XM vs. Sirius - The winner is ????

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated
I have been with XM Radio for over a year now, and I can't LIVE without Satelite radio........Just purchased a new Dodge that came with Free Sirius for a year........Now the question is, who is better......The Music so far has been hands down XM, and Summer baseball is fucking the best on Radio......I did get to enjoy the NFL playoff's over the weekend and Howard Stern is not bad.......Opie and Anthony are fucking great as long as the Black guy Patrice Oneal is with them, that fucking guy is funny as hell..........Seems that the Rap is a tad better on Sirius.......Let me know, XM has a slight lead right now, but I have only been with Sirius for about a week.......

Thanks
Hitdogg

Re: XM vs. Sirius - The winner is ????

Both have strong points.

Sports: Sirius has nfl, lot of college football, lot of college hoops, nhl, nba... XM has baseball and NASCAR... I give the nod to Sirius, although I hate not having baseball on my unit.

Talk: Sirius has Stern, XM has Opie and Anthony -- both excellent IMO.

Music: "Hits"-wise, they'll play the same stuff. XM however plays a lot of the "Deep Tracks" off of albums.. Those songs on the CD that didn't get a lot of radio time but are still excellent. Whenever I'm riding in a friend's car that has XM I always get jealous when I hear some obscure Green Day or Springsteen song that you'd rarely hear on Sirius.

Sirius has the better sports, XM has the better music.

My nod goes to Sirius though.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

I've never listened to XM, but I got a Sirius system for Christmas and I love it.

I've had both and give the nod to Sirius. Mostly because of the sports - as mentioned, NFL, College Football, certain conferences in basketball, NBA...basically everything other than MLB. Music was pretty much all the same best I could tell.

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

xm has Fox Sports Radio, which means I have a choice of Steve Czaban in the morning instead of Mickey and Mickey on the four letter. Music seems better on xm and I'd much rather have MLB (all summer and you're more likely to be in the car) than NFL (16 Sundays and, let's face it, you spend most of your NFL Sundays on the couch, not in your car.) There are some college football games on xm also.

NASCAR switched to Sirius for the upcoming season. If you're listening to a NASCAR race on the radio, you've got a problem. I'd rather listen to poker on the radio.

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Tony, I love how you say SIRIUS and have not had a day of XM.....Get real, beeatch.........My money is on the two combining before one goes out of bizzzznes.....

Hitdogg

pvcpipe

EOG Master

I prefer XM, although you can't say enough about SIRIUS' nfl contract. I much prefer Opie and Anthony to Stern. Also, XM is in negotiations for rights to the entire SEC, along with already having rights to ACC, Pac-10, and the Big East.

XM and for me it's not close.

Music is far better. I'm never in the car on an NFL Sunday and neither should you be!

I guess NASCAR and the NBA/NHL are difference makers. I could care less about auto racing and as evidenced by my screen name, I'm an NHL fan, so you can keep the NBA.

Fwiw, XM's subscriber base is about double Sirius and the stock price is 17 vs 4. Just wanted throw out some useless numbers.:whatever:

Tony, I love how you say SIRIUS and have not had a day of XM.....Get real, beeatch.........My money is on the two combining before one goes out of bizzzznes.....

Hitdogg

That shows you don't know chit!!! MRS MONTANA has an ACURA with XM radio!! I used her car for a week last summer and ride around in it quit often!!

MLB will sell to both after their contract is up and that will spell the end of XM whose sign ups are in the tank. Without GM they would have already been done!!

And don't compare those two hack wantabes to the KING OF ALL MEDIA!!! It ain't even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:+excited-

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

this one is easy - and TWO words are all ya need to know

HOWARD STERN

discussion ends there

patswin

EOG Veteran

Never tried Siruis but have had XM for the last year and I really enjoy it. Really like the MLB package and some of the college sports. The NFL would be nice but I'm not in the car much on Sunday's anyways. I would recommend to others.

I have both and both have strong points. If forced to choose I would take XM because of baseball. No substitute for being able to pick up a ballgame in the afternoon while driving.

Sirius has a lifetime membership for $499. XM's 5-year package is $599.40.

XM and for me it's not close.

Music is far better. I'm never in the car on an NFL Sunday and neither should you be!

I guess NASCAR and the NBA/NHL are difference makers. I could care less about auto racing and as evidenced by my screen name, I'm an NHL fan, so you can keep the NBA.

