MOFO -- Who are the VIKINGS gonna take?

mofome

Banned
Re: MOFO -- Who are the VIKINGS gonna take?

not with uncle kevin there. no such thing will happen. they have their #1 target, but iof hes gone, im not sure who they like next.

mofome

Banned

#1 Brady or Adrian?

What if both are gone?

#1 peterson. if hes not there, they will look to deal. they rank beck as their #3 QB, so they may take him later on at the QB spot. im not sure how much they like quinn, i call him a TE so my uncle doesn't mention him much with me. lol

helmut

EOG Member

Since they have nobody that can throw the ball. If they take Adrian he will see 400 carries if he lasts which is doubtful. So Chester will make a good 3rd down back and main back up.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

mofo,

we can agree T. Jackson is not the answer at QB.

mofome

Banned

Since they have nobody that can throw the ball. If they take Adrian he will see 400 carries if he lasts which is doubtful. So Chester will make a good 3rd down back and main back up.

well, they are a bit higher on jacksons future than some.

mofome

Banned

mofo,

we can agree T. Jackson is not the answer at QB.

i dont see how. he played a couple games and did so in an offense that was not changed, at all, from the one brad johnson ran. seems silly.

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

Fanatic Vikings fan here...since 1969.

Now, I don't claim to have any inside connections or really know who is on their draft board, etc., but I think the Vikings will take either Peterson or Landry if one or the other is there. May be leaning a bit more toward Peterson as they need more playmakers on offense.

They WILL NOT take a QB in round 1...the coaching staff loves Jackson, sees a lot of potential and good things in the kid, both physically and mentally. I could also see them taking Gaines Adams if he falls to them, and of course Calvin Johnson is (or should be) #1 on their board but they won't mortgage the farm to move up for him.

If they get a good offer to move down, I could see them doing that especially if that let them take one of the other 1st round WRs at a position that wouldn't be a reach and get another day one pick to boot. But the thought is (outside of CJ) that there's a ton of depth at WR this year and there will be plenty of good guys to pick in rounds 2 and 3. Unless Johnson, Adams, Peterson and Landry are all off the board at #7, expect the Vikings to take one of these "elite" players rather than trade down for multiple lesser players.

Mike Morris on KFAN this morning said Landry will be the pick. He's had a good track record in recent years at naming the first round pick, even got Williamson two years ago at #7.

mofome

Banned

Fanatic Vikings fan here...since 1969.

Now, I don't claim to have any inside connections or really know who is on their draft board, etc., but I think the Vikings will take either Peterson or Landry if one or the other is there. May be leaning a bit more toward Peterson as they need more playmakers on offense.

They WILL NOT take a QB in round 1...the coaching staff loves Jackson, sees a lot of potential and good things in the kid, both physically and mentally. I could also see them taking Gaines Adams if he falls to them, and of course Calvin Johnson is (or should be) #1 on their board but they won't mortgage the farm to move up for him.

If they get a good offer to move down, I could see them doing that especially if that let them take one of the other 1st round WRs at a position that wouldn't be a reach and get another day one pick to boot. But the thought is (outside of CJ) that there's a ton of depth at WR this year and there will be plenty of good guys to pick in rounds 2 and 3. Unless Johnson, Adams, Peterson and Landry are all off the board at #7, expect the Vikings to take one of these "elite" players rather than trade down for multiple lesser players.

Mike Morris on KFAN this morning said Landry will be the pick. He's had a good track record in recent years at naming the first round pick, even got Williamson two years ago at #7.

sounds good. i dont talk to anyone, with the vikings, about specific defensive players really. i know the staff wants peterson. i know they have calvin as their #1 player. i know they have beck as their #3 QB. i know jackson is the hardest working player on the team and they like him a lot. i know they have the best QB coach in the league.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

mofo, are they concerned at all with Petersons collar bone and the possibility more surgery will be necessary?

They can probably get Beck or the kid from Stanford in the 2nd round for qb.

mofome

Banned

mofo, are they concerned at all with Petersons collar bone and the possibility more surgery will be necessary?

They can probably get Beck or the kid from Stanford in the 2nd round for qb.

not really. they've known about it for a long while, the media is just starting to talk about it now b/c they are idiots. in his pro-day he caught every pass thrown to him, they were impressed with that and the fact that hes worked so hard since the season ended.

remember, this is a kid who was going to be the first player to ever declare, for the nfl, from HS. well, just a side note there.

mofome

Banned

minn will be entertaining the idea of moving down. landry is not the only DB they would consider at 7 though.

:)

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Tavarius (sp?) Jackson has to be doin cartwheels after today.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Hes been doing cartwheels ever since the VIkings named Bollinger his backup. Bollinger sux!

mofome

Banned

Hes been doing cartwheels ever since the VIkings named Bollinger his backup. Bollinger sux!

minn may have had the best draft on the offensive side with those two. the coaches are excited and so is the team. they will be explosive in the years to come. i was surprised rice lasted that long. if he came out next year, he would be a top 15 pick.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

This is looking like it could turn into a nice combo with those 2 and Harvin on the offensive side...:pop: