LSU -8 over Notre Dame College Bowl Game of the Year

1ShotNLife

EOG Enthusiast
LSU over Notre Dame will be my biggest exposure since the Rutgers over Louisville play in early November. I have analysed the hell out of this game and believe the oddsmaker has been caught sleeping. I will release the write-ups for over 59 points between Oregon-BYU on Monday, December 11, and Virginia Tech -3 over Georgia on Tuesday, December 12.

Wednesday January 3, 2007
LSU ? 8 over Notre Dame ? College Bowl Game of the Year

Preponderance of angles support LSU side that not only outmatches Notre Dame in almost every area of the field, but will have no problem being emotionally prepared covering single digit number in anticipation of biggest bowl game since Nich Saban national title days for Tigers.
Notre Dame?s main weakness, their vulnerable secondary, plays perfectly into LSU?s strength (LSU?s passing game). Much like USC?s Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith tormented and out-muscled Irish DB?s and safeties, look for similar dynamic to unfold in Sugar Bowl with WR trio of Bowe, David, and Doucet. Tiger QB Jamarcus Russell (#3 in country in pass efficiency) should scorch Irish team that is simply outclassed as this game is the softest number in the College Football Bowl Rotation.
Conversely, Notre Dame?s passing strength and star QB Brady Quinn should struggle as athletically gifted and dynamic LSU secondary (#3 pass def in country) are poised to stymie WRs Samarja, McKnight and returning TE Carson. Notre Dame?s two losses( Michigan and USC), and more importantly three close calls (Mich St., UCLA, and Georgia Tech) exposed them for being a marginal team with a lucrative bowl agreement putting them in a spot that sees a step up in class on both sides of the ball they will not be able to handle .
QB Quinn has been under pressure for most of season (30 sacks, Irish 90<SUP>th</SUP> in country in sacks allowed), and do not see a respite as LSU can pressure QB?s with best in the country (3<SUP>rd</SUP> in sacks with 3.5 per game). Game should unfold with aggressive LSU defense applying constant pressure on Irish which leads to 3 turnovers setting up 17 pts off of turnovers. See run game marginalized as early LSU scores force Quinn to pass from onset, thereby putting Heisman candidate in compromising passing downs against LSU strength. Foresee numerous 2<SUP>nd</SUP> and 3<SUP>rd</SUP> and longs, only exacerbating Notre Dames match-up malaise .
Conclusion ? Oddsmaker caught napping as softest line on the board (-8 at open, presently at -9) gives tremendous value on LSU side that should be able to take advantage of numerous match-up advantages, both offensively and defensively, allowing LSU to win the game by 21-28 pts.
Cheers,
John

dirty

EOG Master
Re: LSU -8 over Notre Dame College Bowl Game of the Year

This is a Load your wagon play

Good Luck is right--Like I've said all year long--I'm not putting my hard earned money on a Les Miles coached team. The big man from ND will close the gap and keep the Irish in the game. How many Int's will Mr. Russell throw?
LSU might cover and should--but with a month to prepare--I'll take ND.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Hogan ....

agree 3000%

Better bets on the board this year

dirty

EOG Master

Good Luck is right--Like I've said all year long--I'm not putting my hard earned money on a Les Miles coached team. The big man from ND will close the gap and keep the Irish in the game. How many Int's will Mr. Russell throw?
LSU might cover and should--but with a month to prepare--I'll take ND.

how are you going to make up for the gap in talent...bet ND you will lose your money

When does LSU face that kind of qb/wr combos like this? Certainly not in the SEC. The month off can only help ND here.

dirty

EOG Master

Where does ND play the type of speed and talent LSU has....Certainly not in the Regular season....as evidenced by their Bowl Record last 10 years and Reg season record against Top 25 teams

mofome

Banned

When does LSU face that kind of qb/wr combos like this? Certainly not in the SEC. The month off can only help ND here.

:+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3 :+textinb3

dirty

EOG Master

Who said USC had tons more superior talent...They had more but not tons more...ND has alot of slow overrated players and it shows when they play anyone with speed....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

should be a good game...

certainly a clash of styles...

CHIHUAHUA

EOG Veteran

Who said USC had tons more superior talent...They had more but not tons more...ND has alot of slow overrated players and it shows when they play anyone with speed....

