Jesus stole my identity

jay28

EOG Dedicated
The story of Jesus was obviously plagiarized. Or if your really stupid, the devil plagiarized the story of Jesus and planted it in pre-christian history.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bF3FMyMh-L8
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bF3FMyMh-L8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bF3FMyMh-L8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: Jesus stole my identity

I bet Jesus would beat up Mohammed!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

jay28

EOG Dedicated

No wonder all the disciples left Paul. Last disciple who was with Paul was Barnabas who also left him later. He change Jesus(pbuh) teachings.

andrew748

Banned

That was good one Andrew...... I should be careful with my titles.....:hung
View Profile: IDENTITY <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);" colspan="2" width="100%"> IDENTITY
NFL Expert
</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

While interesting you miss the whole point of Christianity...

First, as a matter of fact, Jesus did live around the time the Bible puts him at. This has been proven by archeologists.

As to whether he was the Son of God is a matter of faith.

In order to attract believers the early church adopted many ceremonies/key dates of pagan religions. This is also fact.

But, halo's and Christmas and Easter and miracles are simply symbols, not the message.

The message of Christianity is Peace.

As is the message of Islam.

It is the zealots of religions that take extreme positions and abuse the sacred word to fit their agendas.

Christianity went through their trial period during the dark ages (ever hear of the Inquisition), around 1400 years after the death of Christ.

Islam is going through its trial now... around 1400 years after the death of Mohammid...

Christianity survived its trial.

The books is still out on Islam.

Since we are on a history of religion trek, there is this tidbit about Islam:

Islam's origins have been traced back by scholars to the ancient fertility religion of the worship of the moon god which was always the dominant religion of Arabia. The moon god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day, making an annual pilgrimage to the Kabah which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kabah seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kabah, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers, giving alms to the poor, etc. These were pagan rites practiced by the Arabs long before Muhammad was born.

What religion today practices the pagan rites of the moon god? Islam! This explains why the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam. It is placed on top of mosques and minarets and displayed on hats, flags, rugs, amulets and even jewelry. Every time you see the Muslim symbol of a crescent moon, you are seeing the ancient symbol of the moon god.

There are also the "Satanic Verses" - words of Mohammid written into the Q'ran then removed because he claimed that Satan deceived him into putting them in.

Christianity is not the only religion to "blame the Devil"...

andrew748

Banned

While interesting you miss the whole point of Christianity...

First, as a matter of fact, Jesus did live around the time the Bible puts him at. This has been proven by archeologists.

As to whether he was the Son of God is a matter of faith.

In order to attract believers the early church adopted many ceremonies/key dates of pagan religions. This is also fact.

But, halo's and Christmas and Easter and miracles are simply symbols, not the message.

As is the message of Islam.

It is the zealots of religions that take extreme positions and abuse the sacred word to fit their agendas.

Christianity went through their trial period during the dark ages (ever hear of the Inquisition), around 1400 years after the death of Christ.

Islam is going through its trial now... around 1400 years after the death of Mohammid...

Christianity survived its trial.

The books is still out on Islam.
i wish we still had rep points :)

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Since we are on a history of religion trek, there is this tidbit about Islam:

Islam's origins have been traced back by scholars to the ancient fertility religion of the worship of the moon god which was always the dominant religion of Arabia. The moon god was worshipped by praying toward Mecca several times a day, making an annual pilgrimage to the Kabah which was a temple of the moon god, running around the Kabah seven times, caressing an idol of a black stone set in the wall of the Kabah, running between two hills, making animal sacrifices, gathering on Fridays for prayers, giving alms to the poor, etc. These were pagan rites practiced by the Arabs long before Muhammad was born.

What religion today practices the pagan rites of the moon god? Islam! This explains why the crescent moon is the symbol of Islam. It is placed on top of mosques and minarets and displayed on hats, flags, rugs, amulets and even jewelry. Every time you see the Muslim symbol of a crescent moon, you are seeing the ancient symbol of the moon god.

