Serious question for you guys

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
How many police cars do you see within 30 yards of you every day? I am setting the minimum at 10 for me. That is a reflection of my neighborhood also as I do not get out often. Really, how many of you have a minimum of 10 police cars pass your home each day.

An exception is if you live near a police station or on a main road which it is typical. I reside off any main roads.

It is good for this neighborhood, but they sure don't come by as often after evening approaches and the Meth gang is starting to awake. :hung

The General

Re: Serious question for you guys

Sorta the same thing I am thinking Jimmy. Been telling the cook it is time to move, but damn I got a rate I hate to give up. Maybe I rent it and let someone else pay it off for me?

I would say my town has a decent police 'presence' compared to the amount of crime happening.

pete.......im in the same position!

but....i live right by the projects!

you dont live in the projects do you?

The General

I live in the hood Shawn and I suspect it is close to the same as projects?

I live in the hood Shawn and I suspect it is close to the same as projects?

projects around here mean public housing....for people with very little income.

mostly welfare recipients....single mothers....lotsa drinking and drug problems

How many police cars do you see within 30 yards of you every day? I am setting the minimum at 10 for me. That is a reflection of my neighborhood also as I do not get out often. Really, how many of you have a minimum of 10 police cars pass your home each day.

An exception is if you live near a police station or on a main road which it is typical. I reside off any main roads.

It is good for this neighborhood, but they sure don't come by as often after evening approaches and the Meth gang is starting to awake. :hung

ZERO!!!

But then again, I live in a 80 home community surrounded by 15 foot high walls and electric fences with 10 armed security guards after 7 pm. An English buddy of mine moved into a house 4 kilmoters up the street last April, they just finished the complex, didn't have the electric fences and security guards when he moved in and shortly after he took a bullet in the leg trying to stop theives entering his house. I had just dropped him off a couple hours before and we had been drinking all day. He called me as he lay on his floor bleeding to death. He could only say my name.....and then nothing. I thought he was drunk and passed out so I didn't pay any attention to it..... until the cops called me and said he was in the hospital having vascular surgery. Thank god he didn't die or I would've had that on my head for the rest of my life.:smokesmal

The General

That is not a good story man. Sorry about your friend. We don't have a lot of killings yet but business is picking up.

That is not a good story man. Sorry about your friend. We don't have a lot of killings yet but business is picking up.

LOL....well, he lived. And has recovered nicely. But was truly amazing. He lost a little over half the blood he had in his body. I filmed his house the next day with my DVD-Cam. Looked like someone had butchered two cows. He's really lucky....no thanks to me!!:rolleyes:

Where I am, I see at least ten police cars/motorcycles a day passing by with their sirens ON. Makes hearing "Judge Judy" really hard sometimes.

The General

Been here since 1998. It was so peaceful back then. I MEAN PEACEFUL! Now, does anyone want to guess the reason for pickup in crime and decreasing property value?

Hint: A couple guys are in jail for trying to prevent it.

Been here since 1998. It was so peaceful back then. I MEAN PEACEFUL! Now, does anyone want to guess the reason for pickup in crime and decreasing property value?

Hint: A couple guys are in jail for trying to prevent it.

ILLEGALS!

Easily see more than ten per day, and I don't really hit the 'hood very often. The God-fearin' people of Texas loves them some cops, and will tax themselves silly to pay for some extra. I drive a lot during the day, and every little pissant, two-bit town surrounding and between Dallas and Fort Worth has to have its own SWAT Unit, DWI Taskforce, Zero-Tolerance Patrol, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, Gang Squad, DARE Unit, Fugitive Apprehension, K-9, Narcotics Interdiction, and a multitude of other tuff-soundin' catchphrases that fit neatly on a vehicle decal just to show how much law-enforcin' they're doin'.
Of course, I have the honor of helping to provide the public teat that all these "Protectors" suck on. . . .

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i live 2 doors down from the Chief of Police for the city (cool guy although NO mistaking he is a cop - NONE!)

you tell me :+textinb3

haven't seen a cop car in 10 years where I live, unless they're dropping my drunk ass home of course

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

same here.just a couple years ago it was very peaceful here too.let me say this.now its not peaceful.all it took was one 'thug' i guess is the politically correct way to put it.this thug moved a few doors down in the complex i live in.well him and his brother was dealing dope,having their car stereo booming bass at 2 in morning,fighting outside,etc.then his 'cousin' moved in upstairs.there went the neighborhood or shall i now say 'hood'.i'm moving the fuck out come tax time.

