TONIGHTS BASEBALL QUESTION?????

mofome

Banned
Re: TONIGHTS BASEBALL QUESTION?????

not as fun doing trivia when everyones got the net. not real.

1967 was the glove invented by then and the baseballs made out of rolled up tape?

HERE'S SOME TRIVA YOU CAN'T LOOK UP!!:thumbsup

WHAT IS THE EOG SOFTBALL RECORD AT "THE BEAST OF THE EAST"" TOURNAMENT TODAY!!

3-1 mo you were close!!!:LMAO

wrig!! the answer is alot. they are in a days inn in petersburg virginia:cheers

wrig!! the answer is alot. they are in a days inn in petersburg virginia:cheers

Days Inn dam you have a cheapskate sponsor :+textinb3 if he had them staying at a Hilton and putting them all in penthouse rooms you would have been 4-0.

Back to topic

Devil do you know why the baseball writer voted for Tovar was it the Boston writer ?

Maybe there was a rule back then that you could not vote for players whose team you cover.

The Devil

EOG Master

Back to topic

Devil do you know why the baseball writer voted for Tovar was it the Boston writer ?

Maybe there was a rule back then that you could not vote for players whose team you cover.

I DOUBT THAT WAS THE CASE. BUT OTHER THAN SAYING THAT, I REALLY DON'T KNOW. WAS TRYING TO GET A DIFFERENT TOVAR QUESTION UP WHEN I RAN INTO THE YAZ THING.

I REMEMBERED THAT TOVAR HELD A DUBIOUS RECORD OF HAVING THE ONLY HIT/HITS IN BREAKING UP NO HITTERS. SOMEWHERE AROUND 9 TIMES HE HAD ALL HIS TEAMS HITS A GAME, 5 TIMES HE BROKE UP NO HITTERS AND ANOTHER FOUR HE HAD MULTIPLE HIT GAMES(ONLY HITS BY HIS TEAM) ONCE I BELIVE HE WENT 4-4 AND HAD HIS TEAMS ONLY HITS.

I think I heard that Tovar was the the first player to play a different position every inning the entire game. He also would wear a Blue glove throughout some of the season remember having his baseball card with him wearing it.

The Devil

EOG Master

I think I heard that Tovar was the the first player to play a different position every inning the entire game. He also would wear a Blue glove throughout some of the season remember having his baseball card with him wearing it.

HE WAS THE SECOND PLAYER, BERT CAMPANERIS WAS THE FIRST.

HE WAS THE SECOND PLAYER, BERT CAMPANERIS WAS THE FIRST.

Thanks Devil then many started doing it late in the season when their team was elminated from the race the teams used it as a ploy to sell tickets to meaningless games.

I dont think it has been done for a while now I know Dan Gladden was the last to do it for the Twins.

The Devil

EOG Master

On September 22, 1968, Tovar became the second player to play every position in a game, joining Bert Campaneris (Kansas City Athletics, 1965), Scott Sheldon (Texas Rangers, 2000) and Shane Halter (Detroit Tigers, 2000). No National League player has ever done it. Tovar started the game on the mound against Oakland and pitched one scoreless inning in which he struck out Reggie Jackson; the first batter he faced was Campaneris.

I DON'T SEE GLADDEN MENTIONED.