NY Reb's Friday 10*

In case you missed yesterday's wrap-up, I'm losing my enthusiasm for keeping a record of all plays. Last I checked I was up over 200 units for the season, which is the best I have ever done and as much as anyone could reasonably ask for. I've had an unbelievable season in basketball, and anyone who has followed me to any extent has won money.

I will, however, continue to keep my 10* record.

10* plays: 24-11

Late game tonight:

10* Ole Miss +3
Ole Miss has been my bell-cow all season, as the computer never did quite catch up with them. Whoever thought, at the beginning of the season when they were picked to finish last in the SEC, that they would be getting a first-night bye in the SEC tournament? Tonight they will play one of last year's Final 4 team as a 3-poing dog and I love it. Andy Kennedy has done a terrific job with this team, with the players discovering innate talents they had never uncovered with the slow-moving Rod Barnes as coach. The Rebels will be starting 3 experienced and talented senior guards and 2 muscular juniors in the post. This should be a really good game.

If it seems unreasonable that the Rebs could win this one, check out the Miss St-Kentucky game and see how reasonably that one is going.

Go Rebs!

mariah

EOG Dedicated
Re: NY Reb's Friday 10*

GL on ur action Reb, very nice season you have had! Congrads and may the winners keep coming your way.:cheers

GL Reb, hope you didn't take offense.:cheers

For what?

It's just as bad to take offense as to give offense. Too petty for me to get involved in either way.

Besides I take nothing personally, especially praise and blame.

Have a good day. Hey, I think it's finally going to warm up a bit in our area.

munson15

I want winners...

I can't wait to get the golf clubs out. Almost 40 degrees today w/ warmer temps coming soon.:houra

Man, that was a great game between Kentucky and Miss St. I didn't bet that game because I felt it was too close to call. Obviously any game that goes into overtime could go either way. Sure was a great game to watch though.

Miss St comes up with the strangest blend of talent, and they are surprisingly good. I follow recruiting pretty closely, yet I find myself wondering 'where do those guys come from?' The Dawgs have had a great year no matter what happens from here, as that win over Kentucky was big.

YEa cool that Rhode's and Slater both fouled out for St and they still won. can't believe how they even got that to OT, Morris shoulda iced and KY the 4 point win in regulation...Awesome Stuff, if i could find the picture with the squirrel peeing it would be pasted all over Kentucky right now

Hey guys, this is a bit out of the ordinary, but I am placing a 5* play on a college baseball today that is available at Olympic and others. Game starts at 7:30 pm EST.

College baseball:

5* Ole Miss +105
Gotta love getting the Rebs as a dog in their own park against UCLA who's been touring through the South. The Rebels have hosted Super Regionals the last two years and they are very familiar with playing big games at home. This is a big series for them. Southerners have more regional pride than most places, and they'll want to be at the top of their game against a ranked team from Los Angeles. Rebs potentially have their best team ever this year, and today they are throwing their ace Will Kline, who chose to come back this year when he could have been a high draft pick. Kline has nasty stuff and the Bruins will be challenged to win in this spot. It's a mystery why the Rebs are the dog, but I'll take it.

If anyone wants to get in on that baseball bet, I will be happy to give an updated score here when the game starts, as I will be watching it on Internet.

With all respect to a very good UCLA team, they have never experienced a home atmosphere outside of regional play like they will experience in Oxford tonight, and this includes the series they just played at Miami.

Like I said, let me know. I won't be updating a score if no one is interested. Game starts in about 2 hours.

This game can also be heard over the Internet, but I imagine most folks will be following the various basketball tournaments on TV, and probably think I am crazy for suggesting an early season college baseball game.

I imagine most folks will be following the various basketball tournaments on TV, and probably think I am crazy for suggesting an early season college baseball game.

There are bball tourney's on tonight? hadn't even noticed...:LMAO

BigIgg

EOG Enthusiast

Reb,
Do you bet any MLB action?
If so, how has your history been?

By the way, thanks for your picks this year. You've kept me in the black all b-ball season.

munson15

I want winners...

Reb, thanks for the thoughtful response in the other thread. I appreciate that, and I hope you'll post again next season and I can get in on the ground floor. Jumping on the ride when it's half over is not the way to go, I learned that at least. GL:cheersIf you are down my way this summer, I'd love to host you for a round of golf.

If anyone didn't see Munson's thread 'Sorry NY Reb', you might find it interesting. Some interesting points are raised.

Baseball Rebs up 3-0 at the end of 2nd.

Top of the Rebs' batting lineup are the Henry brothers, Justin and Jordon, who went to the same high school in Vicksburg that I did.

Baseball Rebels lead 7-0 at the end of 4.

Guys, this one isn't over yet, yet it was about as easy-pickings as it gets. Why they made the traveling Bruins the fave is beyond me. This game in particular should have been Ole Miss about a -200 favorite. I have no idea why this was among the small number of college baseball games available to bet on, or especially why UCLA was the favorite, but I'll take money this easy any day. The Bruins won't come back against the Rebel pitching staff.

Will be interesting to see if tomorrow's game is available, and what the line will be. I bet the Bruins won't be favored in Oxford again.

Ole Miss wins baseball game 8-0. Believe me when I say I wouldn't recommend a college baseball game unless it was pretty much a sure thing, as it was tonight. That's about the most I've ever seen a line off in any game in any sport. Even so, 5* is my top play in baseball on any level.

Vanderbilt covers 7* play by 1, which is as good as a million.

Ole Miss is way ahead in our 10* play of the night.

Looks like 2-0 and plus 17 units in basketball, plus the baseball win for another 5 units.

A nice Friday night, any way you slice it.

UofM2003

EOG Addicted

Very nice, Reb. Couldn't get the vandy play in time, but was all over the ole miss play. Thanks

I thought Ole Miss was too good to be true....Damnit, wish i tagged along! Nice win

How can a 10* play be too good to be true? Just because it seems improbable? The seeming improbability of a certain play is usually all the more reason to bet on it.

10* play on Ole Miss +3 wins easily 80-60.

10* record: 25-11

See you tomorrow.

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted

Had nothing to do with being a 10*, rather more how I viewed the game before i even seen you on it..Oh well, tomorrows another day, have to stay +

BigB2

EOG Member

Thanks NYReb. Went with you and Mic tonight and did very well. After last nights SDST loser I needed it!!!!

goldie

EOG Enthusiast

Great call on the Rebels, Reb. If you had anything larger than a 10 unit play in hoops, this would have been the time for it. Not only is the cash nice, but it's sweet to have a laugher once in a while.