Mo how many sets a day are you doing?? talk to me hammer.

Re: Mo how many sets a day are you doing?? talk to me hammer.

One day in the outfield at college baseball practice, the guy I was shagging flies with tells me, "I did 200 push ups before practice". I looked him dead in the eye and said "So what? I did 10 bong hits."

mofome

Banned

sets of what? depends on the exercise...here is what i try to do...i really spend more time in the gym talking than anything else but at least i get in there 4-5 times a week.

chest day i'll start on the bench. i'll warm up with 135, then i'll do a 2nd warm up at 245, then ill do 315 and then lately ive been doing 365 for 1-2 depending on the day, but that last 'set' is fairly useless. then i do two sets where i have 315 and i do it a few times, take off 1 plate on each side, and rep out with 225. then i go to incline.
on the incline i'll do the 135, then 225, then i'll see how many times i can get 300....normally 4. then i'll do that one more time and i go back down for a set of 10-12 reps. from there i either do cables or a decline but i dont really like either. i normally end with incline flies. 4-5 sets there and im done. i used to love dumbells but i can do 120s 8-9 times on the inclide which is the biggest we've got and thats not really gonna make me stronger. same with flat bench, just kinda pointless with the dumbells which sucks because i want to switch things up sometimes.

with back i do lat pull downs with a wide grip, then the close grip, and then i'll do some rows. normally 5 sets of each and sometimes on back day i'll do some bicepts but i really never lift arms.

then the next day i'll do shoulders. i start with dumbell shoulder press. i'll warm up with 45s, then go to 65s, then 80s, and my heavy set i'll do 95s about 7 times. we dont have 100s anymore...for some reason, and i cant jump to 105s. then i'll go to a military press on the smith machine and do a few sets but sometimes (last night) it gives my shoulder some problems and i stop. after that i try to superset some upright rows with shrugs but i dont always do it that way.

then my least favorite day which is legs...and i normally find a reason to skip that day.

i need a better program but i just kinda keep doing the same thing and im not really movin up much. part is my diet, part is stuck in the same routine, part is drinking too much, and part is just not workin hard enough when im in there.

andrew748

Banned

shagging flies :LMAO

what does that mean?

and is it as funny as the image in my head right now? :LMAO :LMAO

wildemu

EOG Member

sets of what? depends on the exercise...here is what i try to do...i really spend more time in the gym talking than anything else but at least i get in there 4-5 times a week.

chest day i'll start on the bench. i'll warm up with 135, then i'll do a 2nd warm up at 245, then ill do 315 and then lately ive been doing 365 for 1-2 depending on the day, but that last 'set' is fairly useless. then i do two sets where i have 315 and i do it a few times, take off 1 plate on each side, and rep out with 225. then i go to incline.
on the incline i'll do the 135, then 225, then i'll see how many times i can get 300....normally 4. then i'll do that one more time and i go back down for a set of 10-12 reps. from there i either do cables or a decline but i dont really like either. i normally end with incline flies. 4-5 sets there and im done. i used to love dumbells but i can do 120s 8-9 times on the inclide which is the biggest we've got and thats not really gonna make me stronger. same with flat bench, just kinda pointless with the dumbells which sucks because i want to switch things up sometimes.

with back i do lat pull downs with a wide grip, then the close grip, and then i'll do some rows. normally 5 sets of each and sometimes on back day i'll do some bicepts but i really never lift arms.

then the next day i'll do shoulders. i start with dumbell shoulder press. i'll warm up with 45s, then go to 65s, then 80s, and my heavy set i'll do 95s about 7 times. we dont have 100s anymore...for some reason, and i cant jump to 105s. then i'll go to a military press on the smith machine and do a few sets but sometimes (last night) it gives my shoulder some problems and i stop. after that i try to superset some upright rows with shrugs but i dont always do it that way.

then my least favorite day which is legs...and i normally find a reason to skip that day.

i need a better program but i just kinda keep doing the same thing and im not really movin up much. part is my diet, part is stuck in the same routine, part is drinking too much, and part is just not workin hard enough when im in there.

already more than JMAN, you entered a gym.

Journeyman

EOG Master

THE SMITH MACHINE IS VERY DIFFICULT TO ADJUST TO I HAVE A BAD SHOULDER NOW AND i CAN'T DO THEM CORRECT, i would love to able to use that thing with real weight as it is safer and feels great to me... but my shoulder wonT allow proper range of motion.

ARE YOU TAKING ANYTHING?

WHAT THE HELL... YOU NEVER DO ARMS?

