Matchbook?

BigDaddy

EOG Master
ok im new to matchbook

i sent them a $1000 today it cost me money to send the 1000 that i dont get reimbursed and then they take out 3.2% and put it into commision credits?

why do they have to take out 3.2% when i pay a fee to send the $1000

no other book takes out a percentage of deposit

thanks

Re: Matchbook?

Good biz on there part if ya ask me. They provide a service, and they charge for that.

Hell if all was free what would they have, you think about that?

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Good biz on there part if ya ask me. They provide a service, and they charge for that.

Hell if all was free what would they have, you think about that?

:cocktail

im trying to understand why 2 fees im ok paying the fee to send but taking out 3.2% from deposit confuses me. If you can answer that i would appreciate it otherwise stay out of the thread:cheers

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

:cocktail

im trying to understand why 2 fees im ok paying the fee to send but taking out 3.2% from deposit confuses me. If you can answer that i would appreciate it otherwise stay out of the thread:cheers

u will get the 2nd fee back that they take out....

and quickly.....as soon as you win any wagers, they take the 2% commission out, but they will not take it out until u have used up your "commission credits".......

its just their way or reimbursing the fees..

JC

EOG Veteran

Because they have to pay a fee on their end as well to receive the money.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Because they have to pay a fee on their end as well to receive the money.

thanks for the clear answer:cheers

bucs yes they put commision credits back so i dont lose anything the only thing i lose is the abilty to use the money on games

they also gave me 2 free weeks of free commision:party

the lines are great also they beat almost all the books:houra

thanks jimmy:cheers

seems overnights are a no good or do they have more available later in the night?

thanks
I put in overnight orders at the price I'm willing to pay, often times plus money on both sides and check for bites in the morning. Some offers will get filled and others wont.

Larger money comes into play as the day goes on. For BIG games there is liquidity right away, 25 dimes plus on either side with more waiting to jump in 2 weeks before the Super Bowl.

They will pay your fees, just ask them. They pay my wire costs.

munson15

I want winners...

Jimmy, if only one side gets filled on your early requests, aren't you stuck w/ a side? Or do you buy out of it even if it means no profit?

Jimmy, if only one side gets filled on your early requests, aren't you stuck w/ a side? Or do you buy out of it even if it means no profit?
Depending how I feel about the unfilled side, I may buy out, work out of it live (if available) or let it ride and chip away at scalps in other games. My key is not buying at the offered price, but at what I feel is the advantageous price. If you can get bites at a good price, you will usually be able to get bites on the other side because you won't need much movement to get there.

The only bonuses they appear to have are free commission periods. It is a very admirable business model, risk is purely in gaining liquidity through advertising. Unless you see them advertising wildly you have to think there is very little risk of them going under as they don't live and die with a couple of weeks of NFL results like some books might.

Once you use them, you will find you are giving almost all your action to them. But yes you won't get down overnight on anything but football and playoff games. Still hard to complain when you have 1 cent lines on almost every game in virtually all pro sports the last half hour before games start.

I will also endorse Matchbook -- been with them for several months now and I can't go anywhere else (even if Pinnacle was still around). Their business model is brilliant! I wish I had thought of it.

Woody

EOG Veteran

Its my opinion that their market makers start with the Pinny 8 cent baseball line and then make offers on both sides that beat that line even with the 2% commission figured in! They seem to move their line within 20 seconds of Pinny moving.

Later in the day, when Pinny gives a better line on one side, I suspect they are adjusting to balance action. I have no doubt that its all done by computer scripts.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

I put in overnight orders at the price I'm willing to pay, often times plus money on both sides and check for bites in the morning. Some offers will get filled and others wont.

Larger money comes into play as the day goes on. For BIG games there is liquidity right away, 25 dimes plus on either side with more waiting to jump in 2 weeks before the Super Bowl.

They will pay your fees, just ask them. They pay my wire costs.

some good info jimmy i appreciate it:cheers i put in a few offers last night and didnt get any takers so took them down when i went to bed.

Woody

EOG Veteran

i put in a few offers last night and didnt get any takers so took them down when i went to bed.

You have to leave them up overnight. Not too bad if you're in the East and are happy with the price you're offering. Line might creep a little but the only huge change would be due to a pitcher change and you are protected against that.

munson15

I want winners...

Woody, I already asked Jimmy Hoffa, and he was good enough to answer, but if you put offers on both sides up at Matchbook, what do you do if only one side is filled?

Woody

EOG Veteran

Woody, I already asked Jimmy Hoffa, and he was good enough to answer, but if you put offers on both sides up at Matchbook, what do you do if only one side is filled?

I agree Jimmy gave you a good answer.

I misunderstood since I thought you were offering only one side and I merely wanted to point out that there is a much greater chance of acceptance if you leave the offer up overnight. Offering both sides is more tricky, but look for a large spread where you believe the line will be stable so you can lay off any imbalance.

I don't do overnights myself except rarely, when I offer what I am prepared to accept on one side. Being on the West coast if I don't get up until 7:30-8:00 am I can expect some lines to already be moving around that time.

munson15

I want winners...

You see Woody, Hoffa mentioned some time ago that one of the ways he profits from his Matchbook account is to make offers on both sides at + odds to lock in a profit before the game starts. Being a scalp lover myself, I'm intrigued by this method, but was not sure I could handle the inevitable situations where I'd be stuck on one side. So that was where the question started in my mind, and since you are obviously a Matchbook veteran, I thought I'd run the idea by you for some additional insight.