Is the possibility of Over Time factored into sports books released game totals?

BSims

EOG Addicted
Re: Is the possibility of Over Time factored into sports books released game totals?

I doubt it. I don't know how you could take this into account. A small percentage of games lasting around 10% longer than most.

Re: Is the possibility of Over Time factored into sports books released game totals?

Yes

esp. in NHL

yes,because they have props on most games if they go into overtime or not.therefore they must be looking at that angle when they put total numbers up they probably adjust the chalk to a higher number not the total number

I feel it is. Once season, I studied a lot on basketball totals. If you average the scoring of games together using what the score was at the end of regulation and not counting overtime, the averages came out much lower. It would make you want to bet the under in every game.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

On the same topic, do you think fouling at the end of games is taken into consideration? If I bet an over and at halftime it is exactly halfway there, I am feeling great considering I know there will probably be some intentional fouling at the end..

On the same topic, do you think fouling at the end of games is taken into consideration? If I bet an over and at halftime it is exactly halfway there, I am feeling great considering I know there will probably be some intentional fouling at the end..

I feel it's taken into account with second half lines but not lines for the whole game. This is why first half total lines tend to be a few points lower than half of the total for the game itself.