UCLA and Oregon St. in the top 5 or top 20 for that matter. I like the way you say " who says" in alot of your posts. Bet it all on LSU buddy if you have the BALLS to do it. I am sure all these posters that talk about ND getting their ass kicked won't do it, they just talk a good game. I will be here after the game to tell you i told you so.:+whipping

CHIHUAHUA

EOG Veteran

Put your money where your mouth is. I mean it's a sure thing.

dirty

EOG Master

don't worry dog boy....My money is already on lSU...bet it the day it opened....

CHIHUAHUA

EOG Veteran

Can we verify it like you did PO's play. I mean it probably is your biggest play of the year.

dirty

EOG Master

dogboy I played it the same as my other plays....Like I always do...i use Money Management...

<TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR><TD noWrapFONT=Arial]37593683-1[/SIZE </TD><TD noWrap>12/07/2006 6:02 PM </TD><TD noWrap>Spread </TD><TD noWrap align=right>275.00 </TD><TD noWrap align=right>250.00 </TD><TD noWrap>Football - 476 LSU Tigers -8 -110 for Game </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CHIHUAHUA

EOG Veteran

I thought it would be at least a 2* play for you with all the hype you are giving this game. Oh well talk and faith are very cheap. Sheep! Sheep!

dirty

EOG Master

as I tried to explain...all my plays are for the same amount....and If the line moves to a number I like as good or better I will take it again...any good gambler knows you have to have a money management system and not play games you don't like..the fact that I played it means I believe it is a very strong play and will win

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

Notre Dame has not won a Bowl Game since 1993:

1993 // N DAME vs TEX A&M //Line: -8 //Score: 24 - 21 //SU: W //ATS: L
1994 // N DAME vs COLORADO //Line: 7 //Score: 24 - 41 //SU: L //ATS: L
1995 // N DAME vs FLA ST //Line: 11 //Score: 26 - 31 //SU: L //ATS: W
1997 // N DAME vs LSU //Line: 6.5 //Score: 9 - 27 //SU: L //ATS: L
1998 // N DAME vs GA TECH //Line: 3 //Score: 28 - 35 //SU: L //ATS: L
2000 // N DAME vs ORE ST //Line: 4 //Score: 9 - 41 //SU: L //ATS: L
2002 // N DAME vs NC ST //Line: 1 //Score: 6 - 28 //SU: L //ATS: L
2004 // N DAME vs ORE ST //Line: 4 //Score: 21 - 38 //SU: L //ATS: L
2005 // N DAME vs OHIO ST //Line: 4.5 //Score: 20 - 34 //SU: L //ATS: L

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Notre Dame has not won a Bowl Game since 1993:

1993 // N DAME vs TEX A&M //Line: -8 //Score: 24 - 21 //SU: W //ATS: L
1994 // N DAME vs COLORADO //Line: 7 //Score: 24 - 41 //SU: L //ATS: L
1995 // N DAME vs FLA ST //Line: 11 //Score: 26 - 31 //SU: L //ATS: W
1997 // N DAME vs LSU //Line: 6.5 //Score: 9 - 27 //SU: L //ATS: L
1998 // N DAME vs GA TECH //Line: 3 //Score: 28 - 35 //SU: L //ATS: L
2000 // N DAME vs ORE ST //Line: 4 //Score: 9 - 41 //SU: L //ATS: L
2002 // N DAME vs NC ST //Line: 1 //Score: 6 - 28 //SU: L //ATS: L
2004 // N DAME vs ORE ST //Line: 4 //Score: 21 - 38 //SU: L //ATS: L
2005 // N DAME vs OHIO ST //Line: 4.5 //Score: 20 - 34 //SU: L //ATS: L

Only last yeras bowl loss was with Weis coaching; however. And that loss was to probably one of the 3 best teams in the country (keep in mind Ohio State lost a very close game to Texas, with OUT Troy Smith at QB)..

I would not discount Notre Dame so quick. Its a team that will burn you a LOT. Weis having a month to prepare, I could see the classic luck of the Irish making this one very close.

mofome

Banned

How did UCLA and Oregon st. make up for all the talent that USC had?

