Report: Fuming Favre asked to be traded

dirty

EOG Master
Favre, upset over missing Moss, reportedly asked to be traded
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td width="10"> </td> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td nowrap="nowrap"> May 13, 2007
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports </td> <td width="10"> </td> <td align="right"> <script language="JavaScript"><!--// var dclkFeaturesponsor='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=234x42;tile=5;ord='+random+'?'; if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'" style="width:">
'); document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'"><\/script>'); } // --></script><script src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.spln.com/fs/stories/nfl;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;print=yes;user=Named;ct=USA;st=GA;ac=770;gend=M;age=B;seg=nonaol;vpmp=no;adv=f;cust=yes;fteam=NFL-ATL;fteam=NBA-ATL;fteam=MLB-ATL;fteam=NHL-ATL;fteam=NCAAF-GATECH;fteam=NCAAB-GATECH;pteam=NFL-none;pteam=NBA-DAL;pteam=NBA-DEN;pteam=NBA-SAC;pteam=NHL-none;pteam=NCAAF-GA;pteam=NCAAB-DUKE;pteam=NCAAB-NC;fplay=TEN-none;fplay=AUTO-none;pplay=TEN-none;vip=no;u=dirtydy1;sz=234x42;tile=5;ord=7124913638021387?"></script> <noscript></noscript> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="10"> </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
<table style="margin: 5px 0px 5px 5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 8px;">
</td></tr></tbody></table><!-- T10180272 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 05/13/2007 17:56:41 --><!-- sversion: 4 $Updated: rbrunner$ -->
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] MILWAUKEE -- The Green Bay Packers left Brett Favre fuming when they didn't pull off a trade for wide receiver Randy Moss during the NFL Draft. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] But was the three-time MVP angry enough to ask his way out of Green Bay? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Amid public grousing from Favre about the state of his team over the weekend, a report on the Fox Sports website, citing anonymous sources, said Favre's agent called Packers general manager Ted Thompson to request a trade a few days after last month's draft. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] According to the report, Packers coach Mike McCarthy later called the quarterback and was able to calm his anger, getting Favre to admit that he didn't really want to play elsewhere. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] In a statement posted on the Packers' website, Thompson said he would not address the specifics of the report but understood the frustration Favre vented in interviews over the weekend. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "I think it's natural for a player to be frustrated from time to time -- that's simply being human," Thompson said. "Everyone knows that Brett Favre is all about winning. As an organization, we share that commitment. And we want to win now." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT] <table align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200"> <tbody><tr> <td width="200"> </td> <td width="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="200"> Off with the green and gold? Reports had Brett Favre asking out. (US Presswire) </td> <td width="15"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Other Packers officials and Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, did not return telephone messages from the Associated Press on Sunday. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The Packers' mandatory minicamp begins Friday, and it was not clear whether Favre, who had surgery to remove bone spurs from his left ankle in late February, would attend. McCarthy said during the team's rookie orientation last weekend that he expected Favre to be present, even if he wasn't able to practice while he continues to recover from the surgery. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Favre didn't mention anything about wanting a trade in interviews he conducted during his annual charity golf tournament in Tunica, Miss. on Saturday. But Favre did make it clear that he believed the Packers passed on a chance to make "a steal" of a deal for Moss, who instead was traded from Oakland to New England April 29. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "He was going to wipe his contract clean and sign for $3 million guaranteed, plus a fourth-round draft pick. That would have been a steal," Favre told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald. "But we were not willing to guarantee part of that $3 million. I even had (Cook) call up there and tell them I would give up part of my salary to guarantee that part of the money. Apparently that wasn't enough either." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Favre, who has flirted with retirement during the past several offseasons, told the team in February that he would return for his 17th NFL season. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] But he now wonders whether the Packers want to move on without him as part of a long-term rebuilding movement, a sentiment he has hinted at in the past. Thompson and McCarthy have consistently said that they want Favre to keep playing. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Favre said he has faith in the team's desire to win, but wonders whether the Packers won't become a contender again until after he retires. Green Bay improved from 4-12 in 2005 to 8-8 last season, but hasn't made any major additions through free agency. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win," Favre told the paper. "I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Thompson said he is optimistic about the team's chances to win right away. The Packers have locked up several of their own key defensive players to long-term deals this offseason, including cornerback Al Harris, linebacker Nick Barnett and defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] "We feel like we've had a great offseason program -- our guys are getting bigger and stronger -- and we'll improve from within," Thompson said. "We're also excited about the players we've added through the draft and what those players will bring to our team." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006-2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

Green Bay Packers, Al Harris, Brett Favre, Cullen Jenkins, National Football League - CBS SportsLine.com

D-Ro

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Report: Fuming Favre asked to be traded

Give him SOME help......If he wanted Moss u gotta make an attempt...

