Tubby Smith Kentucky University

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Did I hear that he is not performing up to par for the Wildcats these days and really needs a good run here in the tourney? Is his job in jeopardy if things do not get better for Ky soon?

AND, do you like Kentucky today vs Villanova?

Thanks and I guess we take all favs again today? :+clueless

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: Tubby Smith Kentucky University

Kentucky loses today, but NO i dont think his job is in jeapordy.....they have still made the tourney every year, just havent had a long run to the final four in 4-5 years..... but not like they have bottomed out....

Im pretty sure he's back for another year..

It is amazing at how many people here in Kentucky run their mouth about Tubby and after last night win all I am hearing on local news interviews and on the workplace about how Tubby is the man.
What has happened is a rumour got started because Barnhart wanted o light a fire under Tubby as he did Rich Brooks last year and it led him to the Music City Bowl. He wanted to motivate Tubby by a pres release he made that was in fact sounding as if he was going to get rid of Tubby if BBall program did not blah blah blah. Well after the rumour gets started all over the bluegrass now he releases another press release saying he meant nothing of the sort.
Who knows but it all was a mission to get Tubby to fear for his job and motivate his program. I can not see them getting past Kansas but in a way I hope they go to at least final four just for the a--holes that are two faced about Tubby. LOL

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Off topic:

Lexington is beautiful country referred to as God's country by my grandfather when I was growing up and then when I traveled thru there in my late teens into my 20's, I knew what he meant. It is very pretty.

I am afraid so...here are the headlines I hope everyone that hated on him are happy :+clueless

Kentucky's Tubby Smith will be the University of Minnesota's new basketball coach, a Minnesota school official said Thursday.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because Minnesota had not yet announced the hire. The Gophers fired coach Dan Monson in November.
<SCRIPT language=Javascript type=text/javascript>if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('<table style=\"float : right;\" border=\"0\"><tbody><tr><td align=\"center\" valign=\"bottom\">');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write('<scr'+'ipt language="Javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://cas.clickability.com/cas/cas.js?r='+Math.random()+'&p=97&c=6500&m=3166&d=113266&pre=%3Ctable+style%3D%22float+%3A+right%3B%22+border%3D%220%22%3E%3Ctbody%3E%3Ctr%3E%3Ctd+align%3D%22center%22+valign%3D%22bottom%22%3E&post=%3C%2Ftd%3E%3C%2Ftr%3E%3C%2Ftbody%3E%3C%2Ftable%3E"></scr'+'ipt>'); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('</td></tr></tbody></table>');</SCRIPT>Smith met with the Kentucky players earlier Thursday, said basketball spokesman Scott Stricklin.
Stricklin said he didn't know what Smith told the players and had no further comment.
The news was first reported by ESPN.com and SI.com.
The Wildcats went 22-12 this season and made it to the NCAA tournament, but lost the first weekend. Kentucky hasn't been to the Final Four since 1998, and the program has lost 10 or more games in a season five times under Smith - more than any other coach.
Smith will take over a Minnesota program that struggled for years under Monson, who was hired to rehabilitate the Gophers program after an academic scandal under former coach Clem Haskins. Monson cleaned up the program, but the Gophers didn't win.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

OutlawTitan

EOG Member

I was talking with a cousin over the weekend that is through and through Big Blue and still has a home in Lexington area despite being a lobbyist in DC. She is well connected politically in Kentucky and told me that it was just a matter of time until Tubby was gone ....... she indicated that the Tubby haters were racists and would not relent until he was gone. Of course it is all heresay but sure didn't take long. IMHO they will not find a better coach or a better man........serves 'em right.