NBA Draft

mofome

Banned
Re: NBA Draft

I read it wrong. My apologies. I thought you were saying that Durant was a better prospect because he won the NCAA player of the year. You were actually just saying that you had predicted he would be player of the year therefore verifying that you know more about everything than other people (as if this has a correlation).

A lot of work for no reason? it took 20 seconds. Cut and paste. And I found it interesting in the meantime. Maybe that research would take yourself a long time to do, but I doubt it (especially considering that you are practically omiscient and predicted Durant to be the NCAA player of the year).

How many freshman have won the award? Do you mean in basketball or volleyball?

Weren't you the guy that said that Kwame Brown was the second coming of Bill Russell? Go research that.

-i dont need to do research, i could give you your lists sitting on the beach without the net anywhere near. im glad you put your copy and paste skills to work. nothing like showing off your best skills as often as possible, ya know? :)

-i mean in basketball. you tell me how many true freshman have won the AP POY award. what, you dont know? :) oddly, im not surprised.

-no need to research that, at no time did i state that kwame was any good, in fact, last season i said that Butler (the player the wiz got for kwame) would be an AS in 2007. correct again? weird. well, not that weird. :)

:+waving-5

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

you are the one who said ewing was "decent", if you worded your post different, i would of worded my rebuttle different. and last time i checked karl malone was not a big man. LOL

i do agree with you about the guy who said the bulls had good centers though. But you still have not answered my question. Other than those bulls teams, how many teams in the last 30 years won without legit centers?

mofome

Banned

you are the one who said ewing was "decent", if you worded your post different, i would of worded my rebuttle different. and last time i checked karl malone was not a big man. LOL

i do agree with you about the guy who said the bulls had good centers though. But you still have not answered my question. Other than those bulls teams, how many teams in the last 30 years won without legit centers?

1) decent? you couldnt pick up on the slight sarcasm? sharp.
2) karl malone not one of the best big men of all time? who knew?
3) how many teams won without a complete team?
4) det 2004, bulls 1996, 1997, 1998, 1993, 1992, 1992, pistons 1990, 1989.

there are 9 champs in the last 18 years (thats half, btw) by teams without a 'legit center'. this is my world, play your part.

:)

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

LOL is pretty much all i can say, but i will reply. I said BESIDES those bulls teams. James edwards was a legit center on detroit, he was by no means the focal point of the team or a dominant force in the league, but he was certainly no slouch either. I think ewing is a great center, he is the only one who comes to mind of great centers who didnt win one in the last 30 years. And karl malone is still not a center LOL :smokesmal

so what other teams have won without a legit center? do some research and take your time before you reply.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I think Oden will be a superstar. I think Durant will be a superstar. I think the #1 player depends on which team holds the #1 selection.

I think the argument that KD was NCAA "Player of the Year", therefore he will be a better NBA player is a poor one. Here are the list of previous NCAA "Players of the Year"

2006 JJ Reddick
2005 Andrew Bogut
2004 Jameer Nelson
2003 TJ Ford
2002 Jason Williams
2001 Shane Battier
2000 Kenyon Martin

etc..........

It seems as if the correlation between "NCAA Player of the Year" and NBA superstar is not strong.
Add Durant to the list of "player of the year in college, and amounts to jack shit in the NBA".

mofome

Banned

LOL is pretty much all i can say, but i will reply. I said BESIDES those bulls teams. James edwards was a legit center on detroit, he was by no means the focal point of the team or a dominant force in the league, but he was certainly no slouch either. I think ewing is a great center, he is the only one who comes to mind of great centers who didnt win one in the last 30 years. And karl malone is still not a center LOL :smokesmal

so what other teams have won without a legit center? do some research and take your time before you reply.

take my time? please, it takes me 1.1 seconds to reply. incase you didnt realize, you are not the only one im speaking with. btw, get yourself an education. did anyone say malone was a center? :nono you said big man. karl malone, by most peoples standards, is one of the best 'big men' of all time. :)
all i can do is reply to whats been said. its not my fault if you made a mistake. :nono
you did say 'besides', but that makes your argument seem fairly silly, does it not? who did this aside from the ones that dont work for my arguement.
:+excited-
pretty silly way to debate a topic. originally it was not 'besides' the bulls teams. i wonder what caveat we will have next.

james edawards was what? why dont you tell me what numbers he put up that season. how about this, tell me how many all-star games he played in. he played for what, 19 years? surely this legit center made ONE all star game...right?
:)

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I don't even know if i actually believe half the shit i post. i think i just like to disagree. create conflict....

:cocktail :cocktail :cocktail

mofome

Banned

I don't even know if i actually believe half the shit i post. i think i just like to disagree. create conflict....

:cocktail :cocktail :cocktail

no doubt.

thats always good times, ive done that once or twice myself. but sometimes you have to give more bait than that. we call it, 'fishing'.

always fun.

marlboro and dray - don't even bother fellas....this clown is just a child....a mentally ill child....

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Center
Power Forward
Small Forward
Shooting Guard
Pt

Not sure what position would be considered BIG MAN, now I'm confused....Was Charles Barkley a big man, he was called the round mound of rebound.....And yes he WAS AND ALWAYS will be better a better forward than Karl Malone, and yes Barkley was only 6-4.....

Hitdogg

mofome

Banned

marlboro, impressive reply, i was not expecting such a retort. well done.

:cocktail

mofome

Banned

1) Durant
2) Oden
3) Wright
4) Brewer
5) Horford
6) Hawes
7) Julian Wright

those are my top 7 that i think will be coming out and that are from the states. thorton is a guy that could drop that i think will be a very good nba player. we shall see.

:cocktail

I like some thorton still.

just saying.....

it’s being whispered now among NBA types because, I believe, under a secret NBA/ESPN provision you are not permitted to say aloud anything that might be interpreted to suggest LeBron James isn’t the best thing to ever happen in anyone’s life. But sitting in the stands in Las Vegas at the USA Basketball mini-camp and hearing NBA coaches and general managers, the gasps have been for Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant. I’ve now heard more than one say Durant could be a better player than James given Durant’s combination of amazing size at about 6-10 and pure shooting stroke. And he’s still 20. The feeling is Durant is on the brink of being a 30 per game scorer. Plus, Durant is a serious worker.

mofome

Banned

Durant has the chance to be the closing thing we've ever seen to bird, said it before he came out. he needs to work on the passing, but its as if people cant compare a black guy to a white guy. Durant is going to be an amazing player and not taking him #1 overall was so dumb that it was unbelievable. I cant believe that anyone thought it made sense, much less 99% of the world.

mofome

Banned

you should have been around. you're saying the same things i said before he came out. you cant defend him. if hes going to make it, tough luck.

hes going to be so good that its silly and hes a humble kid.

doesn't seem to be into the party scene and likes to stay in kick it with his family and when not doing that he is getting better everyday

he has no ceiling

mofome

Banned

there is nothing oden does better than durant. durant does 100 things better than oden. lets get oden.

tripp

EOG Master

not a big durant guy myself, even now. nowhere close to guys like Lebron and Kobe imo

Horford is a great player, loved that pick by ATL