DRUGS HAVE TAKEN OVER IN GEORGIA

JohnnyDeMarco

EOG Addicted
DIRTY MAY NOT AGREE BUT DRUGS HAVE TAKEN OVER ATL.
GWINETT & FORSYTH COUNTIES 7 METH LAB BUSTS IN LAST 21 DAYS
12 $300,000 PLUS HOUSES IN METRO AREA SETUP AS GROW HOUSES BUSTED.
NOT TO MENTION 200 HEROIN ARRESTS (SALES) IN FULTON COUNTY LAST MONTH. IT IS WAY WAY OUT OF CONTROL.
YOU GOTTA SEE CANDLER ROAD IN DECATUR TO BELIEVE IT. ANY GIVEN NIGHT 500-1000 CRACK HO'S WORKING THE STREET.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: DRUGS HAVE TAKEN OVER IN GEORGIA

It is the Meth Capital of the world...Gainesville is bad too...at the base of the Mountains and they make it up in those areas and ship it down there for dispersing all over the east coast...every major Highway/Interstate goes thru Atlanta

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I thought San Bernadino/Riverside CA was the meth capital of the world.

dirty

EOG Master

GA is the East Coast Hub for the Meth Trade...

I thought you were going to say the proof was the approval of the Bible classes in Georgia schools.

Are the drug laws more lax in Georgia than the surrounding states?Just wondering :+clueless

dirty

EOG Master

No...Just and Ideal spot... Mountains to hide in North of ATL 45 minutes....Lake Lanier and Chattahoochee River is near so they can use Boats, and every Major Highway for across the Country Comes thru ATL for the Most part....Or you can get access to it easily by other Interstate Highways.... Lots of Rural areas as well that are secluded and good Hide outs

Atl is a hub. Basically all the drugs from Mexico and Fla go there, then move up to to New York and every east coast state.

Dirty find out some prices man, always thought about making a big move and get bring some shit to NYC.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Well that explains why this was the #1 selling Christmas gift in the greater Atlanta area:

dirty

EOG Master

Time to shut down your still and start up a meth lab.

No Doubt :cocktail:cocktail:cocktail

Atl is a hub. Basically all the drugs from Mexico and Fla go there, then move up to to New York and every east coast state.

Dirty find out some prices man, always thought about making a big move and get bring some shit to NYC.

Will not be hard to find out.... the shit is every where

Well that explains why this was the #1 selling Christmas gift in the greater Atlanta area:

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

You have to about have a act of congress to get Sudafed and shit here now.... drivers License and can't buy more than 3 boxes... crazy stuff...but still hasn't slowed it down....:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Yes since that Sudafed thing Mexico has taken over with Meth supply. Their meth is stronger.

dirty

EOG Master

You got that right Coco.. Most of the Ingredients to make Ice are coming from the Latino Crowd here now... They bring it from Texas.... Busted a 18 Wheeler of it here in Gainesviile on the interstate last year with about $50 Million street Value of shit to make Ice

Damn Driver didn't even know what he was Hauling...

That what all the driver hauling weed to USA say too :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO WE have a meth problem here as well container of percursor found on ship from china marked soy sauce

LITTLE LAB

INDUSTRIAL SIZE LAB

A ROCKET USED BY SMUGGLERS TO QUICKLY DISCARD THE METH

THIS IS YOUR MOUTH ON METH:doh1

The urgency for sex combined with the inability to achieve release (ejaculation) can result in tearing, chafing, and trauma (such as rawness and friction sores) to the sex organs, the rectum and mouth, dramatically increasing the risk of transmission of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Methamphetamine also causes erectile dysfunction due to vasoconstriction

JUST SAY NO!!!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Lots of that stuff here in Indiana also. Meth is evil to say the least, IMO. I see it and would lay 1000/1 there are a dozen or more manufacturing spots withing 300 yards of my house.

Lots of that stuff here in Indiana also. Meth is evil to say the least, IMO. I see it and would lay 1000/1 there are a dozen or more manufacturing spots withing 300 yards of my house.

The Indiana state police found 1,260 labs in 2003, compared to just 6 in 1995, although this may be a result of increased police activity rather than more manufacturing of the drug

Katie

EOG Master

workshop i went to they said meth is most dangerous drug ever...average lifespan of a regular user is only a few years from time of starting!!

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

That was not a typo Shawn. Them guy/girls on Meth are like the walking dead and it is so sad to see. I was 1st introduced in mid 90's. Knew right away it was not for me (Never tried) and then parted ways with several friends who were getting involved. They turned into thieves and very sick people. Some are dead and some are on the verge. Some did wake up and are doing ok now, also.

dirty

EOG Master

agreed General....Ice and Meth are going to be the downfall of Basic Society if we don't watch it... Once these people get on it, they cant get off of it. People here cook that shit in Light Bulbs and shoot it up.... You should hear them talk about it....

When I owned my Construction Company, it was very hard to find anything other than Mexicans that were not hooked on the stuff.... Once it gets you it is ruff... I had a 10 man crew of whites and Blacks from 99'-03' then they all got hooked on that mess, but one... I had to fire everyone of them....

THE DEVILS DRUG many I knew from high school have ruined there lives over smoking meth

Katie

EOG Master

meth is a scary drug. amazing people can put all that poison in their bodies!!

dirty

EOG Master

Marijuana investigation still unfolding
One December tip grew to 55 grow house busts in 13 counties, including Hall By STEPHEN GURR
The Times
<hr noshade="noshade" size="1" width="100%"> <!-- ########### BEGIN STORY AND PHOTO TABLE ############# --> <table valign="top" align="right" cellpadding="5" width="210"> <tbody><tr> <td> <!-- ########### BEGIN PHOTO COLUMN ############# -->
Tom Reed The Times These pot plants were found growing in the basement of a house on Benefield Road in South Hall last month. The operation is similar to other grow houses found in counties surrounding the Atlanta metro area.

