DID YOU SEE THE CHEAP SHOT SIMON OF THE ISLES THREW???

Re: DID YOU SEE THE CHEAP SHOT SIMON OF THE ISLES THREW???

Good. Players like Simon have little redeeming value to the league, lets hope he gets the book thrown at him. At least the Blue Shirts got justice, scoring the winner on the power play from that.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I BELIEVE HE WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR......
Barry Melrose said he should be, and maybe some of the playoffs if they make it. That was pretty dirty.

thetuna2121

EOG Enthusiast

This is just as bad, if not worse then the Bertuzzi incident from years ago...yes the player was not as hurt as bad as Moore, but it was clear Simon intended to hurt Holwig, where as bertuzzi just wanted to scrap...Since he wasnt hurt, it will be interesteing to see what they give him...I say 15-20 games

Salo

EOG Dedicated

That was way worse than the Bertuzzi hit, which was ironically three years ago tonight.

He'll get 10 games or more, this dick did the same thing in junior.

Bertuzzi was a rare case ,a skilled player who took a cheap shot never was the same player since:+clueless

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

crazy shit

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOdGMaaV-8A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOdGMaaV-8A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Didn't look that bad to me.

didn't look that bad?
how can they call basketball players thugs compared to this.

it's no wonder almost nobody cares about hockey when this is the kind of garbage going on. it is a relatively exciting sport to watch, but either you want to watch a fight or a sport. not a combination.

notice how the other players all just wanted to fight rather than help their fallen teammate? that says it all right there.
and yes, of course some people like hockey but out of 4000 people on eog i think it would be hard to find 10 that could name the last 5 nhl champs without looking it up.

didn't look that bad?
how can they call basketball players thugs compared to this.

it's no wonder almost nobody cares about hockey when this is the kind of garbage going on. it is a relatively exciting sport to watch, but either you want to watch a fight or a sport. not a combination.

notice how the other players all just wanted to fight rather than help their fallen teammate? that says it all right there.
and yes, of course some people like hockey but out of 4000 people on eog i think it would be hard to find 10 that could name the last 5 nhl champs without looking it up.

Are we watching the same You Tube clip? The trainer goes out to help the fallen player. The Rangers act like a bees nest that has just been swatted by a baseball bat and go after the guilty party. Yes, they meet some Islander resistance which means pushing and shoving with players other than goon Simon.

Hockey fighting....for the most part you know what you're going to get, it's confined to an area and in 80-90% of the fights, they are just one on one battles and there is a code when individuals stop fighting. What's scary about baseball and basketball fights is they are bench clearing brawls many times. The same EOG posters who are trying to name the last 5 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS (hockey's trophy has a name) will also have a hard time naming the last 5 bench clearing brawls in the NHL. Basketball fights are total mayhem....they look like a Don King press conference gone bad. They are known for cheap shots within the fight instead of one on one battles. TIVO back a typical basketball fight and see how many chickens punch, run hide and hop around looking like John Belushi in Animal House.

The hockey forum here at EOG and many boards is empty because it is a difficult sport to handicap, probably the most difficult of the 4 major sports. Take the March Madness brackets and the sports betting away from sports and basketball falls a distant third in popularity, just ahead of hockey.

Without the gambling aspect, basketball is just an 11:30pm after your local news tape delay away, just like it was back in the 80's on CBS.

Trust me, hoop players have a thug streak in them just like Simon. Ask anyone who watched the Duke @ UNC game (except Billy Packer) or a guy like Rudy Tomjanovich.

most canadian sports fans could easily name the last 5 Stanley cup winners:+excited-

Amazing. Take a stick, have someone take a hard swing at you connecting to the chin. See how bad you think it is.

Hockey is full of "taking a number" and you go and find a way to hit the guy legally later. You don't take a swing at the guy with your stick like that. Simon has never been a clean player, that will go into consideration when he gets his suspension. I think the season is the least of his worries, probably a playoff suspension as well.

dirty

EOG Master

He thought he was Jason Voorhes for a sec there...Damn...No excuse for that shit... he needs to be kicked out of the league...

"Take the March Madness brackets and the sports betting away from sports and basketball falls a distant third in popularity, just ahead of hockey."

that is completely ridiculous. ratings for the nhl finals last year in the u.s. were 2.3! that's comparable to a regular season nba game and 1/5th of what the nba finals gets. so how is that "just ahead"?

if only 2% of the population is going to watch your championship when it's on network tv you've got problems calling yourself a major sport.

Are you out of your mind?

Did you not watch the slo mo replay at the end?

He hits him in the throat like that and he might have killed him.

He took the hockey stick and swung it right at his face. How can it look any other way than bad?