NEVER BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS-IT CAN ONLY END UP HURTING YOU...

I know this is off-topic, but I HAVE to get it off my chest.

Several days ago, a Friend of mine told me something involving the SON of another Friend of mine. I am not Friends with the SON and the news wasn't good...

More importantly, the Friend who shared the information asked me NOT to share it with anyone else, although he really isn't Friends with my other Friend's SON as well...

Several days later, the MOTHER of this Son called me for a totally unrelated incident and she could tell something was upsetting me. She asked me what it was but I told her I couldn't tell her because I promised another Friend I wouldn't...

She then proceded to inquire whether or not the news involved her in any way, and I asked her to please stop...

Finally, she insisted on me telling her by stating, "If I was a REAL FRIEND, and it was IMPORTANT news (I believe it was), that I'd tell her...

The long and the short of it is that I broke down and told her betraying a trust of another Friend along the way...

Although I made ammends to my other Friend and he forgave me, I did the wrong thing by breaking a promise...

Thanks for letting me vent and have a Happy Memorial Day Weekend,

THE SHRINK

Last edited:

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: NEVER BE THE BEARER OF BAD NEWS-IT CAN ONLY END UP HURTING YOU...

I tell people that want to share secrets with me, "Please DON'T!" Secrets can only be bad, almost never any good come of them. I feel for you Shrink, keep your head up, you meant well. I hope you can find some solace in that. Good Luck My Friend!

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

I know this is off-topic, but I HAVE to get it off my chest.

Several days ago, a Friend of mine told me something involving the SON of another Friend of mine. I am not Friends with the SON and the news wasn't good...

More importantly, the Friend who shared the information asked me NOT to share it with anyone else, although he really isn't Friends with my other Friend's SON as well...

Several days later, the MOTHER of this Son called me for a totally unrelated incident and she could tell something was upsetting me. She asked me what it was but I told her I couldn't tell her because I promised another Friend I wouldn't...

She then proceded to inquire whether or not the news involved her in any way, and I asked her to please stop...

Finally, she insisted on me telling her by stating, "If I was a REAL FRIEND, and it was IMPORTANT news (I believe it was), that I'd tell her...

The long and the short of it is that I broke down and told her betraying a trust of another Friend along the way...

Although I made ammends to my other Friend and he forgave me, I did the wrong thing by breaking a promise...

Thanks for letting me vent and have a Happy Memorial Day Weekend,

THE SHRINK

:+crying-5

<b>I tell people that want to share secrets with me, "Please DON'T!" Secrets can only be bad, almost never any good come of them.</b> I feel for you Shrink, keep your head up, you meant well. I hope you can find some solace in that. Good Luck My Friend!

There is a lot of wisdom contained that your first sentence...

Good stuff and thanks for your feedback...

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Unless someone wants to share a "secret" with me THAT AFFECTS me; I wish they would not do it. Whatever their other intentions may be --nothing good can come from it.

I never betray areal secret, but trust is not a word that is HIGHLY honored in today's society! Sad to say!

The Devil

EOG Master

once two people know it, it is no longer a secret.

Shrink......I hope you're not going to tell anyone where I hide my bones.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Shrink if it was to help the son's well being so be it. If it was just gossip then you are a gas bag :D

Shrink, you need to play more poker and practice that poker face. Then you can keep more secrets and share them with us!!

Shrink, you need to play more poker and practice that poker face. Then you can keep more secrets and share them with us!!

I absolutely suck at Poker so I refuse to play more....

Shrink if it was to help the son's well being so be it. If it was just gossip then you are a gas bag

It was most definitely for the son's well being but I was still wrong...

Woody

EOG Veteran

Sad story, but the above would not be true if you were a REAL Shrink and never let on what you were thinking.

A-Train

Banned

Ken...I think that u were put in a difficult situation...that being said i think u made a very poor choice...

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

Carlos Marcello, longtime New Orleans Mob Boss, had a sign on the door in his office building as visitors left, they were farewelled by this message. It read: THREE CAN KEEP A SECRET IF TWO ARE DEAD. :D

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..if you spread something which you are told; and you know it can hurt someone; and you do not know (really know) that it is true..>>>

then..>>

you are lying..!!

jmho

gl

:whatever: :smokesmal :+clueless

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Good Intentions get You NOwhere!
The Truth and loyalty are your friends!

The "Shrink" has been one that has not held truth in "high regard". Yes--he's a great salesman; but they do not make for the best to confide in" NO MATTER WHAT LINE OF WORK! He sells snow to the eskimos in my opinion!

Katie

EOG Master

ken, you big blabber mouth!!! :)