Did Green Walk???

tool21

EOG Dedicated
Re: Did Green Walk???

Yea he did, they showed it right after and explained it. He def. walked.

Ref were looking for fouls not walks at that point in the game. NC will take care of GT on Sunday.

JeffR

EOG Senior Member

I think the traveling rule is universally misunderstood. You can pick up your pivot foot, you just can't put it back down again before releasing the ball. Think about it: Any time someone who has already stopped their dribble goes up for a jumper, they are "picking up their pivot foot," but obviously it is not traveling. It is only when someone makes an unorthodox move such as Green did, that people think it's traveling. Green has the right to pick that foot up, as long as he doesn't put it back down on the floor before shooting. Seth Davis got it wrong, just like he completely missed the reason for the 1.1 second runoff in the Memphis/A&M game.

I think the traveling rule is universally misunderstood. You can pick up your pivot foot, you just can't put it back down again before releasing the ball. Think about it: Any time someone who has already stopped their dribble goes up for a jumper, they are "picking up their pivot foot," but obviously it is not traveling. It is only when someone makes an unorthodox move such as Green did, that people think it's traveling. Green has the right to pick that foot up, as long as he doesn't put it back down on the floor before shooting. Seth Davis got it wrong, just like he completely missed the reason for the 1.1 second runoff in the Memphis/A&M game.

Sorry Jeff but that was by defintion a travel...

can't argue with indisputable video evidence...

The $heriff

EOG Member

That was without a doubt a walk. It is unfortunate the refs should have caught that but we all make mistakes I guess...

I love Green's quote too... "
No," Green said when asked about a possible traveling violation. "There were a lot of guys in there. I probably got pushed. They didn't call it. The play was good, and that's all I can say."