There are also the "Satanic Verses" - words of Mohammid written into the Q'ran then removed because he claimed that Satan deceived him into putting them in.

Christianity is not the only religion to "blame the Devil"...

Thats not true my friend. There is no such thing as moon god. The symbol moon was created by Othomans and put it on the mosque just for decoration. It doesn't go beyond that. People of Arabia were buthist. They were preaching to stones. They use to bury their daughter. Not to mention, they put stones in the Kaba and they use to pray to the stones. But after Mohammad(pbuh) came to Arabia, it all changed.

One must know who build the Kabah. It was build by Abraham(pbuh) and his son Ishmael(pbuh). They use to preach from the top of the Kabah. After that, people of arabia forgot the message and the Messenger of Allah came to guide them once again.

Sorry Jay, but:

Mecca Before Mohammed

Ever wonder what Mecca was like before Mohammed was born? It must have been a fascinating place, for it was a trading center, a melting pot of different cultures. Traders were there of many different religions. The Quraysh tribe there worshipped Hubal, Al-ilah, and Al-ilah’s three daughters. A black rock from heaven was held in high esteem and placed in a corner of the Ka’bah. The Ka’bah was the center of worship of 360 idols according to the Bukhari vol.3 book 43 ch.33 no.658 p.396 and vol.5 book 59 ch.47 no.583 p.406. The Encyclopedia of Islam (edited by Eliade) p.303ff says the people, prior to Islam, would pray five times toward Mecca and fast for part of a day for an entire month. The Quraysh fasted on the 10th of Myharram/Muharram. Mohammed ordered this too, but later it was optional (Bukhari vol.5 book 58 ch.25 no.172 p.109), also Bukhari vol.6 book 60 ch.24 no.31 p.25.

Pre-Islamic Arabs made pilgrimages (‘Umrah) to Mecca. Fiqh us-Sunnah vol.5 p.122, and Bukhari vol.2 book 26 ch.33 no.635 p.371-372 say they thought not performing ‘Umrah was one of the major sins on earth. At Mecca they covered the Ka’bah with cloth Fiqh vol.5 p.131, and they had a sacred month of no war prior to Islam (Bukhari vol.2 book 23 ch.96 no.482 p.273).

The Origin of the word "Allah"
Generically, the word "Allah" likely was a contraction of the Arabic Al-ilah, which means "the god". Both Arab Christians and pagans used the word Ilah for God. Even Arabic and Indonesian Bibles today use the word "Allah" for God. In past times, the similar Mideastern word el, meant "god" either true or false, in Ugaritic, Canaanite, and Hebrew. Prior to Mohammed, the Ka’bah, which housed 360 idols, was called Beit-Allah, or "House of Allah". Mohammed’s father, who died before he was born, was named ‘Abdullah meaning slave of Allah. Also, a tribe of Jews was called ‘Abdullah bin Salam in Bukhari vol.5 book 59 ch.13 no.362 p.241.

Specifically, among the idols worshipped at Mecca, one was just called "Allah". This particular idol was the tribal god of the Quraysh, and he had three specific daughters. Compared to four of the five pillars of Islam, the Meccans before Mohammed fasted on the same day, gave alms to their own, prayed toward Mecca, and made pilgrimages (‘Umrah) to Mecca. There were many differences too, but some marvel in the continuity of these unchanged practices in common with the pagan Quraysh worship.

Worshippers of Allah

Many primitive people worshipped a sun god and a moon goddess. Western Arabs were unusual in worshipping a moon god and his wife, the sun goddess. There are pre-Islamic statues of his symbol: the crescent moon. It looks just like the crescent moon of Shi’ite Muslims, except the Shi’ites added a small star. The Yemenites/Sabaeans had a moon god according to the Encyclopedia of Islam p.303. The Quraysh may have gotten this idol from them.

