How in the world is Duke #5

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated
Re: How in the world is Duke #5

It's called NAME REPUTATION, and COACH K....THAT IS IT

I laughed all year last year when all the fools got suckered into thinking that team could win it all. Every year they are vastly over rated, as many college programs are rated SIMPLY by name (Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and U-CONN) all come to mind for me, as public darlings in the rakings for college hoops.

I love it when they do it though, as those are GREAT teams to fade. Especially when you KNOW they are vastly over rated (like Duke and U-CONN were last year).

mofome

Banned

It's called NAME REPUTATION, and COACH K....THAT IS IT

I laughed all year last year when all the fools got suckered into thinking that team could win it all. Every year they are vastly over rated, as many college programs are rated SIMPLY by name (Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and U-CONN) all come to mind for me, as public darlings in the rakings for college hoops.

I love it when they do it though, as those are GREAT teams to fade. Especially when you KNOW they are vastly over rated (like Duke and U-CONN were last year).

its comical to see them ranked there and then look at all the wins the vols have and see the coaches have them 25th and maryland unranked. the AP has MSU over MD somehow.

makes sense

:+excited-

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Mo:

Yes, its comical, but DON'T be upset...it really is $$$$$ when they do it, because ppl get caught up in rankings, and the lines consequently get skewed because of them.

Look at Duke tonight....-15??? Are you freaking kidding me:+clueless :+clueless
Let them keep telling the suckers they are a great team. I'll keep fading them, and take their $$$ gladly!:thumbsup

mofome

Banned

Mo:

Yes, its comical, but DON'T be upset...it really is $$$$$ when they do it, because ppl get caught up in rankings, and the lines consequently get skewed because of them.

Look at Duke tonight....-15??? Are you freaking kidding me:+clueless :+clueless
Let them keep telling the suckers they are a great team. I'll keep fading them, and take their $$$ gladly!:thumbsup

haha im not upset. NCAAB is my fav sport to bet on. this year has been a good time. the only time i care is when the seedings come out.

:+whipping

who you got tonight?

:cheers

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Mo:

NCAA, BY FAR my favorite too!
Best thing about hoops is ratings mean little as it's all settled in a REAL tournament/playoff format, unlike the BCS bull chit!!

Tonight Loyola MD is my strongest play (+3) for 3 units. No, I'm not just posting that because they are up nice at half. I have Fairfeild as my next strongest play (2 units). Than i have Temple, and Missouri St as 1 unit plays.

AGAIN, I am VERY UPSET that Winthrop games are not lined, as they would be an EASY 5 unit play getting points aginst #11 Texas A&M. This is a top 25 team EASY. They had Wisconsin BEAT at the Kohl center, and just smacked down Shrik's Old Dominion. A friend of mine who is a NBA scout is in love with this Torrell Martin. Seeing him play, I can see why scouts are ALL OVER this guy. He is the FULL package, and one of the true hidden gems in the country right now.

mofome

Banned

yeah NCAAB is great.

this is the wagerline expert picks for today

<TABLE class=data id=tblNumPicks cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD width="57%">Number of expert picks for this game</TD><TD width="43%">#</TD></TR><TR><TD width="57%">Expert Picks for NC-Greensboro </TD><TD id=tdVisitPicks width=43>1</TD></TR><TR><TD width="57%">Expert Picks for N.C State </TD><TD id=tdHomePicks width=43>15</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

then trace and dirty like NCST a lot as well. they may win and cover, but ....well NCAAB is fun to cap.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Here's my capping

Any team who has a GREYHOUND as its mascot (a sport dear to my heart) is a play!

<TR><TD height="6" colspan="6"><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD> </TR><TR><TD width="5" nowrap="nowrap" rowspan="2"><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD rowspan="2"></TD> <TD width="5" nowrap="nowrap" rowspan="2"><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD width="100%">Loyola (MD) Greyhounds
5-6 (1-1), 3rd Metro Atlantic Athletic

:+textinb3 :+textinb3

Actually they have a pretty solid team, compared to their horrif squads of the past (that were lucky to win 2 games ALL SEASON). Your near them in DC, aren't you? Surprised you were not on them. Home dogs for a very under the radar team, are my favorite plays!</TD></TR>

mofome

Banned

its hard to follow that post, Chalk. lol

yeah im by DC right now.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

God damn format...How the F%$# are you suppose to post?

It USE to never do that when you copied and pasted a logo.
FIX IT DEEDS!!!

Anyway: Just was trying to say that loyola MD is a pretty under the radar team. They are by no means great, but MUCH better than years past. i made a lot off them last year on their VERY improved year. A few years ago they were like 1-27 (and maybe 4-23 ATS) on the season. The beauty of teams like that are that EVERYONE abandons ship after a seasn like that, and you can get a lot of value when they finally turn the program around a little.

mofome

Banned

yeah they are about 45 minutes from me, they and towson have had some tough years ATS in recent seasons. both are improved.

i need samford tonight as my top play, then my other 3 are listed as well. hope you clean up tonight.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

Damn DUKE covers..:+whipping

Oh well, just a small play against them. Temple is real young this year, and I'm not a fan of playing inexperienced teams on the road, but i HAD to play against over rated DUKE.

Loyola MD was easy $$$$$$. Lead start to finish as dogs.Now just get home Fairfeild. I'm getting 4.5 there.

I'm pulling for ya with SAMFORD Mo! That team got on my bad side early in the season when I played them getting like 25 vs Arizona, and they were down about 40 at half!:(

mofome

Banned

Uconn and Unc Greensboro are in

about 80% of the money on NCST

:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

both lines moved against my play, but both covered the entire 2nd half. UNC the entire game

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

NICE NICE NICE JOB MO!!:party

I got home Fairfeild on a backdoor blow job!!:+textinb3 Down 6 with 30 seconds..Must have hit a 3 somwhere (just getting yahoo updates)..Ended up loosing by 3, but a COVER BABY (+4.5)!!:thumbsup

Now see how Missouri State fairs now. I love that team, but they always seem to treat me badly. Had them vs Creighton in their last game, and they pissed away a 11 point lead with 3 minutes to go, and LOOSE by 3 (getting 2). Just the way college hoops goes sometimes.

mofome

Banned

i was worried UNC wouldnt cover b/c of OT. if they lost by 8 in ot i would have exploded

:+textinb3

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

And I get home Missouri State...3-1 on the night for +4.9 units.

God damn DUKIES cost me a perfect night:finger004 :+angry2-9

Tough damn break on Samford MO. Those ass clowns cost me early in the year, and I refused to ever play them again this year, or else i'm sure I would have got bent over with them too.

mofome

Banned

And I get home Missouri State...3-1 on the night for +4.9 units.

God damn DUKIES cost me a perfect night:finger004 :+angry2-9

Tough damn break on Samford MO. Those ass clowns cost me early in the year, and I refused to ever play them again this year, or else i'm sure I would have got bent over with them too.

yeah i liked missouri State too, talked about it with ceeman and he got it. overall a good night, but hate to lose the game like that. tech was covering the 4 for 1 second and it was the only second that mattered. samford was up 6 with 4 seconds left.