Enough said.:party

oregon state and UCLA were both road losses. this will not be a road game for LSU.

enough said :party

mofome

Banned

I will be here after the game to tell you i told you so.:+whipping

no, no you wont.

you'll be back and say, "i was kiddin man, just bustin your balls. nice game, i won on LSU 2nd half !!!"

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

LSU in a cakewalk. Notre Dame can't keep close to a ranked team. Even my Cal Bears would beat Notre Dame. At least Cal led at halftime to USC. Notre Dame wasn't even in the game against So Cal.

Apple

Banned

I believe LSU can win by however much they want too. Notre Dame's slow unathletic white boys will not be able to match up with the speedy black players from LSU..

And before anyone calls me racist realize I am white..

LSU by at least 17+

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Gman: Jimmy the Greek is smiling at ya!!

Notre Dame's slow unathletic white boys will not be able to match up with the speedy black players from LSU

CHIHUAHUA

EOG Veteran

no, no you wont.

you'll be back and say, "i was kiddin man, just bustin your balls. nice game, i won on LSU 2nd half !!!"

I actually liked your post untill i saw the last part. Screw 2nd half's.

I will be here after the game so you can tell me how those slow white boy's easily covered the spread.

:+music1-6 :houra

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

I believe LSU can win by however much they want too. Notre Dame's slow unathletic white boys will not be able to match up with the speedy black players from LSU..

And before anyone calls me racist realize I am white..

LSU by at least 17+

Using that angle, than maybe Notre Dame has a shot. Because the educated, mannered and disciplined white boys from Notre Dame will work harder and focus on the game plan and not worry about shouting out to the homies when the camera is near by or running the wrong patterns because they can't read the playbook.

I am white also and being sarcastic on such a stupid statement.

mofome

Banned

I actually liked your post untill i saw the last part. Screw 2nd half's.

I will be here after the game so you can tell me how those slow white boy's easily covered the spread.

thanks for detailing your moment by moment reaction to my short reply.

LSU plays better teams than ND every week. I know brady quinn has a lot of big wins under his belt, but for some reason i dont think he gets it done vs LSU. dont know why

:+clueless

mofome

Banned

Using that angle, than maybe Notre Dame has a shot. Because the educated, mannered and disciplined white boys from Notre Dame will work harder and focus on the game plan and not worry about shouting out to the homies when the camera is near by or running the wrong patterns because they can't read the playbook.

I am white also and being sarcastic on such a stupid statement.

great post. the person you are replying to is obviously a moron.

:cheers

Apple

Banned

great post. the person you are replying to is obviously a moron.

Thanks Mofo.. I can't hate you too much cause you've made me a lot money. You honestly are the best fade on the net.

You're clueless dude if you disagree that LSU isn't athletically superior to that of Notre Dame then you are even more clueless than I originally believed.

But I love your opinions there always square and usually wrong. You get lucky sometimes but even a monkey can pick a winner now and then. Your almost always on the wrong sides of games..

Good luck man and keep posting those fades your square mind has made a lot of people a lot of money. :+whipping

mofome

Banned

gyno, lets be clear here, you're the same guy that used to sweat my balls and asked for my email address. when i crap on you it should indicate to you that your thoughts do not matter to me. ive won in NCAAF, NFL, NCAAB, thats fine.

i think its funny that when a person makes fun of someone, suddenly they didnt like you first, you're a square, and yadda yadda. 5-0 nfl weekend was nice, i hope you did as well.

i did not say that LSU was less athletic. fact is, you could name 2 of their players and i know them all. that doesnt matter a lot, but it does indicate that i know a good deal more than you do. those are the facts.

who said LSU was less athletic? i said you're a fucking moron b/c you reference race like the idiotic POS you've always been known to be. you're stupid, gyno, stupid. its that simple.

Apple

Banned

What I said was the truth... Sorry it wasn't politically correct.

Whats your records this year in all active sports?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

guys please quit hijacking another thread....

if u want to argue, and name call, please do it in the dump....

mofome

Banned

What I said was the truth... Sorry it wasn't politically correct.

Whats your records this year in all active sports?

no, what you said was stupid.

all the racism on these forums is a bit much. ive read your posts when you're depressed and offered you someone to talk to, ive been cool with you at times, but you say so much off the wall shit its ridiculous. saying that what OJ simpson did was deserved by those he killed?

thats pretty bad.

:+clueless