Allah had three daughters named Lat, ‘Uzza, and Manat. At one time the "prophet of Allah" compromised and said in the Qur’an (Sura 53:19) that "their intercession was to be hoped for." In other words, he said we should hope for the help of these three idols.

Mohammed’s followers must have been amazed that he said this. Later, Mohammed changed his mind and said Satan deceived him. Since a mistake was made, these verses were "abrogated" or taken out. These are often called "the Satanic verses." It is interesting to read how Allah could have what are called "abrogated verses" in Suras 13:39; 16:101; vol.2:106. Sura 41:37 mentions with disapproval sun and moon worshippers.

In summary, Mecca in Mohammed’s time was a very cosmopolitan town. Sabaeans, and Mohammed’s tribe, the Quraysh worshipped a moon idol, named Al-ilah or Allah, and his three daughters. The Qur’an says not to worship idols, yet Muslim scholars admit Mohammed originally put in verses saying the intercession of the Allah’s daughters was to be hoped for.[/LEFT]

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Sorry Jay, but:

Mecca Before Mohammed

Ever wonder what Mecca was like before Mohammed was born? It must have been a fascinating place, for it was a trading center, a melting pot of different cultures. Traders were there of many different religions. The Quraysh tribe there worshipped Hubal, Al-ilah, and Al-ilah’s three daughters. A black rock from heaven was held in high esteem and placed in a corner of the Ka’bah. The Ka’bah was the center of worship of 360 idols according to the Bukhari vol.3 book 43 ch.33 no.658 p.396 and vol.5 book 59 ch.47 no.583 p.406. The Encyclopedia of Islam (edited by Eliade) p.303ff says the people, prior to Islam, would pray five times toward Mecca and fast for part of a day for an entire month. The Quraysh fasted on the 10th of Myharram/Muharram. Mohammed ordered this too, but later it was optional (Bukhari vol.5 book 58 ch.25 no.172 p.109), also Bukhari vol.6 book 60 ch.24 no.31 p.25.

Yes you are right that Mecca was a trading center. There were 360 gods made of stone place in the Mecca and people from all over the world use to come and pray to gods. The Quraysh were very rich and powerful tribe. Mohammad(pbuh) born in Quraysh tribe. When his family (Quraysh) heard that Mohammad(pbuh) is moving from 360 gods to One God, they got mad and wanted to kill him. Mohammad(pbuh) migrated from Mecca to Medina. It would be better if you read his biography. As far as the fasting goes, Islam is not the first religion which allowed people to fast. Fasting is also allowed in Judaism as well as Christianity. And we have to know that Mohammad(pbuh) is not the only prophet came down to earth to guide people. There were more then 1 million Prophets came down to guide people.

Pre-Islamic Arabs made pilgrimages (‘Umrah) to Mecca. Fiqh us-Sunnah vol.5 p.122, and Bukhari vol.2 book 26 ch.33 no.635 p.371-372 say they thought not performing ‘Umrah was one of the major sins on earth. At Mecca they covered the Ka’bah with cloth Fiqh vol.5 p.131, and they had a sacred month of no war prior to Islam (Bukhari vol.2 book 23 ch.96 no.482 p.273).

It's important to know that Kabah was build by Abraham(pbuh) and Ishmael(pbuh). They use to preach from top of the Kabah. Later people put stone and people use to come from all over the world to just see those gods and pray to those 360 gods.

The Origin of the word "Allah"
Generically, the word "Allah" likely was a contraction of the Arabic Al-ilah, which means "the god". Both Arab Christians and pagans used the word Ilah for God. Even Arabic and Indonesian Bibles today use the word "Allah" for God. In past times, the similar Mideastern word el, meant "god" either true or false, in Ugaritic, Canaanite, and Hebrew. Prior to Mohammed, the Ka’bah, which housed 360 idols, was called Beit-Allah, or "House of Allah". Mohammed’s father, who died before he was born, was named ‘Abdullah meaning slave of Allah. Also, a tribe of Jews was called ‘Abdullah bin Salam in Bukhari vol.5 book 59 ch.13 no.362 p.241.
Specifically, among the idols worshipped at Mecca, one was just called "Allah". This particular idol was the tribal god of the Quraysh, and he had three specific daughters. Compared to four of the five pillars of Islam, the Meccans before Mohammed fasted on the same day, gave alms to their own, prayed toward Mecca, and made pilgrimages (‘Umrah) to Mecca. There were many differences too, but some marvel in the continuity of these unchanged practices in common with the pagan Quraysh worship.

