Hey Dirty and MO: top 25 getting killed again.

Cannon

Banned
Unranked favorites and lower ranked favorites

Marq (WINNER)
Maryland (WINNER)
California
Stanford
Hawaii

Lower ranked dogs
Tenn (WINNER)

unranked dogs vs top 25 teams
S. Car (LOSER)
Iowa St. (WINNER)
USC (WINNER)
Northwestern (WINNER)
Auburn (WINNER)
Virgina Tech (WINNER)
Wyoming (WINNER)
Colorado
Southern Miss
Georgetown
St. Johns

Games complete 9-1. Last Saturday it went 12-4. Still some games left to get on. I love this system.

Cannon

Banned
Re: Hey Dirty and MO: top 25 getting killed again.

Marq (WINNER)
Maryland (WINNER)
California (WINNER)
Stanford
Hawaii

Lower ranked dogs
Tenn (WINNER)

S. Car (LOSER)
Iowa St. (WINNER)
USC (WINNER)
Northwestern (WINNER)
Auburn (WINNER)
Virgina Tech (WINNER)
Wyoming (WINNER)
Colorado
Southern Miss
Georgetown
St. Johns

Games complete 10-1. Last Saturday it went 12-4. Still some games left to get on. I love this system.
What a day

Cannon

Banned

Marq (WINNER)
Maryland (WINNER)
California (WINNER)
Stanford (WINNER)
Hawaii

Lower ranked dogs
Tenn (WINNER)

S. Car (LOSER)
Iowa St. (WINNER)
USC (WINNER)
Northwestern (WINNER)
Auburn (WINNER)
Virgina Tech (WINNER)
Wyoming (WINNER)
Colorado (LOSER)
Southern Miss (PUSH)
Georgetown (WINNER)
St. Johns (LOSER)

Games complete 12-3-1. Last Saturday it went 12-4. Still some games left to get on. I love this system.

Need Hawaii

Cannon

Banned

Same system as the NCAA football system I play.
System as follows

Bet any team not in the top 25 that is favored over a team that is in the top 25. (5 units)

Bet any team in the top 25 that is ranked lower but they are a favorite over a higher ranked team. (3 1/2 units). Example say a #21 team favored over a #8 team.

Bet any team that is in the top 25 and they are a dog to a team ranked higher than them. (2 1/2 units) Example #21 team as a dog to the #8 team

Bet any team not in the top 25 and they are a dog playing a team in the top 25. (2 units)

I start playing this system Jan 1 each year when football winds down. I try to bet it every day. Saturdays have been huge in the past.

Sundays plays

Miami over Duke 2 units
Oregon over Ariz 2 1/2 units

Cannon

Banned

I have also noticed that if you bet against all home favorites from -1 to - 2 1/2 against the points and bet the road team on the money line it seems to make a profit.

Cannon

Banned

Not for the long haul. I won $21,677 from the SuperBowl to the end of the final four last year.

Cannon

Banned

Missouri coved easily against Kansas and almost won SU. 1-2 1/2 favorites continue to lose I think if San Fran covers they go 5-0 Monday. I am betting them for $50 a unit now and I will increase them to $100 a unit soon. When I can I bet the first and second half as well like today I won first half on Missouri and I have to look but I think I might have one the second half as well. Might be some value in putting a little on the plays if they are a dog on the moneylines. I usually get busy so I try to put my bets down overnight but since most are dogs and opposite the better teams I think you should bet them late if you can. I have done well playing some small round robin parlays and buying a basket in some 4,5, and 6 game parlays for the fun of it.

ace rothstein

EOG Member

have you tracked the record you did last year on this ? not units but % wise.....interesting

This is incredibly intriguing, Cannon! I look forward to watching it and jumping in if I can. How long have you used this system?

Cannon

Banned

I go to the ESPN site and pull up the top 25 for the day. It is quick and easy. In the past I have combined the two polls USA and AP you would add Marquette and Kentucky if you combine them. I have bet this system in football for about 10 years and baskets about 5 years. You might want to bet any teams that are 1-2 1/2 point road dogs if they are not in the above systems as they went 5-0 yesterday.

ace rothstein

EOG Member

can you show us the record of this system ...its interesting...but if you already have a record of tracking this for each type of bet....(pretty sure you probably do only because you already have a unit system )....can you post it........its tideous work trying to track the history of this...but this is what I got from yahoo scores and wagerline lines.......this is if someone was flat betting this system....

So far I have tracked January 2006
86-71 54.77% ...+7.9 units

Bobby Bacala

EOG Senior Member

I am correct to say that Virginia -1 tonight is a 5 unit play?
Virginia is unraked and playing Maryland who is ranked 22 in ESPN poll.

ace rothstein

EOG Member

ah i see, all that work for nothing....theres some games missing some games added etc becuase I just used the whatever yahoo had as a ranked team....... please let us know if you have the individual stats for each unit bet
Thanks

across777

EOG Enthusiast

I am correct to say that Virginia -1 tonight is a 5 unit play?
Virginia is unraked and playing Maryland who is ranked 22 in ESPN poll.

