Notice the SILENCE from the Right regarding Walter Reed??

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Interesting ....

The Right yaps that "Americans need to support the troops" and now the death of Anna Nicole Smith or the Britney Spears meltdown is a bigger issue?

MY GOD .... THE RIGHT TRULY DOES HATE OUR TROOPS .... THEY SEND THEM INTO HARMS WAY BASED ON LIES ... THEY DONT GIVE THEM ENOUGH OF THE PROPER PROTECTION ... AND NOW THIS SHIT ???

God bless these kids and if any of them run for Office as a Dem expect to be attacked by the Right band of phony ass Neo Nazis

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: Notice the SILENCE from the Right regarding Walter Reed??

When the story broke TWO YEARS AGO, in an online magazine, the Bush administration attacked them as well as denying the story. The usual procedure. Then, when the Washington Post reported the same thing last month, they tried the same thing. But now, even Cons, I think are less apt to swallow what this administration dishes out. Like FEMA in Nawlings, this military hospital was crippled by the Bush administration. Vets were even paying for their own food, another GREAT suggestion by the former halliburton executives that received the contract to serve Walter Reed's Veterans. When will these guys get their impeachment and imprisonment papers? UNBELIEVABLE.

dirty

EOG Master

Seems to me I am reading that the Criticism is Bipartisan and that the Sub Committee that overlooked the problems that Kiley was hiding and Promising he was taking care of was Bi Partisan as well...

Why would anyone be surprised that anything in Todays Bureaucratic society is delayed and the tasks are underperformed. Just look at any Government Program or Office, from Local to Federal, and you will see the problems. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Everyone passes the buck.. Last I checked the Military was a part of the Federal Government. With the way Desk Jockeys and wannabe Bigshots always stall things this should be no surprise... Why should anyone think that the Desk Jockeys in the Military be any different?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Seems to me I am reading that the Criticism is Bipartisan and that the Sub Committee that overlooked the problems that Kiley was hiding and Promising he was taking care of was Bi Partisan as well...

Why would anyone be surprised that anything in Todays Bureaucratic society is delayed and the tasks are underperformed. Just look at any Government Program or Office, from Local to Federal, and you will see the problems. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Everyone passes the buck.. Last I checked the Military was a part of the Federal Government. With the way Desk Jockeys and wannabe Bigshots always stall things this should be no surprise... Why should anyone think that the Desk Jockeys in the Military be any different?
That's all true D but, when the VP's old buddies take over food service in a huge military complex....that's just one more bit of bullshit we're just supposed to accept(and stay bent over?), metaphorically?

dirty

EOG Master

and what does Cheney's Buds taking over food Service have to do with Care at Walter Reed... Were they supposed to be spies and report back that the ASG was not doing what he said he was? I am a little confused... Was it ethical that they got the contract...I don't know... I have not done any looking to see if they won a bid Fair and square.... But the food has nothing to do with Inadequate Medical care

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

and what does Cheney's Buds taking over food Service have to do with Care at Walter Reed... Were they supposed to be spies and report back that the ASG was not doing what he said he was? I am a little confused... Was it ethical that they got the contract...I don't know... I have not done any looking to see if they won a bid Fair and square.... But the food has nothing to do with Inadequate Medical care
It all has to do with how our honorable Veterans have been treated.....when a disabled Veteran has to pay out of his pocket while receiving sub-standard care.... it is all part and parcel of the larger picture of horrible leadership as exemplified by george W bush and Richard cheney who were responsible for the dismantling and outsourcing of management and skilled labor to make way for political appointees with no experience in their chosen field, whether it was FEMA or Walter Reed Hospital.

"The problem starts with money. The administration uses carefully cooked numbers to pretend that it has been generous to veterans, but the the historical data contained in its own budget for fiscal 2008, tells the true story. The quagmire in Iraq has vastly increased the demands on the Veterans Administration, yet since 2001 federal outlays for veterans' medical care have actually lagged behind national health spending.

The Bush Administartion has treated veterans' medical care the same way it treats everything else: nickel-and- dime the needy, protecting the incompetent and privatizing everything it can.

What makes this a particular shame is that in the Clinton years, veterans' health care - like the Federal Emergency Management Agency - became a shining example of how good leadership can revitalize a troubled government program. By the early years of this decade, the Veterans' Health Administrationwas, by many measures, providing the highest quality health care in America. (It probably still is: Walter Reed is a military facility, not run by the VHA.)" - as written by Paul krugman, syndicated columnist.

He goes on to make many more comparisons between mismanagement of both - Walter Reed and FEMA.

