OT- SAD DAY FOR BETTOR DAYS...

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
My girl just ran over our dog by mistake. I'm not sure the details but she sounded hysterical. First dog I've ever had and I have gotten extremely close to it. I'm pretty shaken up about it. I need as much prayers as you can spare. Needless to say if Lucy doesn't make it or needs some sort of drawn out care there will be no Blast for me. That is the last of my worries though.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
Re: OT- SAD DAY FOR BETTOR DAYS...

Thanks, I'm just stuck here at work and can't do anything till 11 and by then might be too late. She has no cell phone and I don't even know whats happening. Never thought would be this upsetting.
PS my bad. didn't mean to start this thread in poli room, my brain isn't working to well right now.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Man ...that sucks

I love animals ...they are better than humans in many ways

ynot

EOG Dedicated

Sorry to hear that Bettor, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Hope all is well.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

i hope everything is ok, my prayers are with you and your dog, keep us posted.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Thank all of you guys for the kind words, and I appreciate all your concern. I just needed to tell somebody to try and feel a little better. I just spoke to my girl and she is a little calmed down and Lucy is in surgery now. She says that she ran over her entire back part of her body and legs. She was concious but not moving before she went in. She might be paralized. She is just 3 years old man. This shit is really depressing. I just wish I could be there. I feel really helpless right about now.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Thank you very much Andrew. Very thoughtful. My girl says they should be wrapping it up pretty soon. She seems pessimistic but I think she is just feeling guilty. I spoke to her mother and she was more positive as far as the injuries go. She says there is likely not going to be permanent damage (paralysis) to her. they said she probably wasn't moving because she was in shock. She's a strong dog for a 20 lbs little thing. Will know the full story soon though.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Bettor:

Holy shit ...I reread and ....wow

I dont know what I would be doing or thinking in your shoes right now

I would be drunk as shit or in jail ... and hopefully you are neither as I
might be an ass but not to animals

I dont know what to say ....

The Devil

EOG Master

THATS GOOD NEWS BETTOR.......HOPEFULLY SHE MAKES A FULL RECOVERY........

YOU HAVE MY THOUGHTS..GOD WILL GOVERN THIS..-Jojo

If you need me to have a cell phone run out there..HOLLAR!

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

This is the first avatar I had when I got here and it is the scene from "A Christmas Story " when Ralphie(the kid) had his mouth washed out with soap. That's why Glaken called me Ralphie.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Bettor...

In your honor and in respect to Mans Best Friend

I will not bash Bush for the next 10 minutes

G Damn ...this story is more than I can handle ... Holy Shit ...I
truly dont know what I would do

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

YOU HAVE MY THOUGHTS..GOD WILL GOVERN THIS..-Jojo

If you need me to have a cell phone run out there..HOLLAR!
JoJo your a classy guy man. That is a very generous offer but they are letting my girl use the phone at the vet. I know your a dog lover and thanks for the offer man means alot.

Thats right..Aint doing it for you or your girl..Sorry.......Doing it for Lucy:cool:

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

as a fellow dog owner, i can understand. i hope your "little friend" makes a speedy recovery.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Guys, I just want to let you all know that Lucy is home and she is on her road to recovery. The damage was to the left back leg and it was shredded up pretty bad but the doctors feel the operation went well enough to allow her to have a full recovery. As you can imagine my mood has done a complete 180 and I can't wait to go show her some love. Again thanks for the concern concern. On a side note on the way home from the vet my girl was involved in a hit and run. :doh1 I guess when it rains it pours. Everyone in the car is fine and it seems that someone from North Miami Beach will be going to jail tonight. I can't wait till this crazy ass day is over that's for sure.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Good job @ Lucy what breed is she:D

sorry about the hit and run :(

tomorrow is a new day :)
She is a Mix, mixed Cocker and Terrier. BTW my girl is shocked at the generosity and kindess shown by all you guys and she told me to pass along a big thank you to you all. You will all meet her at the blast. :houra

gofer5

EOG Addicted

Guys, I just want to let you all know that Lucy is home and she is on her road to recovery. The damage was to the left back leg and it was shredded up pretty bad but the doctors feel the operation went well enough to allow her to have a full recovery. As you can imagine my mood has done a complete 180 and I can't wait to go show her some love.

That's great new's B.D. I can imagine she will be getting a lot of attention around your house for a while. Glad to hear she should have a full recovery!

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

Last night was pretty rough. She was whimpering the entire night till I went home at like 2:30 am. She was shaking and wouldn't even much move. They gave us pain meds that we can start giving her today. I am happy to say that she is in much better shape than I thought. She could even be walking around in a few days. Docs said she would be confused and in pain for a bit but she should be OK.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated

did the vets tell you about putting her meds in with a treat?
You know this dog has never given me any problems eating any pills or any heartworm meds. She eats up whatever you put in front of her if you pretend it's something cool that she would want. As guilty as my girl is feeling, Lucy will be eating human food for a week I'm sure.:houra