Since Mohammad(pbuh) is not the only Prophet came to guide people, so the word Allah is not limited to Islam. You are right my friend that Allah means "The God" and also use by Arab Jews, Arab Christians and Pagans. I would say when praying to a stone and calling it god is not the same as praying to The Only God. God did send down Mohammad(pbuh) go guide Meccans. Before, muslims use to pray to Al Aqsa. After a while order came to take Mecca back from the idile worshippers and change Kabah back to what it use to be, i.e., Abraham and Ishmael place to guide people to Islam.

Worshippers of Allah

Many primitive people worshipped a sun god and a moon goddess. Western Arabs were unusual in worshipping a moon god and his wife, the sun goddess. There are pre-Islamic statues of his symbol: the crescent moon. It looks just like the crescent moon of Shi’ite Muslims, except the Shi’ites added a small star. The Yemenites/Sabaeans had a moon god according to the Encyclopedia of Islam p.303. The Quraysh may have gotten this idol from them.

Allah had three daughters named Lat, ‘Uzza, and Manat. At one time the "prophet of Allah" compromised and said in the Qur’an (Sura 53:19) that "their intercession was to be hoped for." In other words, he said we should hope for the help of these three idols.

Mohammed’s followers must have been amazed that he said this. Later, Mohammed changed his mind and said Satan deceived him. Since a mistake was made, these verses were "abrogated" or taken out. These are often called "the Satanic verses." It is interesting to read how Allah could have what are called "abrogated verses" in Suras 13:39; 16:101; vol.2:106. Sura 41:37 mentions with disapproval sun and moon worshippers.

In summary, Mecca in Mohammed’s time was a very cosmopolitan town. Sabaeans, and Mohammed’s tribe, the Quraysh worshipped a moon idol, named Al-ilah or Allah, and his three daughters. The Qur’an says not to worship idols, yet Muslim scholars admit Mohammed originally put in verses saying the intercession of the Allah’s daughters was to be hoped for.[/left]

The word Allah is common word. It means God.

There is no greater lie than the Satanic verses lie. The Prophet never said those verses. To sum up, the story basically says that when the Prophet was leading the prayer one time near the Ka’bah, he was reciting Surah 53:19-20 and then he said a verse 'those are the high-flying cranes and indeed their intercession is to be hoped for' so the Quraysh got happy that the Prophet spoke so positively about their Gods and then also prostrated with the Muslims when they prostrated in their prayer. Then Allah sent down a verse rebuking the Prophet Muhammad (Surah 17:73-75) and also sent down a verse abrogating the ‘Satanic revelation’ (Surah 22:52).
Lets see if this could make any sense…
If you are interested to read on, please follow the following link
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) And The Satanic Verses.

andrew748

Banned

:+excited-

just as well i don't believe

i'm already committed to series 3 of LOST :LMAO

and 12 episode of why some guys religion is shit compared to yours just isn't in the running :thumbsup

Jay,

You are missing my point.

I do not seek to discredit Islam.

Merely highlighting that while it is true Christianity adopted/co-opted Pagan symbols and holidays, so has Islam.

Nothing more, nothing less.

jay28

EOG Dedicated

YouTube - Re: Is the Bible Corrupted?
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUNa5tPqaX0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUNa5tPqaX0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Jay,

You are missing my point.

I do not seek to discredit Islam.

