PHIL STEELE RAG IS OUT.

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted
I picked up a copy of Phil Steel's football annual for 2007 today at Border's. The best football magazine, IMO. Pretty soon pigskins will be flying through the air. Never too early to start setting up your football season. A wealth of information, possibly more than you will need.

mofome

Banned
Re: PHIL STEELE RAG IS OUT.

yeah, hes pretty good. his rankings this year were a bit odd to me....but oh well. good magazine.

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

Phil claims that his mag is the most accurate preseason publication ,and he produces a chart in his magazine that attempts to prove it.

Went looking today and could not find it. Given a confirmed sighting I will intensify my search tomorrow. Picked up Lindy's and Athlon last week but Steele's is the best.

mofome

Banned

Phil claims that his mag is the most accurate preseason publication ,and he produces a chart in his magazine that attempts to prove it.

i'll take 10 minutes and post a top 45 that will end up more accurate than what hes got out.

I know the Barnes & Nobles here in FLA have always been about a week behind the national release....

i'll take 10 minutes and post a top 45 that will end up more accurate than what hes got out.

Accuracy on those things is a joke, the other magazines often are guessing at rankings before the spring games are over. Phil gets all worked up about predicting some team would be in the top 25 that no one else called, but really being #22 these days doesn't mean you are much of a team.

What he does good is make a list of surprise teams, but he doesn't lay them out as well as he should. If he or you Mo want to add value, give us 5-7 teams you expect to do well ATS. That would be truly useful.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Accuracy on those things is a joke, the other magazines often are guessing at rankings before the spring games are over. Phil gets all worked up about predicting some team would be in the top 25 that no one else called, but really being #22 these days doesn't mean you are much of a team.

What he does good is make a list of surprise teams, but he doesn't lay them out as well as he should. If he or you Mo want to add value, give us 5-7 teams you expect to do well ATS. That would be truly useful.

Agree with Wild Bill 100%.

mofome

Banned

yessssirr. i agree with that. the freshman/jucos are just arriving on campus at most places, hard to throw a ton out there now. i think coming up with a list like that would be a useful tool going into each week. that, however, would take longer than the 10 minutes i was going to put into coming up with some rankings to rival whats in phils magazine.

What he does good is make a list of surprise teams, but he doesn't lay them out as well as he should. If he or you Mo want to add value, <b>give us 5-7 teams you expect to do well ATS. That would be truly useful.</b>

I second that, but it is virtually impossible to nail this request due to too many variables, imho...

It's been a magazine worth picking up if you want to bet college football early in the season. But it pretty much ends there with Phil "Steal" and avoid buying picks or following his plays. He lies about his handicapping record all season.

His posts here on EOG were as readable as a computer printout. It's like if the computer in the movie WarGames would speak or print information. Good info for the right people I suppose, but it's all overkill at some point - especially from a losing handicapper.