CLOSE GRIPS ARE GREAT FOR TRICEPS BUT KILL THE WRISTS...I USE TO DO THE VERY HEAVY BUT MY WRISTS JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...I PLAYED SOCCER IN COLLEGE SO ALWAYS HAD GREAT CALVES, NOW DAYS I DON'T PLAY AND MY CALVES SUCK.

I WILL POST MORE I AM IN BETWEEEN SETS HERE...I NEED TO GET BACK ...I TOOK A MONTH OFF AND ALL I DO IS EAT SINCE I WORK FROM HOME.

Journeyman

EOG Master

MO- YOU NEED TO FOCUS MORE ON MACHINES AND CABLES , GET THE SHOULDERS RIPPED AND DO BICEPS...YOU ARE WASTING TOO MUCH ENERGY IN ONE AREA IN MY OPINION.

Journeyman

EOG Master

One day in the outfield at college baseball practice, the guy I was shagging flies with tells me, "I did 200 push ups before practice". I looked him dead in the eye and said "So what? I did 10 bong hits."

Is there anything greater than shagging fly balls, I am dead serious, not sure it got any better than that?

maybe BP :thumbsup

Nothing like diving around the outfield on a sunny summer day. Btw, I lied that day, had probably only done 3 or 4. But I figured he was bullshitting about the push ups.

mofome

Banned

THE SMITH MACHINE IS VERY DIFFICULT TO ADJUST TO I HAVE A BAD SHOULDER NOW AND i CAN'T DO THEM CORRECT, i would love to able to use that thing with real weight as it is safer and feels great to me... but my shoulder wonT allow proper range of motion.

ARE YOU TAKING ANYTHING?

WHAT THE HELL... YOU NEVER DO ARMS?

CLOSE GRIPS ARE GREAT FOR TRICEPS BUT KILL THE WRISTS...I USE TO DO THE VERY HEAVY BUT MY WRISTS JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE...I PLAYED SOCCER IN COLLEGE SO ALWAYS HAD GREAT CALVES, NOW DAYS I DON'T PLAY AND MY CALVES SUCK.

I WILL POST MORE I AM IN BETWEEEN SETS HERE...I NEED TO GET BACK ...I TOOK A MONTH OFF AND ALL I DO IS EAT SINCE I WORK FROM HOME.

well when you do back you work your bicepts and on chest day i work my tricepts and i really dont enjoy doing curls and shit much anyway.

i played soccer in college and i dont have shit for legs anymore. that was year ago.

i need to get some cardio, abs, and more arm work into my routine, but i normally get up to the gym around 9:30...i talk for a ton of the time im there, and it closes at 11. i need to get more discipline there...like with most everything else i do.

Journeyman

EOG Master

LOL- Judge it was probable over off of Sulpher Spring Rd or Rolling Road too I bet....that area has been brutally hit by violence lately Judge. home invasions and theres a serial burgler still running around there been all over the news....

I was in Mike's Pizza last week, those pies just aren't what they use to be, the owner passed away, guy next stpore who owned the liquor store is having a benfit because he had cancer bad....place just felt ancient to me..... we use to catch the 3 straight to Arbutus when we didn't feel like risking our lives waiting for the 28 bus.

mofome

Banned

Is there anything greater than shagging fly balls, I am dead serious, not sure it got any better than that?

maybe BP :thumbsup

i used to play ss and inf...i loved catching grounders. catching fly balls was ok....but it was fairly easy and that got boring.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I ALSO played soccer in college, wow.

a very well known school in the area.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I hate squats personally...I try and get around them especially these days I bike a lot still...

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I'm gonna say Mo played at george mason or james madison and I'm gonna guess JMan played at towson or md-bc.

mofome

Banned

i played d-1 at mt st marys for a year, then i left school, then i played some basketball and soccer in cc. i played on travel soccer teams from about age 8/9-18. went to fla, ny, nj, nc, and a bunch of other places for tourneys. i actually went to school out towards you, ches cc for a year.

mofome

Banned

i cannot believe you hate curls, very strange.

curls get so boring. i would warm up with 35, then go to 50s, then do 65s 4 times or so and go back down. then do then seated and then do them on the incline. i cant really do curls with the straight bar because it fucks with my wrists.

squats i fucking hate. they're great, but i dont do'em.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Wrong, further north ZZ, and a much better school for soccer at the time...I should have stuck with baseball but back when I was playing soccer was very popular in Balto.

Journeyman

EOG Master

best tripecs exercise- bar none, is single arm DB extensions.

JM, Mike's always had the best pies in town. Hadn't heard that RR, SSR area was going to shit. Fucking shame.

Journeyman

EOG Master

They sure seemed damn good back before Dominos and all the chains Willie.

