WTO's Decision and Internet Horse Wagering; Possible Result?

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Does anyone here think there is some chance that the US will pass a law which outlaws internet horse race wageing in the 30 plus states which now allow it?

This is as far as I can tell how Antigua won the case in the WTO and the only way to be in total compliance with the decision.

I know we all say at least how big the horse racing industry is and that they have laws on their side. But I wonder which direction this will take.

JC

EOG Veteran
Re: WTO's Decision and Internet Horse Wagering; Possible Result?

First of all, it is unlikely that that will happen.

Second, the US would have to outlaw ALL remote wagering, not just horse racing. That would include remote lottery sales, telephone and internet sportsbetting withing Nevada, and any other remote wagering whether it is restricted to intra-state or not.

The latest report clarifies that it is not just about horse racing.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Good points JC.
Also, I had forgotten about Nevada's IN-state call in wagering on sports.

I did not know you could buy lottery tickets on the internet. But not surprised.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

And those options would take a constitutional admendment.

Sean

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

With all due respect, WTF are you talking about?

LOL, thats my usual response to his posts as well.

The horse racing lobby is too strong to ever let anything happen to horse wagering. Thats why it wasnt included in the October bill.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

LOL, thats my usual response to his posts as well.

The horse racing lobby is too strong to ever let anything happen to horse wagering. Thats why it wasnt included in the October bill.

They are strong no doubt--but I seriously doubt stronger than the WTO or China.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

This will all eventually end --with the US taking care of it the way they best know how-- PAY OFF ANTIGUA. (Hope I'm wrong)
I just hope the major tv networks let the American people know and not brush it aside.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

They are strong no doubt--but I seriously doubt stronger than the WTO or China.

You missed my point Whos. The horse racing lobby is too strong in the US for a ban on horse wagering over the internet to happen. Thats why it wasnt originally included.

US does and will continue to give a RATS ASS about this ruling. The sooner you guys head that, the easier it will get.

I mean I am reading well if CHINA, well thats a big IF.....The US just doesnt give a shit