Fwiw, XM's subscriber base is about double Sirius and the stock price is 17 vs 4. Just wanted throw out some useless numbers.:whatever:

this shows lack of knowledge regarding stocks...

sirius marketcap 5.4 billion
xm marketcap 4.1 billion

i have sirius which i like

i was listening to XM in my dad's truck this weekend and there were commercials which I thought went against the selling point of commercial free radio?!?!?

don't see a big difference other than sports selection or talk show selection

this shows lack of knowledge regarding stocks...

sirius marketcap 5.4 billion
xm marketcap 4.1 billion

i have sirius which i like

i was listening to XM in my dad's truck this weekend and there were commercials which I thought went against the selling point of commercial free radio?!?!?

don't see a big difference other than sports selection or talk show selection

Maybe I am dumb, but XM's price looks a lot more attractive to me. Marketcap or not, I'm not going to be able to buy as much XM stock tommorow as I would Sirius.
You heard commercials because Clear Channel bought a stake in XM and wanted commercial music channels of popular formats. XM has duplicated those channels with their own NON commercial channels. You get both.

<table class="yfnc_modtitlew1" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr class="yfnc_modtitle1"> <td><small>SIRIUS SATELLITE R (NasdaqGS:SIRI) Delayed quote data</small></td> <td align="right"></td></tr></tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td height="1"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="1"></td></tr></tbody></table> <table style="width: 776px; height: 815px;" class="yfnc_modtitlew1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan="5"> <table cellpadding="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>After Hours: 3.87 0.01 (0.26%)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> <table class="yfncsumdatagrid" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="185"> <tbody> <tr valign="top"> <td class="yfnc_datamodoutline1"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Last Trade:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1"><big>3.86</big></td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Trade Time:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">Jan 17</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Change:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1"> 0.29 (6.99%)</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Prev Close:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">4.15</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Open:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">4.10</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Bid:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">3.80<small> x 5000</small></td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Ask:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">3.93<small> x 300</small></td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">1y Target Est:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">5.42</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td> <td nowrap="nowrap" width="5"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="5"></td> <td> <table class="yfncsumdatagrid" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="185"> <tbody> <tr valign="top"> <td class="yfnc_datamodoutline1"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Day's Range:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">3.86 - 4.17</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">52wk Range:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">3.50 - 6.45</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Volume:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">96,199,821</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Avg Vol <small>(3m)</small>:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">46,393,200</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Market Cap:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">5.43B</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">P/E <small>(ttm)</small>:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">N/A</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">EPS <small>(ttm)</small>:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">-0.85</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Div & Yield:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">N/A (N/A)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="yfnc_modtitlew1" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr class="yfnc_modtitle1"> <td><small>XM SATELLITE RADIO (NasdaqGS:XMSR) Delayed quote data</small></td> <td align="right"></td></tr></tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td height="1"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="1"></td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="yfnc_modtitlew1" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="580"> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan="5"> <table cellpadding="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>After Hours: 15.39 0.06 (0.39%)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> <table class="yfncsumdatagrid" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="185"> <tbody> <tr valign="top"> <td class="yfnc_datamodoutline1"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Last Trade:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1"><big>15.45</big></td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Trade Time:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">Jan 17</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Change:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1"> 1.69 (9.86%)</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Prev Close:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">17.14</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Open:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">17.02</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Bid:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">15.10<small> x 200</small></td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Ask:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">17.30<small> x 7300</small></td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">1y Target Est:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">20.03</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td> <td nowrap="nowrap" width="5"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="5"></td> <td> <table class="yfncsumdatagrid" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="185"> <tbody> <tr valign="top"> <td class="yfnc_datamodoutline1"> <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Day's Range:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">15.36 - 17.38</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">52wk Range:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">9.63 - 28.54</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Volume:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">27,589,220</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Avg Vol <small>(3m)</small>:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">10,353,100</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Market Cap:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">4.15B</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">P/E <small>(ttm)</small>:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">N/A</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">EPS <small>(ttm)</small>:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">-2.90</td></tr> <tr> <td class="yfnc_tablehead1" width="48%">Div & Yield:</td> <td class="yfnc_tabledata1">N/A (N/A)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Best radio show is on at 9am-12pm at 92.3 Free FM!

DOG HOUSE!!!!!! WHAATTTTTTT!!!!!!

JV AND ELIVS SHOW BABY!