So Imus is shit canned for 2 weeks?? and Coulter, Limbaugh are fine??

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Wow ...

Our country is indeed in the final stages if Imus is now a scape goat after
Limbaugh laughs at Parkinson Victims and Coulter can call a Presidential
Candiadater a ***

I guess being a GOP SPOKESPERSON allows one a free pass in this country

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated
Re: So Imus is shit canned for 2 weeks?? and Coulter, Limbaugh are fine??

Doc,

I guess it's all black women you don't like, not just Rice.

The Devil

EOG Master

WEREN'T JIMMY THE GREEK AND HOWARD COSELL REPUBLICANS????? THEY GOT MORE THAN 2 WEEKS.......

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Didn't find any references to their specific political affiliations on their respective Wikipedia pages.

The Cosell incident was a little before my time. After looking it up, I had heard about it, just didn't remember the exact details.

For Cosell, just this : "After the war, Cosell began practicing law in Manhattan, primarily in union law." Most union lawyers are usually democrats? Just a guess though.

Cosell drew criticism during one Monday Night Football telecast in September 1983, for stating "that little monkey gets loose, doesn't he,"Alvin Garrett of the Washington Redskins. While some saw "little monkey" as a racial slur, others who knew Cosell were quick to point out that he used this term routinely in an approving way to describe quicker, smaller players of all ethnicities. Among the evidence to support this claim is video footage of a 1972New York Giants and the Kansas City Chiefs, that features Cosell referring to Mike Adamle, a 5-foot-9-inch, 197-pound Caucasian, as a "little monkey."

Perhaps due to the strain of this controversy, Cosell left Monday Night Football shortly before the start of the 1984 NFL season, claiming that the NFL had "become a stagnant bore." His duties were then reduced to only baseball, horse racing, and a sports news program called Sportsbeat. Howard Cosell never got a chance to commentate a Super Bowl, as by the time ABC finally got into the Super Bowl rotation with Super Bowl XIX, Cosell was already gone from Monday Night Football.
The only thing remotely political about Jimmy The Greek, is this : "he bet $10,000 USD on the 1948 election between Thomas Dewey and Harry S. Truman, getting 17:1 odds for Truman to win."

I do remember the JTG incident. It happened probably within a couple years of me watching sports and paying attention to them, for the first time.

On January 16, 1988, he was fired by the CBS network (where he was a contributor to the NFL Today program since 1976) after commenting to a reporter that African Americans were naturally superior athletes because they had been bred to produce stronger offspring during slavery:
<table class="cquote" style="border-style: none; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: transparent;" align="center"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 10px; color: rgb(178, 183, 242); font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif; font-weight: bold; text-align: left;" valign="top" width="20">
</td> <td style="padding: 4px 10px;" valign="top">"During the slave period, the slave owner would breed his big black with his big woman so that he would have a big black kid?that's where it all started."</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table style="border-style: none; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: transparent;" class="cquote" align="center"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 10px; color: rgb(178, 183, 242); font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif; font-weight: bold; text-align: left;" valign="top" width="20">
</td><td style="padding: 4px 10px;" valign="top"></td> <td style="padding: 10px; color: rgb(178, 183, 242); font-size: 36px; font-family: 'Times New Roman',serif; font-weight: bold; text-align: right;" valign="bottom" width="20">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

While it seems to me Cosells exile was somewhat his decision. Jimmy the Greeks, was definitely forced by CBS. And lasted forever.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

the worst part about the JTG thing is

HE WAS 100% DEAD ON CORRECT

but because it was not a "P.C." thing to say he got in trouble - but the sad reality is he was 100% CORRECT!

amazing how someone like the Reverend Hypocrite Jesse Jackson can call N.Y.C. "Hymietown" - insulting Jewish people - and basically walk away scot free because he is black but when someone who is not black comments on a black situation 2-faced hypocrites like Jesse and even fatter, uglier and more racially bigoted Fat Fuck Al Sharpton poke their fat faces into the fray and want "justice" - the same "justice" they don't want brought down on them when they make an asinine statement - which they do o often people lose track of them they are so prodigious in numbers

Apple

Banned

Al Sharpton is a moron.. I'd love to spit in his face.

beardog

EOG Dedicated

this is all a bunch of nonesense and there was nothing wrong with what imus said he has been saying things like that for 30yrs and i like his style . also i will not watch msnbc while he is off the air

beardog

EOG Dedicated

if al sharpton would listen too what these black rappers music he would have them all fired and the black people is where the word ho started