Butler coach leaves to head Iowa program

Culver

EOG Veteran
Re: Butler coach leaves to head Iowa program

Indianapolis has had about the best high school talent around the last few years. Lickliter will try to get the Indiana talent that Alford could not. (Lickliter attended Purdue, by the way.)

dirty

EOG Master

Being able to Recruit Locally is the Key at most places...if you get beat in your own backyard you can't win

mofome

Banned

Indianapolis has had about the best high school talent around the last few years. Lickliter will try to get the Indiana talent that Alford could not. (Lickliter attended Purdue, by the way.)

i thought he went to butler.

:+clueless

Culver

EOG Veteran

My mistake, Lickliter did graduate from Butler. He didn't start there, but transferred to Butler and graduated from there. He is from Indianapolis and went to North Central high school which has turned out many big-time players, including current senior Eric Gordon.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast

Why would a good kid from Indianapolis go to Iowa??

I would think Kelvin Sampson would close those doors pretty quickly.

mofome

Banned

Why would a good kid from Indianapolis go to Iowa??

I would think Kelvin Sampson would close those doors pretty quickly.

what happens when recruiting infractions surface and he has to leave indi?

:+clueless

mofome

Banned

Funny no one makes comments like that about Roy Williams.

kansas was placed on probation for activity that took place prior to his taking over the head position. ralphs situation was slightly different. not only that, but one is history of 20 years and the other is slightly more recent.

Culver

EOG Veteran

kansas was placed on probation for activity that took place prior to his taking over the head position. ralphs situation was slightly different. not only that, but one is history of 20 years and the other is slightly more recent.

How is Ralph? You're right, phone calls are a lot worse than payoffs. I think your facts might be a little fuzzy.

mofome

Banned

How is Ralph? You're right, phone calls are a lot worse than payoffs. I think your facts might be a little fuzzy.

facts are facts, not fuzzy. now, was ralph the head coach when these violations took place or not? was williams the head coach at kansas when those violations took place or not?

:)

Culver

EOG Veteran

Still hoping you can tell me how Ralph is.

Kansas NCAA Violations

In July, 2005, KU released a report stating that they had violated an NCAA extra benefit rule during Williams' tenure.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-13>[14]</SUP> The violations involved Williams' approval of alumni graduation gifts being given to Kansas basketball players after their eligibility was exhausted. <SUP class=reference id=_ref-14>[15]</SUP> In at least one case <SUP class=reference id=_ref-15>[16]</SUP> the gift was cash included with a congratulatory greeting card.
Williams responded to the charges by issuing a statement admitting he made a mistake in telling a donor he could mail small graduation gifts to players leaving the program. "I personally felt this was not a problem and evidently a communication problem led me to believe this was okay with our compliance department. Therefore, I told the alum a small 'gift' would be okay. I also stated the 'gift' shouldn't be extravagant and there should be no campaign for this--just a personal graduation 'gift'

mofome

Banned

Still hoping you can tell me how Ralph is.

Kansas NCAA Violations

In July, 2005, KU released a report stating that they had violated an NCAA extra benefit rule during Williams' tenure.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-13>[14]</SUP> The violations involved Williams' approval of alumni graduation gifts being given to Kansas basketball players after their eligibility was exhausted. <SUP class=reference id=_ref-14>[15]</SUP> In at least one case <SUP class=reference id=_ref-15>[16]</SUP> the gift was cash included with a congratulatory greeting card.
Williams responded to the charges by issuing a statement admitting he made a mistake in telling a donor he could mail small graduation gifts to players leaving the program. "I personally felt this was not a problem and evidently a communication problem led me to believe this was okay with our compliance department. Therefore, I told the alum a small 'gift' would be okay. I also stated the 'gift' shouldn't be extravagant and there should be no campaign for this--just a personal graduation 'gift'

ah, not even the same violations i was referencing. this is beyond small to anyone who doesnt simply want to create an arguement. you're talking about violations with kids who have left as opposed to kids you are trying to convince to come. so should someone joke about boosters giving gifts to kids that have left, then we will cite roy, fair enough? should we make a joke about recruiting infractions, ralphie is our man. not ralph nader, mind you, ralph sampson. personally, i dont mind ralph and ive praised he and the indiana program many times. i just think its foolish that he can leave the program behind and start with a clean slate, while OU gets punished.