Clev....in over its head?

mofome

Banned
seems so. 26% shooting? they got off 4 more shots in the half and shot 1 more Ft but they're still getting hammered. the NBA is not entertaining at this point.

Re: Clev....in over its head?

The west is so much better than the east in the NBA that it is silly.
And with GM's like Billy Knight in the east you can count on that
trend to continue.

Just remember Dirty called it sour grapes when I predicted the rest of the playoffs would be unwatchable. Since the Suns were eliminated I have watched all of 3 quarters of basketball and may not watch another minute until November. I'm sure the ratings won't be a disaster since King James is playing, but these two results sure will put the rest of the ratings on ice if the Cavs can't win a couple games. I will say though at least a team got to 100, if the Pistons were there we may not have seen a team get to 85.

dirty

EOG Master

Just remember Dirty called it sour grapes when I predicted the rest of the playoffs would be unwatchable. Since the Suns were eliminated I have watched all of 3 quarters of basketball and may not watch another minute until November. I'm sure the ratings won't be a disaster since King James is playing, but these two results sure will put the rest of the ratings on ice if the Cavs can't win a couple games. I will say though at least a team got to 100, if the Pistons were there we may not have seen a team get to 85.

I didn't call it sour Grapes when YOu said the rest would be unwatchable... I actually agreed with you... as I wanted Phoenix and/or Dallas to advance as well... Where I called it sour grapes is blaming the Officials and the NBA for the Spurs advancing... They have played the Best Hoops in the post season overall and are showing it now... I have never liked their brand of Basketball, but I can appreciate Duncan for what he is and the other stars on that team Like Parker and Obe Wan Ginobli... Very Good players who play well together...then you throw in the other players like Horry, Bowen, etc.. and the intangibles and their experience gives them the edge over just about anyone that they play....

Its the role players and the borderline dirty crap they always use that pisses me off. You can't tell me Horry didn't at least hope for what happened when he went after Nash. You can't tell me Bowen's knee to the groin was completely unintentional. Further while I respect the overall talents of the Spurs Big 3, I hate that they revert to that shit flopping crap. The NBA obliges them when they choose to do it. Magic used to do it all the time too and I abhorred him and the Lakers for doing it and getting away with it. These are all talented players who can win by being good, not by being good at throwing their hands up in the air and then beating their opponents on the free throw line. Then again I have no idea if they are doing it now, I presume at home and with easy wins they haven't resorted to it yet. If the Cavs mount any pressure on them you know its coming. We'll just see if they get it or if the NBA wants to make this competitive and instead give the James' gang the officiating edge.

I don't hate the Spurs, I just think what so many of them do is ugly for the game. I don't like any players whining endlessly about calls, but whining doesn't change the outcome. Weak calls rewarding flopping do. That was my big beef with Game 4 of the Conference Finals, not that the Spurs won but that they were given the game because of the officials letting them get away with it.

dirty

EOG Master

Flopping and what they do is taught from the HS level on up.. your good defensive players have always done it and always will, it is part of their game...Nothing wrong with it IMO... the official has to call what he sees, he does not have the benefit of 5 angles at home on instant replay.

I suppose you're right about it Dirty, but doesn't mean I have to like it! I'll never forget seeing Ginobili get the call when he flopped from contact made by Earl Boykins. Boykins couldn't knock down a ref with a full head of steam, but some ref bought into Ginobili's flying backwards act that night.

dirty

EOG Master

I agree to some degree... I used to play Hoops in HS.. and as a 6'1" 170 lb. Shooting Guard small Forward I needed all the help I could get against guys 3-4 inches taller than me and quicker than me. I played against Dale Davis, Ken Swilling, and several other guys who went on to the NCAA D1 level at some sport or another... We did what we had to do to stay competitive on the Defensive end...I was a Freshman when Dale Davis was a Senior at Stephens County HS in Toccoa, Ga and this man was a Monster.. damn near Jumped over My head taking off from the timeline to dunk and me taking a charge from him... Knocked me into Next week when his Hip hit me in the forehead... But that was part of our game...