What Bush should do

BSims

EOG Addicted
In my ongoing dissatisfaction with our federal government, I always seem to have congress as the center of evil. (By the way, this dissatisfaction is bi-partisan, and includes this and previous administrations.)

Considering Bush's current state; very unpopular, will never run for anything again, and couldn't possibly get anything productive done with congress in his final two years. So here is something he should do that would be a great benefit to the vast majority of the citizens of this country.

Bush like previous presidents has asked for a line item veto. Obviously, that will never happen. So here's the plan.

Bush should announce to congress that any bill sent to him should be simple and straight-forward. And it should only deal with the topic at hand. Thus, a port security bill should not have any internet gambling crap tacked on. A military funding bill should not also deal with peanut storage and spinach growers. If you want a bridge to nowhere, introduce it in its own bill.

Further any bill sent to him that includes any miscellaneous pork will be vetoed. So congress would then have to clean up its act, or have every bill vetoed. If that happens then they face the issue of having to go on record and override every veto, which they might do.

That would be an interesting exercise and I'd love to see it. I think Doc and dirty and their assorted friends might actually agree on this one.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: What Bush should do

In my ongoing dissatisfaction with our federal government, I always seem to have congress as the center of evil. (By the way, this dissatisfaction is bi-partisan, and includes this and previous administrations.)

Considering Bush's current state; very unpopular, will never run for anything again, and couldn't possibly get anything productive done with congress in his final two years. So here is something he should do that would be a great benefit to the vast majority of the citizens of this country.

Bush like previous presidents has asked for a line item veto. Obviously, that will never happen. So here's the plan.

Bush should announce to congress that any bill sent to him should be simple and straight-forward. And it should only deal with the topic at hand. Thus, a port security bill should not have any internet gambling crap tacked on. A military funding bill should not also deal with peanut storage and spinach growers. If you want a bridge to nowhere, introduce it in its own bill.

Further any bill sent to him that includes any miscellaneous pork will be vetoed. So congress would then have to clean up its act, or have every bill vetoed. If that happens then they face the issue of having to go on record and override every veto, which they might do.

That would be an interesting exercise and I'd love to see it. I think Doc and dirty and their assorted friends might actually agree on this one.
A great idea but would never happen.....he would have to veto EVERY bill that came across his desk.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I think Bush should amp up the intake from 2 to 4 bottles of Jack daily and
become a talk show host live from the Oval Office with daily call ins

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Would that get him up to your level, Doc?

<TABLE class=tborder id=post668739 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 03-29-07, 11:38 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #3 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>doc mercer<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_668739", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_668739 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: What Bush should do
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>I think Bush should amp up the intake from 2 to 4 bottles of Jack daily
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Bunker:

do the entire forum a favor ... dont mix those meds with scotch

Please ... its bad enough when ya show up here after a big fight with
with either Nicolas or Slacker .... let alone when ya show up all
liquored up

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

:houra

Sorry, Doc, but I drink Crown Royal. But you still didn't answer the question which is basically pretty normal for you.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Sims:

talking realism with Bush is a fantasy ... he is out of touch and one desperate
man right now

BSims

EOG Addicted

I agree that almost all politicians lose touch with reality after a few years in Washington. I'd like all of then be required to put a slight disguise on, get in their car, and spend a month each year driving around the whole country alone.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I agree that almost all politicians lose touch with reality after a few years in Washington. I'd like all of then be required to put a slight disguise on, get in their car, and spend a month each year driving around the whole country alone.
Now that's a wonderful idea! And no meals or cocktails that cost more than $10 bucks!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

P.S. And what Doc said!

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I"d like to give Doc credit for finally posting something that I agree with:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post670090 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 03-30-07, 10:12 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #10 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>doc mercer<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_670090", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_670090 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: What Bush should do
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Get rid of ALL Lobbyists if you are serious about starting to clean things up
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

But I don't see it happening. Once they get elected they ALL forget about reform and start enjoying all of the perks.

BSims

EOG Addicted

Everyone agrees lobbyist are a major problem. I'd like to see elected officials be required to have an online diary, listing everything they do and everyone they meet with (including phone calls). Unfortunately, quite a few lobbyist are related to elected officials and these meetings would be listed as family dinners..