Oddsmaker.com sent me a counterfeit check

Dimm

EOG Member
So I requested a payout from oddmaker.com and received it oooohhh 3 weeks and change later via Fed Ex.

Deposited it into my bank and it turns out thay sent me a counterfeit check...
....hmmm why scam me and spend money on sending me a fed ex check?

Any one else had a similar experience with this book?

Who here actually got paid, or got a legit check??

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Oddsmaker.com sent me a counterfeit check

...get a mod on this for you ASAP. Im sure you will get paid and this cleared up....ask the General for help...

Dimm

EOG Member

...get a mod on this for you ASAP. Im sure you will get paid and this cleared up....ask the General for help...

Who is the general? and how is he going to help?

Do you know that my bank thought i was part of the scam? what if i would have gotten arrested over this bogus check???

Who is the general? and how is he going to help?

Do you know that my bank thought i was part of the scam? what if i would have gotten arrested over this bogus check???

This smells fishy ..oddsmaker has had slow payout complaints but this is a first like to see the general verify this

Dimm

EOG Member

This smells fishy ..oddsmaker has had slow payout complaints but this is a first like to see the general verify this

I thought it was weird looking when i recieved it. it looked as though someone printed it on their home inkjet. Against my gut I deposited it anyway.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

please send the info pertaining to this to

general@eog.com

He will contact them and look into it for you, and we can also verify what happened.....

it seems a bit weird all the new posters mentioning about oddsmaker.
What's up? it's confusing ..

dimm, why don't you scan the check and show you it here please.

beardog

EOG Dedicated

I thought it was weird looking when i recieved it. it looked as though someone printed it on their home inkjet. Against my gut I deposited it anyway.
MAYBE YOUR THE ONE THAT PRINTED IT ON THEIR INKJET AND THEN TRIED TOO DEPOSIT IT HELLOOOOOOOO

yes why are there a slew of new posters slamming the site?
Did the bank say it looked counterfeit or what?? Never heard of a no pay from them.:smokesmal:smokesmal:smokesmal

Did the bank say it looked counterfeit or what?? Never heard of a no pay from them.:smokesmal:smokesmal:smokesmal

Just tons of slow pays...just dont hold your breath waiting for the check but it will come.

how come i never got nothing in the mail with shrink pic on it :(

Dimm

EOG Member

Just emailed the shrink & General, hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation.

As for the person commenting that I printed the check, are you also on the oddsmaker payroll??

Has any one else here gotten a check for a withdrawl from this site or has everyone only received wire withdrawls?

Ive also gotten no where with there customer service people. No one will let me speak to the actual cashier department.

Dimm

EOG Member

No, the bank actually verifies the account and routing number on the check with the issuing bank. This is a major bank not one of those neighborhood one branch joints. They didnt just refuse it at first glance they actually let me deposit the damned thing.

4 days later (today) I find out is fake from my bank. What gives?

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Dimm
These are pretty serious allegations your throwing around about a book that is pretty highly regarded by some highly regarded folks here. Hopefully some guys here can help you get this sorted out.

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

There is no such thing as a "fake" check. This is slang. Banks give you a specific reason for rejecting a check, such as insufficient funds , closed account, or other similar reason.You are being vague, perhaps for a reason.

bettineddy

EOG Member

Just emailed the shrink & General, hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation.

As for the person commenting that I printed the check, are you also on the oddsmaker payroll??

Has any one else here gotten a check for a withdrawl from this site or has everyone only received wire withdrawls?

Ive also gotten no where with there customer service people. No one will let me speak to the actual cashier department.

I have a check waiting for me at home. Wife says it looks o.k. but i'm not sure that means anything.

Should i inform the manager at Nations Bank that i have heard rumours of this place passing bad checks, before i try to deposit it there?

Had to wait two months to get the thing, i suppose a few extra days won't hurt.

Dimm

EOG Member

I have a check waiting for me at home. Wife says it looks o.k. but i'm not sure that means anything.

Should i inform the manager at Nations Bank that i have heard rumours of this place passing bad checks, before i try to deposit it there?

Had to wait two months to get the thing, i suppose a few extra days won't hurt.

Eddy let me know what happens with your check?

Was the payee a weird online name? Was it from a California bank?

Dimm

EOG Member

[FONT=arial, arial, helvetica, geneva] Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Arvin'
Arvin: Welcome to Customer Service. How may I help you today?
bonita25: Hi I received a check from my withdrawl on Monday. yesterday the bank told me it is counterfeit
bonita25: you sent me a bad check
Arvin: ?
bonita25: I deposited a check from oddmaker that my bank is saying is fake
bonita25: it came from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Arvin: it's not
Arvin: do you have the check with you?
bonita25: no, the bank has kept it and is investigating
bonita25: i have a copy
bonita25: it came from a xxxxxxx
Arvin: can you send us a copy so we can verify it?
bonita25: yes
bonita25: how?
bonita25: fax?
Arvin: we never send out fake checks
Arvin: yes
Arvin: Fax: 1-866-354-7039
bonita25: is that the bank that you issue payments from?
bonita25: in xxxxxxx?
bonita25: can the cashier department please also contact me, i would like to clear this matter up
Arvin: we have a lot of affiliated banks
Arvin: yes we will
bonita25: to who's attention do i send the fax to?
Arvin: send us a copy of your check
bonita25: gladly.
Arvin: cashier
bonita25: any name?
bonita25: to a specific person?
Arvin: just send it to the cashier they will be able to check it already
bonita25: ok. will do. thank you for your help.
Arvin: you're welcome
Arvin: Thank you for chatting. If you have other concerns, please give us a call. Customer Support is available 24/7. Good Luck!
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Dimm
These are pretty serious allegations your throwing around about a book that is pretty highly regarded by some highly regarded folks here. Hopefully some guys here can help you get this sorted out.

