Thursday Plays..

kcjhawk3

EOG Senior Member
Nice day yesterday going 7-4. Here are my early plays. I will be back later with some later ones.

Providence +8.5 (-105)- To me this is just too many points to give a Friar team that can play with just about anyone especially considering how poorly Notre Dame is playing right now. The Irish has lost two straight games and their offense has been very poor in their last five games with the exception of their big road win at Syracuse. When Notre Dame wins by DD it simply outscores their opponents and Providence can score. They rank 41st in OE and I really think Herbert Hill could be force inside tonight against the undersized Irish. Providence has covered their last three road games and I just don't think Notre Dame is in good enough to form to beat Providence by DD.

Purdue -2 (-110)- The Hoosiers have dominated this rivalry winning the last five meetings and don't think that Landry and Teague don't want to end that before they set off into the sunset. The Boilers are a very tough team to beat on their home floor going 13-1 SU on the season and they are playing quality ball right now really pushing Ohio State in their last game. Indiana is a different team when they hit the road going just 2-5 SU and I really don't think this team is all that talented and I respect what Sampson has been able to get out of them this year. The one day delay I think only helps the home team and this is real tough spot for the Hoosiers to go in and get a win.

Samford PK (-110)- Samford is riding a two-game losing streak right now and this is a team that has a lot of experience and I don't see them making it three tonight. Morehead State was the story of the OVC, starting 6-2, but they have now lost 9 games in a row and now they have to face a hungry Bulldog squad that has beaten them in the last five meetings. What makes Samford so effective outside of their very slow pace of play is they are very efficient at scoring ranking 124th in OE. Morehead State hasn't beaten a team with a winning record all season and I don't expect that to change tonight agianst a solid Samford squad.

Manhattan +10 (-110)- Mahattan has also given the Red Foxes of Marist a hard time and I think that will continue tonight as this is too many points for Marist to have to give in this game. One of the major reasons is that the Jaspers play quality defense by MAAC standards ranking 140th in DE and that is big when playing Marist because if their offense gets going they are really tough to contend with. Manhattan is a great road team going 9-3 ATS, while Marist mostly because of inflated value because of Jared Jordan and their early season successes have an inflated value they carry. The Jaspers have won 3 of the last 5 meetings SU and they want to play spoiler to Marist's conference champiionship aspirations and they won't die quietly tonight.

YTD- 225-196 +12.75 units

kcjhawk3

EOG Senior Member
Re: Thursday Plays..

Last four plays:

FIU +10 (-110)- Just think this is good value against MTSU right now. MTSU has now lost three straight games and I just like to fade teams that are favored by DD when they struggle to score as much as MTSU does. They score just 61 points a game and they rank 228th in OE. In the first meeting at FIU, MTSU was able to win by 14 points but FIU shot just 25% from the field. MTSU has covered just 1 of thier last 5 and I see good value going against them tonight with an FIU team that isn't good by any means but they aren't horrible either.

UMass/Fordham Under 131.5 (-105)- Fordham much like MTSU is reeling right now losing three straight and I think they will try to bloddy this game up. Fordham can't compete with UMass in a running match so they will slow the pace like they want ranking 251st and try to win with their stout defense that ranks 57th in DE. Fordham for all their flaws is pretty good at dictating pace as they like slow games and in 7 of the 8 games when the total has been set in the 130's it has gone under. A rare national TV appearance for the Rams will have them motivated and they know the only way they can win is by keeping this game in the low 60's.

USC +7 (-110)- It is amazing how Arizona wins one game at Oregon and they are miracously cured off all their ills. They are in a tough spot tonight because USC has had 8 days to think about their loss to UCLA and you give Tim Floyd that long to get ready and he will have a team ready for tonight's game. The Trojans are 6-1 ATS as a dog this year and it comes as no surpise when you consider they play great defense ranking 9th in DE and their physical style of play can really frustrate talented offensive team like the Cats. USC won the first meeting by 7 points and I see this game coming down to the wire and USC is going to come to play in this game I can assure you of that.

Oregon/Cal Over 143 (-110)- The first meeting between these two teams nearly got to 180 points and I see no reason why this one can't get close to 150. The main reason is I see the Ducks who have been relatively quite on the offensive end exploding tonight. Cal really has no precense down low that will deter the Ducks and their 29th ranked OE from scoring in high volume tonight. Cal is a bad defensive team ranking 208th in DE. They were able to hold WSU to just 59 points in their last game, but in the six games following them holding their opponents to under 60 the following game has gone over every time. Both teams have no qualms getting up and down the floor and with so much perimeter talent I expect that to happen tonight just like the first meeting.