Golfing Is Not a Sport

According to the resident braniac mofome. Can anyone else say with a straight face that golfing is NOT a sport?

I guess we should all listen to mofome because he has 25,000 posts and a net worth in the hundreds...

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: Golfing Is Not a Sport

golfing is a sport i play it and it requires skill and endurance unless you take a cart but it is still a sport just like billiards is a sport.

quote=mofome;962237]you're comical, son. ive been in enough fights, i didnt need to fight the guy, i got much more pleasure out of watching him, watch me, fuck up his car. it was great.

tough streets of york? you ever been to york? the city is small, but its a pretty rough little city.

if i touched your car? if you said what you just did, infront of my face, i would smash your car and then your head.[/quote]

If that doesn't work, Ball Rash will shoot you. Word!

mofome

Banned

quote=mofome;962237]you're comical, son. ive been in enough fights, i didnt need to fight the guy, i got much more pleasure out of watching him, watch me, fuck up his car. it was great.

tough streets of york? you ever been to york? the city is small, but its a pretty rough little city.

if i touched your car? if you said what you just did, infront of my face, i would smash your car and then your head.

If that doesn't work, Ball Rash will shoot you. Word![/quote]

quoting must be harder than it looks.

:+clueless

If that doesn't work, Ball Rash will shoot you. Word!

quoting must be harder than it looks.

:+clueless[/quote]

Great comeback; I don't have 25,000 posts so my forum skills are not up to par. Guess you like to avoid the issue of your threats.

CASSIUS CLAY

EOG Enthusiast

According to the resident braniac mofome. Can anyone else say with a straight face that golfing is NOT a sport?

I guess we should all listen to mofome because he has 25,000 posts and a net worth in the hundreds...
the mofome man has 33.96 posts per day !! day & night.... night & day..... 24 hours a day ! i don't know if he even sleeps !! and am quite sure he does not play golf !! but if he does i bet it's on his computer some how !!:cocktail

Little kids post smiley faces when they lack anything intelligent to say. Congrats for outing yourself...

mofome

Banned

how many times is the same person gonna reply here?

if there is no one trying to keep you from having success, you arent playing a sport. if there is no person trying to stop you from doing your best, you're simply not playing a sport. you're not an athlete. athletes can play golf, but playing golf doesnt make you an athlete.

simple enough

mofome

Banned

Little kids post smiley faces when they lack anything intelligent to say. Congrats for outing yourself...

yeah, thats because they can come up with gems like "stupid moron" or post pictures of other guys.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

:cheers

how many times is the same person gonna reply here?

if there is no one trying to keep you from having success, you arent playing a sport. if there is no person trying to stop you from doing your best, you're simply not playing a sport. you're not an athlete. athletes can play golf, but playing golf doesnt make you an athlete.

simple enough

You really are stupid; OTHER GOLFERS ARE TRYING TO KEEP THE GOLFER THEY ARE PLAYING AGAINST FROM HAVING SUCCESS. Do you get that college dropout?

mofome

Banned

You really are stupid; OTHER GOLFERS ARE TRYING TO KEEP THE GOLFER THEY ARE PLAYING AGAINST FROM HAVING SUCCESS. Do you get that college dropout?

no, no one is stopping you from doing your best on every shot. there is no one trying to stop you from doing anything. you just walk around, hit a ball, walk to it, and everyone gets to do their best. neat.

I agree with mofome..:bank: and subcribe to this theory below...

In order to be a sport, an activity must fulfill only two major criteria. First, it must be, on some level, physically active. Second, and more importantly, it must be the immediate, reactive physical implementation of a strategy designed to beat an opponent.

This eliminates a lot of the pastimes that we typically refer to as sports. Golf, for one, is a turn-based competition where your play is independent of your opponent’s. While your strategy might be tailored to your opponent’s score — perhaps taking necessary risks to close a deficit, or playing conservatively with a large lead — there is no active, direct response to an opponent’s action that must be translated into a physical performance. This makes it a game, on equal footing with bowling, billiards, archery, etc.