Who? LMFAO!:LMAO

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

I actually xeroxed my check that I received from Oddsmaker's payout processor. Mine was written by xxxxxxxxx. It was paid out of xxxxxxxxxx which is a real bank. It says "This document has a colored background and microprinting. The reverse side includes an artificial watermark." It did, my bank cashed it and it didn't bounce.

Guys, please dont post this bank info on the forum....if we think its hard to get a payout now, wait til we start blasting names of the processors who ARE willing to process checks everywhere, it simply cant help the situation offshore right now.....

thanks

Dimm

EOG Member

I actually xeroxed my check that I received from Oddsmaker's payout processor. Mine was written by xxxxxxxxx. It was paid out of xxxxxxxxxx which is a real bank. It says "This document has a colored background and microprinting. The reverse side includes an artificial watermark." It did, my bank cashed it and it didn't bounce.

Guys, please dont post this bank info on the forum....if we think its hard to get a payout now, wait til we start blasting names of the processors who ARE willing to process checks everywhere, it simply cant help the situation offshore right now.....

thanks

No problem, i wont name any more names. just thought it would help.

Apparently im not the only one with a check issue:

http://forum.sbrforum.com/players-t...nership-betonusa.html?highlight=oddsmaker.com

bettineddy

EOG Member

Eddy let me know what happens with your check?

Was the payee a weird online name? Was it from a California bank?

Don't think it is from California, but not certain. I am flying home at 1pm, so i will probably not make it home in time to get it to the bank today.

If not, i will take it down Saturday morning, which may be best as they are usually not busy at all on Sat.

I am not sure how to proceed though. Just hand them the check and deposit slip, and wait to see what transpires? Guess that is the way to go.

Remarkable the problems this place has. And the stress they put their customers through. I think it is shameful that they are promoted in the manner they have been.

It should be noted that this poster/gambler has not deposited a penny with oddsmaker as he clearly took advantage of their generous promotion....

Here it the reply just handed down to me from one of the Chief Executives of Oddsmaker.com

THE SHRINK

"I looked into the matter? below and first off the guy is a cash out from a free 100 and secondly it is impossible it is fake?. Either he is BS?ing or his bank just does not want to cash the check because he has a negative relationship with them?."

bettineddy

EOG Member

So the player is at fault because he took them up on a promotional offer that they sent him, and you endorsed?

And the player at SBR, he is another bad guy?

And my 60+ day wait, thats probably my fault to right, because i didn't say sir or ma'am when requesting payout.

I don't see the fact that the basis of the winnings was the $100 bonus is relevant; they would not have paid off if he hadn't met the rollover requirements. What, are we just expected to lose when playing the bonus?

so the guy won 1500 on the promotion they mailed him and met all requirements the man should be paid.

Not sure if the bad check thing is true or not but if he met all requirements on the promotion they should pay him.

Dimm

EOG Member

It should be noted that this poster/gambler has not deposited a penny with oddsmaker as he clearly took advantage of their generous promotion....

Here it the reply just handed down to me from one of the Chief Executives of Oddsmaker.com

THE SHRINK

"I looked into the matter? below and first off the guy is a cash out from a free 100 and secondly it is impossible it is fake?. Either he is BS?ing or his bank just does not want to cash the check because he has a negative relationship with them?."

wow. thanks for all the help.

yes it is a cash out from the free 100.00. so what?
I'd like someone to personally contact me to resolve this matter.
Thus far ive gotten no valid response from anyone.
Negative relationship with my bank, not so actually.

Impossible to fake what?

and lastly the he you keep reffering to is actually a she, genius's....
which leads me to believe that no one has looked into my situation at all.

bettineddy

EOG Member

Has oddsmaker offered to get you your funds by any other method?

And, your bank. Are they supposed to be investigating further for you?

Last night I went to a Happy Hour. Was 2 for 1 Beers. Guess what, Drank 50 and paid for 25.

The place offered that Promo, and didnt complain I bit.

WTF going on around here.

If a book doesn't want to payoff on monies accumulated off of a free play, they shouldn't offer them.

slash

EOG Enthusiast

Dimm,

your case and this thread in general once again confirms that shrink is absolutely useless when it comes to solving complaints. You can pay him to say anything.

Dimm

EOG Member

Good question.

Agreed.

No eddy, no one has even contacted me back from oddsmaker, it basically has been just me calling/emailing chatting w/ customer service. I faxed the copy of the check from my Bank to oddsmaker will see what good that does.

I'm still really hoping that this isnt one big ol' scam.

THE SHRINK

Why does it even matter if it is a cash out from the free $100? A payout is a payout. I think we all feel it is not fake and something is up here from the poster, but this is a pretty undiplomatic way of responding. "BS'ing"? Does this Chief Executive relate with customers much? It doesn't seem like it with the way this is worded.

bettineddy

EOG Member

Why does it even matter if it is a cash out from the free $100? A payout is a payout. I think we all feel it is not fake and something is up here from the poster, but this is a pretty undiplomatic way of responding. "BS'ing"? Does this Chief Executive relate with customers much? It doesn't seem like it with the way this is worded.

Why do you doubt the poster?

Oddsmaker does not deny it sent her/him the check. So, you think it is some fault of the poster, that the bank refused to even deposit the check?

My understanding is, they did not just hold the check to verify funds, they outright told the player, "this check is no good".

And apparently, this is not an isolated case. Unless of course, the player(s) at the SBR forum are also lying.

Considering oddsmakers history here alone, i am surprised this latest revelation is hard to believe for anyone.

Anyways, i have to leave for the airport. Hopefully i can give an account of what happens with myself and my check in the next few days.