Bottom line: Bush and Cheney lie.....and more heroes die....even off the battlefield. IMPEACH BUSH AND CHENEY NOW!

dirty

EOG Master

It all has to do with how our honorable Veterans have been treated.....when a disabled Veteran has to pay out of his pocket while receiving sub-standard care.... it is all part and parcel of the larger picture of horrible leadership as exemplified by george W bush and Richard cheney who were responsible for the dismantling and outsourcing of management and skilled labor to make way for political appointees with no experience in their chosen field, whether it was FEMA or Walter Reed Hospital.

"The problem starts with money. The administration uses carefully cooked numbers to pretend that it has been generous to veterans, but the the historical data contained in its own budget for fiscal 2008, tells the true story. The quagmire in Iraq has vastly increased the demands on the Veterans Administration, yet since 2001 federal outlays for veterans' medical care have actually lagged behind national health spending.

The Bush Administartion has treated veterans' medical care the same way it treats everything else: nickel-and- dime the needy, protecting the incompetent and privatizing everything it can.

What makes this a particular shame is that in the Clinton years, veterans' health care - like the Federal Emergency Management Agency - became a shining example of how good leadership can revitalize a troubled government program. By the early years of this decade, the Veterans' Health Administrationwas, by many measures, providing the highest quality health care in America. (It probably still is: Walter Reed is a military facility, not run by the VHA.)" - as written by Paul krugman, syndicated columnist.

He goes on to make many more comparisons between mismanagement of both - Walter Reed and FEMA.

Bottom line: Bush and Cheney lie.....and more heroes die....even off the battlefield. IMPEACH BUSH AND CHENEY NOW!

Didn't Congress Have to pass this bill which is Bi Partison... also is the Sub Committee that had to start the bill and get it onto the floor have Democrats on it as well... I am sure it was not all Republicans... Please go look at how who voted on these bills before you sling mud... but that will never happen, the left can't admit a Democrat would ever do anything or Vote for anything that would go wrong... or be wrong :+textinb3:+textinb3

dirty

EOG Master

And Privatizing is not the Problem.. It has been proven over and over again, how Private companies are more efficient than the Government... From One having done Millions of Dollars of Government work when I had my Construction company and My dad still does with his...that is not the Problem... It is the Stipulation that the Government has to take the Lowest bid, not the Most qualified Company.... That is where the Problem Lies....

The Government has no choice in the matter... I have seen people underbid HVAC, Brick, Electical, etc by $500K from other companies and you know they missed something, and you know you are going to get subpar work because they are going to cut corners....but their is nothing you can do about it until the BS starts and you have to replace them, then when you do that it throws the whole Job behind because you have to shut parts down and redo the work... It is a no win situation....

Now in future bids you can reject their bids because they have a history...but not until they Fuck up

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Didn't Congress Have to pass this bill which is Bi Partison... also is the Sub Committee that had to start the bill and get it onto the floor have Democrats on it as well... I am sure it was not all Republicans... Please go look at how who voted on these bills before you sling mud... but that will never happen, the left can't admit a Democrat would ever do anything or Vote for anything that would go wrong... or be wrong :+textinb3:+textinb3
Passing a bill and being the recipient of its passing and how a bill is administered are two, maybe three different things. Just because you and I vote to pass a bill does not mean we are responsible when the thieves and crooks administering it are less than good, ultimately, the administration is held responsible, justifiably or not . And you know that I think both parties are full of crooks and assholes. I only care about saving our heroic troops and protecting and serving them after they are wounded. Fuck all the rest of the bullshit.

dirty

EOG Master

ZZ you are correct..but the layers of Needless Bureaucracy are not All the Bush Administrations doings...this has been building for years and years...since the Carter Administration (At least, prolly longer) and Cleland Screwed up the entire VA system.... It is a evil that needs correcting, but never will be because no one (right or left) in office knows what smaller government and cutting waste means anymore

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

ZZ you are correct..but the layers of Needless Bureaucracy are not All the Bush Administrations doings...this has been building for years and years...since the Carter Administration (At least, prolly longer) and Cleland Screwed up the entire VA system.... It is a evil that needs correcting, but never will be because no one (right or left) in office knows what smaller government and cutting waste means anymore
Well, I think we kind of agree. It seems the VA and FEMA, at the least were headed the right direction until Bush, but I guess.....that's politics. Spring training is here and that means we'll be playing golf here in a couple of months....LOL! Good Luck with your kids and the baseball!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

dirty

EOG Master

Yea...ST is a great time of year... Can't wait...Baseball starts soon here..Like practice starts in a week....can't wait