Merely highlighting that while it is true Christianity adopted/co-opted Pagan symbols and holidays, so has Islam.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Joe, this is not about me. It's about you. What do you really know about Jesus? Was he God, Son of God, or just a prophet? Seems like you have a lot of investigation to do. There are lots of writings that early church especially The Council of Nicea removed from the bible. And later one they rewrote the bible. Thats the reason there are different kids of Bibles now a days. Each one differ from each other.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">jay i dont have to investigate as you told another poster here to do.
but this post is one of the most outlandsish posts ever here....
both of your first suggestions are just plain ludicrous.
obviously you have been brain washed by your wacked out religion.

maybe you should actually look at facts vs a fictional book that you seem to live by even though it is COMPLETE FICTION

There is one God and yours ain't it bud.
There is no Allah as you refer to him......hate that foryou.....

There is only one God and again it ain't Allah...
Yep Jesus was God's son..actually is God's son..
may they both have mercy on your corrupt soul.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Where would you stand if Rutgers adopted a mandatory Islamic studies program Joe?

What do you mean "if"?...

Jay,

What do I know about Jesus?...

Not a thing. Never met the guy. Lots of stuff out there, all sounding very believeable. But, in the end, it is all conjecture and interpretation.

It is also irrelevant.

Again, you miss the point.

Christianity is not about whether Jesus was God or the Son of God or a prophet.

Nor about disciples losing faith, missing books of the Bible or popes gone bad.

It is not about Jesus at all.

It is not even about God.

Be at Peace with yourself and everyone else and all things will take care of themselves.

jay28

EOG Dedicated

KTB, I'm still waiting for your reference in NT where God allowed eating Pork.

roflmao.

after my last post that is all you can come up with because you know im right.

im done with you...no point in continuing...

jay28

EOG Dedicated

roflmao.

after my last post that is all you can come up with because you know im right.

im done with you...no point in continuing...

Not that fast KTB, you haven't showed me anything.
Pork is forbidden in all Abrahamic religions i.e., Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
If you claim that it's allowed, prove it.

Jesus(pbuh) came to confirm the previous law not to break it. It's in the Bible.
God doesn't have a son. All the Prophets had same message. How is it possible that all of a sudden there is a God's son.

All religions, i.e., Judaism, Christianity, and Islam tell us to follow Abraham(pbuh) and he never was a trinitarian, remember that.

jay28

EOG Dedicated

YouTube - When Jesus Became God
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnsPyhJj9Mg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnsPyhJj9Mg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

KTB, I'm still waiting for your reference in NT where God allowed eating Pork.
Here it is Jay..................Mathew 42:21-25...........During the Last Supper...........Jesus said..............Blessed be the poor.................in my name.............Amen. Hey Omar..................Pass the pork Chops!

I think there are many posters here who are losing sight of the forest for the trees. There is no religion that can ever be "proven" to another. Religions are accepted (or not) strictly on faith. It is the act of "faith" that makes one a believer (or not). It is precisely this leap of faith that all believers must make which causes religion to hold such a integral position in the lives of many. After all, if there were objective "proof" of any particular religion, one would not be a "believer", rather, one would be a "knower", correct?
With that foundation in mind, there aren't enough Youtube clips or pasted passages from various religious texts to convince or sway anyone that any particular religion is "the one true word of God." Moreover, since this is mainly a gambling site, I would be willing to wager that not one single person who reads these forums has ever converted from one religion to another based on what has been written here.

P.S. - Please don't try to drag me into this crap as this is it for me on the "Great Religious War" on EOG. . . . :whatever:

dirty

EOG Master

Yes you are imposing your religion Jay... You are in here preaching every day. That is Imposing....

jay28

EOG Dedicated

woomera, did you like the last series "The secret family of Jesus".... :)

jay28

EOG Dedicated

Yes you are imposing your religion Jay... You are in here preaching every day. That is Imposing....

I'm sorry dirty, I thought I was preaching Christianity and Judaism :houra

You know, pork is forbidden.... :+textinb3