There are a few questions about this game tonight....

#1. Maryland is #22 in the ESPN but unranked in the AP poll. How do you play this one?

#2. Assuming you treat Maryland as a top 25 team (see question #1), the play would be Virginia, except that Virginia is also a 1 point home favorite.

across777

EOG Enthusiast

Same system as the NCAA football system I play.
System as follows

Bet any team not in the top 25 that is favored over a team that is in the top 25. (5 units)

Bet any team in the top 25 that is ranked lower but they are a favorite over a higher ranked team. (3 1/2 units). Example say a #21 team favored over a #8 team.

Bet any team that is in the top 25 and they are a dog to a team ranked higher than them. (2 1/2 units) Example #21 team as a dog to the #8 team

Bet any team not in the top 25 and they are a dog playing a team in the top 25. (2 units)

I start playing this system Jan 1 each year when football winds down. I try to bet it every day. Saturdays have been huge in the past.

Sundays plays

Miami over Duke 2 units
Oregon over Ariz 2 1/2 units

To simplify this, you're just fading the top 25. If a game involves one ranked team and one unranked team, you always play the unranked team, regardless of who is favored.

And if the game involves 2 ranked teams, you always play the team with the lower ranking.

The amount you wager varies depending on which team is favored, but overall you are just betting on the lower ranked team, without exception.

Cannon

Banned

Yes you usually end up betting against the top teams. Virgina is a 5 star for me. Really don't like it but what do I know the system says it is a play so I play it.

dirty

EOG Master

pretty much across...but the stronger of the systems is the unranked team favored over the ranked team

Cannon

Banned

I think it is about 63% since Jan 1st. Dirty has seen me win with these systems for about 4 years in foots and baskets. They never really have a bad run. I just try make a profit and build my bankroll day by day.

Cannon

Banned

Yea Virgina is a 1 point favorite and I usually don't like those but the unranked favorites have been doing well even the small ones. I think 4-0 on Saturday ATS. Taking Virgina and hoping I get lucky.

BigIgg

EOG Enthusiast

I'm seeing Virginia +1.5, so Virginia would still be the play, correct?

BigIgg

EOG Enthusiast

I'm sorry I'm a bit confused, but why did you put 5 units on Virginia if they were getting points?
Was Virginia giving pts at one time?

Cannon

Banned

Yes they were a favorite and the line moved before game time. I bet the game last night.

Today Hit the 5 unit Virgina and 2 1/2 unit Texas what a game that was so that gives me a 2-0 for + 7 1/2 units.

2 unit plays went 1-2 with Utah winning and Conn barely losing and UAB loser.

So for the day
5 units 1-0
2 1/2 units 1-0
2 units 1-2

Cannon

Banned

Wednesday

unranked favorites 5 units
Fla St
Villan

lower ranked dogs 2 1/2 units
Clem

unranked dogs 2 units
Youngstown St.
Auburn
Miss
Northwestern
Vandy Purdue

Cannon

Banned

Wednesday

unranked favorites 5 units
Fla St (WINNER)
Villan (WINNER)

lower ranked dogs 2 1/2 units
Clem (LOSER)

unranked dogs 2 units
Youngstown St. (LOSER)
Auburn (WINNER)
Miss (WINNER)
Northwestern (LOSER)
Vandy (WINNER)
Purdue (WINNER)

Wednesdays Results
5 units 2-0
2 1/2 units 0-1
2 units 4-2

Total 6 Winners +18 units
3 Losers -6 1/2 units

I think I am wasting my time posting these winners nobody seems to give a shit.:+clueless

Great system Cannon--I'm with you--Had Vill big last night--keep posting brother:houra You Da Bomb:houra

Sleeper

EOG Addicted

Cannon,
I just stumbled into this thread by accident this morning and can say that you have expanded a system I have used for many years and can say it works well and you do grind out a profit for sure. I have bet teams that play against top 25 teams and are giving them points. This system does not give you any where near the number of plays you get but it does give a profit year in and year out, that is the bottom line. Your system is interesting and it does give us many more plays and I have my own way of playing games like tonight's Arizona - USC game where a #11 is giving just 1 point to a unranked USC team and the play for me would be USC for half a unit and if the line goes the other way and USC becomes a favorite I will increase this to a full unit, if it becomes a pick I will stay with the half unit bet.
Good luck with your way and if you continue to post (see your comment on posting) I will be following and even playing some of your games. Thanks for your work.
Sleeper

Thanks Cannon. This really is pretty incredible to watch. Sleeper, will you post your plays so we who are interested can watch the two and how they are similar and different and how they work? Thanks to both of you!

Cannon

Banned

Thursday plays 2 units
Wake Forest
Stanford
Fresno St.
Ariz St.
USC

I parlayed some round robins.

I bumped USC to a 5 unit play --got it at a Pick--system is rolling right along--Thanks Cannon.

Hope for a re-peat of last Sat:thumbsup