The General

I used to only carry Busch Beer for years, but now I have to carry and 5th of Whiskey, 2 shotguns and a .38 on me.

WE DONT EVEN HAVE POLICE HERE IN MY TOWN. :+clueless

PAY ALMOST 15G A YEAR IN PROPERTY TAXES (FOR WHAT?) AND WE
HAVE THE STATE POLICE PATROL WHEN NEEDED.
NO HIGH SCHOOL EITHER. HAVE TO BUS THE KIDS TO THE NEXT
TOWN.

NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS EITHER IN TOWN.

TOWNSHIP NOW MANDATED A 10 ACRE MINIMUM FOR NEW BUILDING
AS WELL.

CRAZY. :rolleyes:

BUT I AM ON A MAIN DRAG (SO TO SPEAK) AND TOWNSHIP BUILDING IS
DOWN THE BLOCK, SO WE GET TO TO SEE ENOUGH STATE TROOPERS PASSING THROUGH.

MOSTLY FOR DEER THAT RAN INTO CARS. :finger004

AND BEFORE YOU THINK I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, JUST ABOUT
10 MINUTES FROM I95 (NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE) AND MINUTES FROM
SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

projects around here mean public housing....for people with very little income.

mostly welfare recipients....single mothers....lotsa drinking and drug problems

drunk single moms.....damn gotti that is prime real estate. as they say, location location location

Some of you sound like a bunch of women...

TOO MANY POLICE,

NO POLICE,

I PAY MY TAXES BUT...

I WON'T COME IN YOUR MOUTH EITHER!!! :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

The General

I'll take a Dr. Pepper and a million Dollars, too!

--Quote Courtesy of a friend. ;)

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Where there's police, there's potential trouble

The higher the concentration, the greater potential for trouble

There doesn't happen to be a donut shop nearby?

The General

I am not making this chit up.

I sit here looking out the window and some girl comes running out the corner house with a guy chasing her. Man, he swings good but backs off then runs back into house. The girl stays outside laying on the ground. 3 police cars show up and head into house. Then one officer comes flying out behind some bushes and takes down a guy on a bike. Soon thereafter 2 men are in cuffs and the girl still sits on the sidewalk crying. Man, we need some of them cop shows in my neighborhood soon.

:D

Now there are 4 police cars. LOL

Spread all over the street.

damn cops set up every where around here trying to catch you speeding then pin something else on ya

Dante

EOG Veteran

I'll take a Dr. Pepper and a million Dollars, too!

--Quote Courtesy of a friend. ;)

hey !! :cocktail you drinking my drink now Gen?

I see one cop car right next door to me all the time as my neighbor is a State trooper.. he also lights the biggest illegal Rockets off on the 4th :LMAO awesome stuff

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Really, how many of you have a minimum of 10 police cars pass your home each day?
_____

The Munchkin Man not only has at least 10 police cars pass by his home every day.

The Munchkin Man is willing to bet that he has at least 10 police cars pass by his home every hour.

The Munchkin Man lives right on the outskirts of downtown Norfolk, Virginia, where there can be a lot of crime activity.

The Munchkin Man lives in one of these high rise apartment buildings, with full time security guards patrolling indoors and outside in the parking lots around the clock.

However, this didn't stop the drug addict who broke inside the Munchkin Man's car one night, and who apparently left in a panic, leaving several syringes and over 100 pills inside the Munchkin Man's car.

Amazingly, nothing was stolen.

Munchkin Man

The General

Hey Dante. :D No, I just thought that saying was funny when I heard it.

Does the trooper gamble?

:)

The General

Maybe I should tell everyone that asks why I am such a hermit that i am because it is dangerous out there on them streets. Hell, even the redneck hillbilly's sitting in the truck wanted to kick my arse. I am a lone Marine here.

The General

Ask him what he thinks of the gambling legislation added to the port security bill. I ask all kinds of people.

Dante

EOG Veteran

Ask him what he thinks of the gambling legislation added to the port security bill. I ask all kinds of people.
doubt a state trooper even knows what that is but next time ill ask if I get a chance

The General

I talked about it with a state trooper sitting in the barber shop. He didn't react much as i looked out the corner of my eye.