The worst rookie of the year ever

mofome

Banned
pedroia wouldnt get you any teams top prospect in return. he has less hrs and rbi than bradan fucking harris. the guy wouldnt start over cano, roberts or hill in his own division. he hits 8hrs and knocks in 50 in a great lineup in over 500 abs...

braun, a real rookie of the year, hits 34 hr, knocks in over 90, bats well over .300 and did so in under 500abs. i dont know if tim lincecum got any first votes for rookie of the year and he is 30 times better at baseball than dustin. dustin is a cute little firecracker that plays on the media darling red sox, but fuck was it a bad year for rooks in the american league. hes a 5-4 pantload that has no power or speed. he would have been 9th in the nl. where are all the real prospects?
:+clueless

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: The worst rookie of the year ever

I have a worse one...

Walt Weiss:

.250, 3 HR, 39 RBI, .312 OBP

IGGY

Banned

He's further along at this age than Roberts was.

Batted .317, 86 runs, 39 doubles in only 139 games.

Very clutch in the ALCS.

Not exactly a rookie year to be ashamed of.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

You are DEAD WRONG MOFOME. Anyone who knows baseball will tell you how good Pedroia is. Forget all the comparisons. Is he a good player? He is a heck of a player with great instincts. Not a lousy rookie of the year choice by any means.

your is still smarting about this! what's the problem.

cano/hill/roberts have never hit a homerun to lead off a world series game either or in any inning for that matter and prolly never will!

face it!! the guy is gritty and plays hard everyday!! that doesn't show in numbers. he out hustles those other guy!! that's the bottom line!!

he is not going to put up the big power numbers and the sox don't steal. he plays above avg defense, hits for avg and hustles. This is what you look for in a second baseman!

but if you want numbers he is on par with the 3 you mention.

roberts 2004. 159 games .273/5/53

cano 2005. 132 games .297/14/62

hill 2006. 155 games .291/6/50

pedroia 2007. 139 games .317/8/50

he compares with all of them.

2008 160 games .305/12/75 IMO!!:+excited-

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Wasnt Brauns Fielding percentage at 3rd this year one the the worst in the HISTORTY OF 3rd base, just curious.......And Braun OPS vs RHP was a mere .840 which is ok, with a .319 obp.........His stats vs LHP were SICK, but who cares about that.......

Hitdogg

savage1

EOG Member

As a Sox diehard since the early 50's, I was very pleasantly surprised at the season Pedroia had and think he was worth of the award hands down.
At the end of the 2006 season when he was called up and at the beginning of the 200t season, franly I thought he was awful and would be benched or sent down to Pawtuchet or even traded.
I was soon proven wrong, and for the remainder of the season he was phenomenal and amazing with his clutch hitting, ability to get on base, and in general make things happend;he was also very steady in the field.
Along with Lowell,Beckett, Papelbon and of course Manny and Ortiz(the latter two who had ok but not great years for them) I consider Pedroia to have been instrumental to leading the Sox to another World Series;I never thought I would say this, but I think he has a great career ahead of him with the potential to be as good or almost as good as such clutch and fine players as Derek Jeter.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

Welcome to the show savage! Anyone remember Hinske winning it a few years ago? He turned out to be one of the best bench-warmers in the biz.

savage1

EOG Member

To change the subject, I just read where Todd Jones signed a one year contract for 7 million;boy the owners of the teams must be pretty rich to throw $7 million at that flash-in-the-pan overachiever for one season, a player who couldn't cut it with the Red Sox.

DEMON

Banned

To change the subject, I just read where Todd Jones signed a one year contract for 7 million;boy the owners of the teams must be pretty rich to throw $7 million at that flash-in-the-pan overachiever for one season, a player who couldn't cut it with the Red Sox.

Pretty fair price.

mofome

Banned

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

:fishing:

mofome

Banned

Wasnt Brauns Fielding percentage at 3rd this year one the the worst in the HISTORTY OF 3rd base, just curious.......And Braun OPS vs RHP was a mere .840 which is ok, with a .319 obp.........His stats vs LHP were SICK, but who cares about that.......

Hitdogg

there are so many things in this thread that i would love to take a giant dump on, but the purpose of this thread was just to rile up the masses and its done so. even still...i have a hard time passing up on some of whats just sitting there waiting to be knocked out.

:cocktail

there are so many things in this thread that i would love to take a giant dump on, but the purpose of this thread was just to rile up the masses and its done so. even still...i have a hard time passing up on some of whats just sitting there waiting to be knocked out.

:cocktail

I wish i was pedroia keeps in fantasy :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Some people (DROOL) when they see logan's boyfriend. 99.9% do not and (LMAO)

mofome

Banned

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

logans bf aint the best ever. logans new pics are not her best. i should tell her to upgrade them bad boys. cee has new shirtless pics on his myspace.

:+excited-

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

logans bf aint the best ever. logans new pics are not her best. i should tell her to upgrade them bad boys. cee has new shirtless pics on his myspace.

:+excited-

I think she's H still. But her new bf is (DIO) I wish i knew that's all u hafta be to get logan. Cee (CRY)

mofome

Banned

I think she's H still. But her new bf is (DIO) I wish i knew that's all u hafta be to get logan. Cee (CRY)

yeah, shes hot as shit, the pic just sucks. her face was sunburned a few days before and it makes her looks like d poo poo.

yeah, shes hot as shit, the pic just sucks. her face was sunburned a few days before and it makes her looks like d poo poo.

I can't believe (DIO) men are with all (DROOL) ladies. cee (ANGRY)

Todd Jones has had a pretty nice career, sorry he couldn't cut it with the Red Sox. Tigers had to sign him, Zumala hurt his should moving his family in the SoCal wildfires. He will miss half the season.