Drug busts by the numbers*:
52,000: Marijuana plants grown indoors seized statewide since last month
63 million: Estimated street value, in dollars, of plants, selling at $6,000 a pound
25.4 million: Estimated value, in dollars, of equipment used to grow plants, including lights and ventilation systems
55: Houses with indoor basement grow labs uncovered by authorities, including two in Hall County, six in Jackson County and 11 in Gwinnett County
35: Arrests made in case
13: Counties involved * As of Thursday
Sources: DEA, Georgia Governor's Drug Task Force, Fayette County Sheriff's Office

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

It all started with a simple phone tip. Back in December, when a DEA agent from Miami called the Fayette County Sheriff's Office, all investigators had to go on was a name and a hunch, Capt. Mike Pruitt said.
The name was Merquides Martinez, a 35-year-old Cuban national who ran a store in Fayetteville specializing in the sale of hydroponic indoor growing equipment.
The hunch, according to Miami drug agents, was that he was a "master grower," specializing in setting up basement grow rooms for the cultivation of high-grade marijuana.
Fayette officers put Martinez under two months of heavy surveillance, watching as he made daily trips to home improvement stores and various houses, before finally making their move in mid-February.
"Originally, we thought we might find three or four locations," Pruitt said. "But every house has led us to another house. It just snowballed into this big thing, and it keeps going."
That "big thing" has grown into the largest indoor marijuana growing investigation in Georgia history, perhaps in the nation. So far 55 houses in 13 counties containing a total of 52,000 plants have been raided, and the hits keep coming.
As recently as Thursday, more searches were being conducted in Walton County, nearly a month after the first house was raided.
In between, two houses in Hall County, six in Jackson County and 11 in Gwinnett County were added to the tally. Each scene is almost identical in its sophistication.
Like a space-age greenhouse, the mylar-coated walls, floors and ceilings reflect the nonstop barrage from dozens of powerful ultraviolet lights moving on an automated track system.
Plastic tubing irrigates each plant and commercial-grade heating and air units provide constant ventilation. The amount of power needed for such a setup is more than most could afford, so it's stolen.
"The power diversion is just enormous," Pruitt said, pointing out that at every house, the growers have tapped into the main electricity line and bypassed the residential meters.
Most of the grow houses are two-story, newer homes in well-manicured subdivisions, ranging in price from $250,000 to $300,000. A typical house of that size would, on average, consume about 1,000 kilowatts in a month, Pruitt said.
The grow houses use 4,000 kilowatts in five days, he said, or about 25 times the normal electrical usage.
"The power companies have probably lost millions of dollars," Pruitt said.
Law enforcement officials say Martinez had a helpful ally in obtaining the houses -- his wife. Prior to her arrest, Blanco Botello was a licensed Realtor with RE/MAX of Fayetteville, and closed on at least 17 of the grow houses, authorities said.
Many of the houses, albeit heavily mortgaged, were purchased legitimately, some as far back as 2005. One house in Hall County's Georgian Acres subdivision sold in January to a Luis R. Rojas-Argote for $268,900.
Hall County Drug Task Force members found 173 marijuana plants growing in the basement. They're still looking for Rojas-Argote.
"Our guys have been working with some of the other jurisdictions in developing some leads," said Lt. Scott Ware, commander of the Hall County Multi-Agency Narcotics Squad.
Most of the 35 people currently in custody are Cuban nationals. Officials say they started grow houses in south Florida and eventually migrated to Georgia. How long they've been in operation is hard to say.
One thing seems certain -- the marijuana wasn't being sold in Georgia. According to law enforcement officials, it was bundled into plastic-wrapped bricks, loaded into trucks and travel trailers and smuggled into a better-paying market: New York City.
Pruitt says this potent variety of marijuana, which might bring $3,800 per pound in Georgia, can easily command $6,000 per pound up north.
"This is the high-dollar stuff," he said.
Paperwork has been vital in the investigation. The paper trail led to the Hall County homes, where one house even contained Martinez' immigration papers, Pruitt said. Power companies have gotten wise to the electricity theft, too, leading to other raids.
In some jurisdictions, the sheer volumes have become overwhelming for law enforcement officials.
"Our specialized narcotics unit is working around the clock and it is taxing our resources," said Corp. Darren Moloney of the Gwinnett County Police Department, which has conducted 11 raids since Feb. 11 and seized more than $10 million in marijuana and contraband.
Moloney added that the drug operation was not taking police off the streets from their normal protective services.
One big problem is what to do with all those plants, which the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's crime lab will not take off the hands of local agencies.
Moloney would not say how the department is storing the plants, but did say they would be destroyed by burning after the case is concluded in court.
That will be a federal court, after the decision Wednesday to allow the U.S. Attorney's office to prosecute the cases.
Since that decision, the federal Drug Enforcement Administration has referred all questions to the U.S. Attorney's office, which has declined to comment.
When the grow houses began falling like dominos, Pruitt and the other Fayette County drug investigators who broke the case felt there might be as many as 60 in Georgia.
"Now, I'm thinking 100," Pruitt said. "I keep thinking it's going to stop at some point.
"Every day, something leads us in a different direction. We're still in the go mode right now."

Originally published Sunday, March 11, 2007

They should leave the pot-heads alone and concentrate on meth. Ever hear of someone knocking off a convenience store for a joint? me neither

dirty

EOG Master

That was just a article about busts recently here...that does not hold a candle to what Meth they have busted in the last year here... Unreal...