EOG Veteran
Re: Federer/Gonzalez.....lets go

me......

Federer hasnt drop a set all tourney:doh1

Dude is amazing....

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

if Gonzalez doesnt start gettin 1st serves in the slight chance he has is nonexistent

Roger found his groove with the break, he'll eventually break his spirit and take over.

Looks like the wind is causing some bad shots on both sides. Doesn't bother Roger, he just finds ways to make big shots. Even on clearly not his best day he's a serious stud on this surface.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

if he coulda taken the 1st set, then maybe he woulda had a small hope..but i think it's cruise control now

PO69

EOG Master

I sure hope that Gonzalez doesnt RETIRE early and cancel my straight bet on Federer and my 3-0 Federer set win at +110

You could see Gonzalez choking at a couple of big moments, he had his chance. Not surprising considering the situation.

PO69

EOG Master

Gonzo may retire in the third set if he loses the second and I will be SOOOOOOOOO PISSED!!

he is not choking

Yeah right, he had half the court open for a forehand to win the set and he sent it into the net. He choked there and a couple other spots.

If he retires I would be stunned, he shows no ill effects of whatever he's got. It's a final of a major, you never give up here unless you just can't go.

PO69

EOG Master

Of course Federer will probably lose the French Open as always

dirty

EOG Master

Yeah right, he had half the court open for a forehand to win the set and he sent it into the net. He choked there and a couple other spots.

If he retires I would be stunned, he shows no ill effects of whatever he's got. It's a final of a major, you never give up here unless you just can't go.

:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

I Plead the 5th :+clueless

Roger has only lost to Nadal last two years or he wins it. No guarantee Nadal gets in his way this time around. He is so far ahead of the competition you can't really discount his chance to do it too much.

It could be worse, but you can just see no way Gonzalez is going to beat Roger on this surface anytime soon. He is holding up better than anyone else, but the gap is still there. Maybe the premier performance he had against Roddick took a little out of him, but he still has way too much for the field on anything but clay. I am sure that is all he is working on this year, get the French monkey off his back.

cSlylite

EOG Member

A few Happy Posters in this thread. Nice job guys.

I personally forgot all about this match.

Woody

EOG Veteran

Woke up, checked the results and found the good 3-0 news.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I have to admit, I fell asleep before the live match last night but I'm watching the replay on ESPN2 now. I'm flabbergasted that this Gonzalez got this far without being able to hit a topspin backhand....every backhand has been a weak slice. Federer is great and would probably still win, but this is more about the lack of competition than anything else. It's just unreal that the finalist in any grand slam would not be able to hit a topspin backhand!

I watched it live and couldn't believe how dominant both were with their service games. I mean the guy only got broken 3 times and lost in straight sets. Roger looked to have a little hangover from the Roddick match. If he played like that against Andy he would have certainly lost at least a set. He made big shots when he needed, but far fewer incredible shots last night than before. I mean he brought out the whole bag of tricks against Roddick, there were too many amazing shots to possibly catch them all on Sportscenter.

dirty

EOG Master

I watched it live and couldn't believe how dominant both were with their service games. I mean the guy only got broken 3 times and lost in straight sets. Roger looked to have a little hangover from the Roddick match. If he played like that against Andy he would have certainly lost at least a set. He made big shots when he needed, but far fewer incredible shots last night than before. I mean he brought out the whole bag of tricks against Roddick, there were too many amazing shots to possibly catch them all on Sportscenter.

Very good synopsis.... Was great to watch and as well and Gonzy played I was shocked it was Straight sets as well....

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran

Very good synopsis.... Was great to watch and as well and Gonzy played I was shocked it was Straight sets as well....

Gonzo had that first set :hung
Agree Great match
Federer is a machine

Dirty you have mail