I stop in from time to time if I'm over that way just for old time sake but always wonder WTF I bought that pizza for after I eat it. LOL

And of course everywhere you go in Arb. they have bumper stickers saying 'Don't blame me, I voted for Erlich'...O'Malley is F ing up royally.

remember the 'dunk courts' Willie? : )

mofome

Banned

Wrong, further north ZZ, and a much better school for soccer at the time...I should have stuck with baseball but back when I was playing soccer was very popular in Balto.

baseball was my best sport. i wish i had stuck with it but i had to choose once soccer was truly year round and baseball was getting closer. i went with soccer because i had a soccer game that weekend and that was it. baseball was my best sport.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

St. Mary's! Wow! I am very impressed...............you have to be really smart to go there. I was lucky to get into PGCC!:cheers :cheers

P.S. JMan, the only other program I know your way is Johns hopkins.........................I know most bars on rt.1 though....................LOL.

Journeyman

EOG Master

My problem is I can't stop eating anymore...thankfully I have a fast metabolism still or I would probably be a whopper.

andrew748

Banned

i can get IT up

that's really all that matters to me, luckily i have a personality to make return visits a proposal.

anyway you gays go push some iron.

but the next time either of you sporting studs cries "no sports info" i will be a tad upset ok

mofome

Banned

St. Mary's! Wow! I am very impressed...............you have to be really smart to go there. I was lucky to get into PGCC!:cheers :cheers

P.S. JMan, the only other program I know your way is Johns hopkins.........................I know most bars on rt.1 though....................LOL.

zz

mt st marys up in northern md. st marys is a d-III school. the mount is d-I

:+excited-

sl55

EOG Veteran

i can get IT up

that's really all that matters to me, luckily i have a personality to make return visits a proposal.

anyway you gays go push some iron.

but the next time either of you sporting studs cries "no sports info" i will be a tad upset ok
:cheers :cheers :cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

Near JH...I would rather not give that away because there are many articles about the team and my name is in them ...last night it was home movie night and I didn't even realize I gave out that info...on the net you can never be too sure I guess...although there's nothing to hide anyway.

Rt1 eh? I guess you were farther down towards DC or up by Elkridge? theres a few biker dive bars up in Elkridge...you heard Wild Bill hagy died right, i think we talked about that...pretty sure it was you...getting old.

mofome

Banned

<TABLE id=Table2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=text width=75 bgColor=#ffffff height=75> <TD><TD class=text width=15 bgColor=#ffffff height=75> </TD></TD><TD class=text style="WORD-WRAP: break-word" align=left width=193 bgColor=#ffffff height=75>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thats my pic from yesterday. i need to work on the arms, abs, and some legs shit. its harder to do legs because not many girls care about legs and i care about girls.

:+excited-

as far as when you asked about taking anything...i have a protein shake 2-3 times a week. either whey or a muscle milk. muscle milk is delicious, but it has a lot of fat. i eat enough fat when i eat pizza, wings and sammiches all day

:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Near JH...I would rather not give that away because there are many articles about the team and my name is in them ...last night it was home movie night and I didn't even realize I gave out that info...on the net you can never be too sure I guess...although there's nothing to hide anyway.

Rt1 eh? I guess you were farther down towards DC or up by Elkridge? theres a few biker dive bars up in Elkridge...you heard Wild Bill hagy died right, i think we talked about that...pretty sure it was you...getting old.
I'm from PG, went to Potomac, we were pretty good at all of our sports. I got my degree at Laurel and Bowie, Pimlico,etc.etc.. I miss judge Wapner......he's from catonsville.

sl55

EOG Veteran

I'm from PG, went to Potomac, we were pretty good at all of our sports. I got my degree at Laurel and Bowie, Pimlico,etc.etc.. I miss judge Wapner......he's from catonsville.
Bowie,you must be old school,I grew up less than a mile from there.That place closed down years and years ago,I still play laurel and pimlico when they are running up here at the OC simmy track.:cheers

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Bowie,you must be old school,I grew up less than a mile from there.That place closed down years and years ago,I still play laurel and pimlico when they are running up here at the OC simmy track.:cheers
I loved Bowie..............got a vial of dirt when they closed in 85. i walked hots on Blueberry Hill in the 70's. I went by there last year, tons of big mansions there now. A side note, bowie and potomac are built identical. So when you go to the other school, you know exactly where you're going. Good golf around there too, Enterprise, Bowie , and a few I can't remember their names. I had a girlfriend in Bowie too, very hot. I remember listening to the Greaseman tell a Sgt Slaughter bit about Nam, the day I was shipping out for korea in 84. Lots of memories between laurel and bowie. Could write a book about the starting gate and the deuce................LOL.