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Give him SOME help......If he wanted Moss u gotta make an attempt...

I agree

He has a right to be pissed

Even though ASKMEA? above may be right when he says they are better out without Moss, if they had the opportunity to nab him combined with the fact Favre wanted him, you do what you have to do to get him...

Ok come on. Just becasue Moss can't come out and play Farve is gonna pout! That is crazy and I say just grow up.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

What this boils down to is he thinks he can make one last run before he retires.

If the guy had some help he just might be able to.....

What this boils down to is he thinks he can make one last run before he retires.

If the guy had some help he just might be able to.....

Yeah but I think if he is good enough he can make it work no matter what.

GB front office prolly just shit their pants... Favre has little to no trade value, and without him out on the field there will be a LOT of people who won't want to make the trip to Lambeau to watch a crappy team.

Favre offered to guarantee part of the 3 mil himself, I don't blame him for being pissed at all. Thompson has not added ANYONE offensively outside of Morency, K. Robinson, and few rooks in the last 2 years. Hell, 3 of the 5 starters on the OL last year were ROOKIES and another was a in his 2nd year. It's no wonder they are a bad team.

Thompson is building for the future with youth through the draft, which is a solid strategy, but he's basically slapped Favre in the face each of the last 2 years in the process. This year, they have zero capable starting rb's with extremely limited experience. Thompson must be trying to get Favre killed.

D-Ro

EOG Enthusiast

When was the last tim GB brought in a big time free agent to help out Brett.....

D-Ro

EOG Enthusiast

I agree they need to build 4 future , but it always helps to bring in an established veteran to help

The guy just wants to win. You're gonna rip him because management has made ZERO attempt to put together a winning team?

I'd be pissed off too.

D-Ro

EOG Enthusiast

Alot of other players in his position woulda bailed and went to a contender, but he wants 2 win.....in GB

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I don't blame Favre, for all that he's given to that city and franchise and can't believe they aren't giving him anything to work with. It's almost sad to see a great QB like this play for such a shitty team at the end of his career. Almost sad 'cuz i'm a Bears fan and I'm laughing my ass off at GB management here. I can't believe they're treating him like this. Brett Favre is one of the best qb's ever to play the game, it would be fun to see him in the super bowl one last time, problem is, gb isn't even putting a playoff team together. i don't understand it.....at all.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by yummy06
Yeah but I think if he is good enough he can make it work no matter what.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I agree with you Grand Master B, that obviously yummy06 has no idea what she or he is talking about.

So, say they did trade Favre, where does everyone think he would land. What would be the best situation for him and what would be the best for the Pack.

Maybe Miami if they can't get Green or maybe Denver. I know they have the kid (Cutler) there, but I'm sure Favre could only help his development.

how can any team that wants to win not take randy moss for 3 million and a 4th round draft pick. especially if favre is willing to pay a million of that.

let's use an analogy: i work for someone and am using windows 95 and spending half my day waiting for the computer to reboot after it crashes. now i find out my boss could've bought me state of the art equipment for $5.
i think i would be awfully pissed.

and in no way shape or form can you be "better off without moss". throw him in a 3-receiver set and he gets either 1) covered by their best corner leaving driver and/or jennings to run free or 2) double covered leaving driver and/or jennings to run free

D-Ro

EOG Enthusiast

gb was worried about character issues affecting their young players....maybe

that's their claim for everything.
but then why do they go after charles woodson/k-rob?

if you have every game sold out forever you can afford to be absolutely terrible to your fans, as the packers have repeatedly proven over the last 10 years. first charge them an arm and a leg for your "new" stadium that's not even a new stadium - essentially the season ticket holders, while still being crammed on a frozen bench are paying for elitists to sit in luxury.
then let wahl/rivera/walker/mckenzie/etc go without even a fight.
then even when you're $15 million under the cap don't spend the money on anyone or anything.

the packers have done everything they can to piss off people in this state yet for some reason they still get all the press coverage even in milwaukee where we have other franchises like the brewers and bucks that actually CARE about their fans and season ticket holders.