This is also why the sports that are highest on the food chain are those that involve two competitors acting directly against one another simultaneously. Football, boxing, tennis and basketball all fall into this category; hence, they are all sports

BigDaddy

EOG Master

I fail to see that logic...

mo doesnt and you agree with him?

he left out baseball also:+clueless

"This is also why the sports that are highest on the food chain are those that involve two competitors acting directly against one another simultaneously. Football, boxing, tennis and basketball all fall into this category; hence, they are all sports"

When an 80 year old can get a hole in one, you consider that a sport? :LMAO

Who did he/she beat?

Rxx

EOG Veteran

I agree with mofome..:bank: and subcribe to this theory below...

In order to be a sport, an activity must fulfill only two major criteria. First, it must be, on some level, physically active. Second, and more importantly, it must be the immediate, reactive physical implementation of a strategy designed to beat an opponent.

This eliminates a lot of the pastimes that we typically refer to as sports. Golf, for one, is a turn-based competition where your play is independent of your opponent?s. While your strategy might be tailored to your opponent?s score ? perhaps taking necessary risks to close a deficit, or playing conservatively with a large lead ? there is no active, direct response to an opponent?s action that must be translated into a physical performance.

Golf is a sport.

Walking courses for four consective days, week after week, in the heat of summer requires good physical conditioning. Part of Tiger's success is due to his work ethic off the course and in the weight room. If you didnt see the PGA tournament at Southern Hills you didnt see how those lacking good conditioning fell apart.

Golf is about you against the course in medal play and you against your opponent in match play. There obviously isnt an immediate physical reaction to your opponent, but there is certainly a plan of attack to the course that is altered under changing conditions of weather or the actions of your match play opponent or the field.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

The opposing team in my bowling league bought beers to impair our motor skills. That makes bowling a sport. :smokesmal

Santo

EOG Veteran

Don't get me started on the definition of sport, games and play :p

mofome

Banned

baseball is obviously a sport. its silly to suggest that its anything like golf. you see some baseball, basketball, and football players and you say damn, those guys could probably be good at anything. you dont see many golfers and say, man, that guy could have been a helluva running back. golfers arent athletes. athletes can play golf, but playing golf doesnt make you an athlete. in golf there is no one trying to stop you from doing anything and you dont have to react, immediately, to anything. golfers are the guys that werent good at sports.

mofome

Banned

Looks like Tiger Woods is getting paid very well for hobby. Golf is a sport.

that makes no sense. the best in the world gets paid well, so its a sport? obviously that is ridiculous reasoning, but that hasnt stopped you from using it.

that makes no sense. the best in the world gets paid well, so its a sport? obviously that is ridiculous reasoning, but that hasnt stopped you from using it.

Another intelligent observation from the college dropout. You couldn't drive a ball 100 yards.

MCP

sport /spɔrt, spoʊrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spawrt, spohrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">1.</td><td valign="top">an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.</td></tr></tbody></table>

additionally...

Mofome /FAYGOT/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[FAYGOT] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. A homosexual whose life revolves around a posting forum, also known as a Journeyman.
2. a shut-in detached from reality and the outside world.

sport /spɔrt, spoʊrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spawrt, spohrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation ?noun <TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD class=dn vAlign=top>1.</TD><TD vAlign=top>an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

additionally...

Mofome /FAYGOT/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[FAYGOT] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?noun
1. A homosexual whose life revolves around a posting forum, also known as a Journeyman.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

mofome

Banned

sport /spɔrt, spoʊrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spawrt, spohrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation ?noun <TABLE class=luna-Ent><TBODY><TR><TD class=dn vAlign=top>1.</TD><TD vAlign=top>an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

additionally...

?noun

hard to predict the ghosting scam artist doesnt like me. that hurts. i shit on you, so you are defensive. thats fine. remember, im not the one that made you a scumbag scammer, you did that on your own.
:cheers