Boys, I Struck the Wall Street Gold Mine Today

OscarB

EOG Dedicated
Went short on this market about 2 weeks ago. I was getting a little worried about the timing, cuz heavily margined - I stood to lose a lot. However, I hit the jackpot today. Was heavy on several short term expiration put options and also short the Qs on big time margin. I expect a follow through in the morning and will probably close out some positions sometime tomorrow - should show a "significant" 5 figure gain. Let me tell you, today was more exciting for me, than any sports wager I have ever placed.

:smokesmal

janus

EOG Dedicated
Re: Boys, I Struck the Wall Street Gold Mine Today

nice day to be have short positions or options for sure

for all you "shoppers",
some good $ deals to be had in the coming few days gentlemen!
man that line sure moved today, buddy.

it could only be... billy's "sharp stuff" that caused it to swing that large, right?

value on the right-side

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Can't say I followed all that, but congrats Oscar :cheers

Thanks Smoke. Hey, I tell ya where I wish had of put some big $$ - on Dan Henderson last Sat night. Did you see the beating he put on Wanderlei Silva ?
I came soooo close to pulling the string on that one...Just had a feeling about Henderson - he is just damn good. I didn't buy those Pride fights (just saw some highlights), but they have me psyched up to buy UFC - this weekend right ?

Oscar

Went short on this market about 2 weeks ago. I was getting a little worried about the timing, cuz heavily margined - I stood to lose a lot. However, I hit the jackpot today. Was heavy on several short term expiration put options and also short the Qs on big time margin. I expect a follow through in the morning and will probably close out some positions sometime tomorrow - should show a "significant" 5 figure gain. Let me tell you, today was more exciting for me, than any sports wager I have ever placed.

:smokesmal

Congrats buddy...:+excited-

:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-:+excited-
yay

It is more fun than sports but you have to have 25k in your account to day trade. Rich bastards!:cheers

Thanks Smoke. Hey, I tell ya where I wish had of put some big $$ - on Dan Henderson last Sat night. Did you see the beating he put on Wanderlei Silva ?
I came soooo close to pulling the string on that one...Just had a feeling about Henderson - he is just damn good. I didn't buy those Pride fights (just saw some highlights), but they have me psyched up to buy UFC - this weekend right ?

Oscar

Yes Oscar, UFC 68 this weekend bud. I am definetly a fan of Dan Henderson. He won me some money on his fight before last, against V. Belfort. You're right, Henderson isn't amazing in any one area, just damn good at everything. Will have UFC 68 posts/threads later this week...

muskatel

EOG Addicted

OscarB - Congrats! Damn, I couldn't go out on margin on your kind of play, but great play.

I went heavy on SDS this morning in mid $57's after Shanghai was down 9%. Closed $60.75.

Great trading by you....

Sorry for those long Neteller stock, which still isn't trading (last I checked).....

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Congrats Oscar, good for you. I wont pretend to understand anything you wrote other than you made a bundle today. Way to go.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

In all sincerity, thanks guys - have been playing the market for almost 25 years and this was a day that I had only dreamed of ..almost cashed out around noon when market was way down, but decided to see it out. When the bottom fell out this afternoon it was like hittin all bars on the $25 slots

muskatel - I noticed Japan down almost 4% in early trading tonight; we're on the verge of a little worldwide panic. probably a good time to turn it around and go long soon.

Congrats Oscar hope it was in the high 5 figures.I think were in for some wild fluctuations the economy has been going too well for too long

dirty

EOG Master

congrats bud :dancefool:dancefool:dancefool

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I know nothing about the stock market. (Wish I did) But one thing I have learned in sports which is not allways easy to do but is my only motto (Bet the dog or nobody). It has taken me from a big loser to a small winner over time. Would guess something along those lines holds true in stocks.

now make the leap to millions! confessions of a street addict is a decent book by that jim cramer mad money guy.

Congrats.. I play the market a little myself and have averaged down on many of my positions to generate a little profit but nothing like what your describing..

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I always can tell where the market is going by auto sales. They are horrible and I have no idea why this market is still being artificially inflated. Home sales are also way off. I look for this market to totally collapse very soon. You should hold on to whatever long term commitments you can. On the short side that it.

Oscar,

Sorry about today...

Hope u can still get out of your other positions with a bang...

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I admit, that I have not a clue about the stock market. Don't even know the symbols or how to read the numbers, so forth etc. Hey-I'm a poor guy that never had the inclination to learn...but it's fascinating to read about those that know what they're doing. My question is this--old as time itself; but what goes UP --MUST- come DOWN (spinning wheels gotta go round, from an oldies tune). Isn't it all a matter of timing? Educate me.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i am a commodity trader.....

traded heavily in the late 90's

rejoined the game about 6 weeks ago.....

missed the entire move yesterday,,,,,,,, as i was busy in the grain markets (my speciality)........... corn/wheat/beans and spread trade alot......

shorted an emini sp today at 1416.50 (great entry today)........ waited all day for a good drop......... took profits at 1409.50 for a 7pt ($350) gain....

probably should have stayed short overnight but im still a small trader, for the moment...... plan on becoming a fulltime trader by July 2008

please feel free to continue the market talk.......

currently Long May wheat/Short May corn (52 cents to the spread), looking for a move back to 58 cents, then ill take profits again....

been playing this spread---------both ways, like a banjo for a few weeks..

forget Cramer (hes ok) -------- watch the Fast Money traders,,,,,,, 7pm cst on CNBC nightly.....

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Oscar,

Sorry about today...

Hope u can still get out of your other positions with a bang...

I closed out most positions soon as market opened - still gave a little back, though, especially on the puts. There wasn't much I could do - the options market was just crazy. Overall, it was still a big bang - biggest ever for me anyways.:D

Bought a few calls this afternoon- but back mostly in cash right now. Who knows what's in store for this market over next couple months. I'm back on cautious side for awhile.

oscar you are very brave to play the market short like that. i am not as brave as you, sir.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

i am a commodity trader.....

traded heavily in the late 90's

rejoined the game about 6 weeks ago.....

missed the entire move yesterday,,,,,,,, as i was busy in the grain markets (my speciality)........... corn/wheat/beans and spread trade alot......

shorted an emini sp today at 1416.50 (great entry today)........ waited all day for a good drop......... took profits at 1409.50 for a 7pt ($350) gain....

probably should have stayed short overnight but im still a small trader, for the moment...... plan on becoming a fulltime trader by July 2008

please feel free to continue the market talk.......

currently Long May wheat/Short May corn (52 cents to the spread), looking for a move back to 58 cents, then ill take profits again....

been playing this spread---------both ways, like a banjo for a few weeks..

forget Cramer (hes ok) -------- watch the Fast Money traders,,,,,,, 7pm cst on CNBC nightly.....

SSI - trading commodities is tough biz isn't it ? I did a little of it in the 80s, orange juice mostly, never had much luck though. How high is gold going ?

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

WHEN I WAS A KID MY FRIENDS USED TO TRADE BASEBALL CARDS:LMAO

You must be in my age range (60 ish); that's what I used to do ... But lost track of them somewhere along the way. My friends were all Orioles or Yankees fans with a few Braves fans (Milwaukee then).
Has Anyone got a Gus Triandos card? (Orioles catcher).