Speaking as a FAN, What Baseball Team Do You Root For?

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
whichever team I have money on isn't an answer, lol...I am sure most of us have a favorite team, and a reason why we root for them...

I am a tremendous Marlins fan, and a Mets fan second.I grew up a Mets fan my whole life living in Jersey. Moved to Miami when I was 10, and still rooted for the Mets, until 1993 when the Marlins were built....

I still have a warm spot for the Mets and always will, but I am a faithful Marlins fan, and feel lucky to have been rewarded with 2 championships in such little time...

So who do you guys root for and why?

Re: Speaking as a FAN, What Baseball Team Do You Root For?

In celebration of opening day, which coincides with the springtime rejuvenation of life and all that is good in this world, I have set forth my loyalties in my new avatar. . . .Play Ball!!

Last edited:

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

I imagine Cub fans and Red Sox fans must hate the Marlins...you guys have been around forever, and are so damn loyal, yet have bad luck with championships..meanwhile the marlins can't draw anyone, and have 2 rings already

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

Not the biggest fan of the Marlins:finger004

biggamer3

EOG Master

whichever team I have money on isn't an answer, lol...I am sure most of us have a favorite team, and a reason why we root for them...

I am a tremendous Marlins fan, and a Mets fan second.I grew up a Mets fan my whole life living in Jersey. Moved to Miami when I was 10, and still rooted for the Mets, until 1993 when the Marlins were built....

I still have a warm spot for the Mets and always will, but I am a faithful Marlins fan, and feel lucky to have been rewarded with 2 championships in such little time...

So who do you guys root for and why?

LAwrence, no way you still can have a warm spot for the Mets, i mean i am a Yankees fan, there is no way in hell i can ever have a warm spot for a team in my division!
i mean the Marlins play the mets 20 times a year, they are the ENEMY!:+whipping

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

I hear you, but I grew up with the Mets as my team...Doc gooden, hojo, keith hernandez..etc...but when they play the Fish, it's all home team

Detroit Tigers, raised an hour outside of Detroit

roach23

Banned

The Phillies. Grew up in South Jersey, about 15 min from Philly.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Oakland A's. When I first started watching baseball they were winning it all in 72 73 74.

Well I like the Braves but since I feel like I should I root for the Rays, cause that's my home team, even though I know there isn't a chance.:LMAO

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

The only think I root for regarding baseball is for it to be over with again.....

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

LAwrence, no way you still can have a warm spot for the Mets, i mean i am a Yankees fan, there is no way in hell i can ever have a warm spot for a team in my division!
i mean the Marlins play the mets 20 times a year, they are the ENEMY!:+whipping
I deal with the same issue as LAwrence, grew up a Giants fan. The Giants AAA affiliate was the Phoenix Giants, which then changed to the Phx. Firebirds.

My folks always had season seats to the Phx Giants/ Firebirds. I watched all the prospects come up through the system. As well as reassigned players. then watched the big league players during spring camp games.

Now I root for the Dbacks.

But, still root for the division rival Giants occasionally. I can't help it. It's like seeing an old GF, and remembering how good the sex used to be. You still have feelings for her, but know why your not together anymore.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

have been a Dodgers' fan all my life but since that asshole mother fucker bought them a few years ago i went to 1 game - to try and get a bat from Mike Lamb something i did not get) and rarely watch or follow them anymore

one of my best friends works for the LA Angels of Topeka, Kansas so i root for them since i wanna see him get a ring and see the team do well and because i can go to a home game anytime i want

dirty

EOG Master

Braves... I live just outside ATL and they are the best thing Since sliced Bread

Mariners most convienent team for us to see live and lived in this area all my life so they are basically my home team:smokesmal

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

i live in NY so i like the NY METS!!

they are going to the playoff this year again and this time they are going all the way!

plus Martinez coming after all star break wont be as tired!! plus he will get

his game just in time for september and the playoffs! so watch out!

with Glavine, Hernandez, martinez, Oliver Perez, Maine!

this mets pitching and line up is unstopable!

I root for the Yankees. Having grown up in northern NJ, they are my team for life. Even though I live in Boston now and put up with a lot of crap because of it, I stay rooting hard for the Yankees.