Does the Steroid Era give Pete Rose a chance at the H.O.F.?

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Pete Rose needs to be in the Hall Of Fame, Do you think with all the evidence on steroids and HGH that he will eventually get in? It will be total B.S. if Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, etc... make the Hall Of Fame and Pete Rose is still on the outside looking in.

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Does the Steroid Era give Pete Rose a chance at the H.O.F.?

I dont think it's the same.

answer NO

These players are cheating to get an edge, Rose was just a highly competitive guy and was addicted to gambling. He never bet against his team, he never fixed games or anything so I dont see why he cant get in. Im not saying what he did was ok but its no different than players using roids imo.

Nope doesn't change anything except he will whine some more.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yea I know, you make an interesting point, good points for sure.

I don't think they will relate though, Rose in fact is no longer even eligible to get in.

Unless they made a special exemption he can't even get in now...he is no longer eligible.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Just give up this thought okay because they will never ever let him back in. Rose is the poster child for everyone else to look at and learn that the league can fix games but don't do this bend their backs. Forget it. You can do anything you want and be reinstated but you go behind the leagues back and get caught gambling like this you committed the number one crime in these hypocrites book.

sl55

EOG Veteran

Rose should be in based on his ON field accomplishments period.If they want to put an astorix that he gambled,big fuckin deal.At least acknowledge the fact that he played balls out for the team on every play.

rainbow

EOG Master

Rose should be in based on his ON field accomplishments period.If they want to put an astorix that he gambled,big fuckin deal.At least acknowledge the fact that he played balls out for the team on every play.
YOU COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER. HIS TROUBLES WERE WHEN HE WAS A MANAGER, NOT WHEN HE WAS PLAYING. I THINK ITS 100% WRONG WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO HIM. NOBODY BUT NOBODY PLAYED THE GAME AS HARD AS HIM EVERYDAY, IT DIDN'T MATTER WHAT THE SCORE WAS HE WAS STILL PLAYING HARD EVERY SINGLE DAY HE PLAYED THE GAME....

beckster311

EOG Member

I think the allegations now are worse than that against Pete.
He should be up on every ballot that comes up to get in. Regardless of the above statement, I believe he's been shafted for quite some time...

Pete Rose still did more potential harm than those players. Not hard to figure out that gambling was/is illegal. Why do think David Stern moved quickly about that ref too?

ktb

The best chance he has at getting in is to stop lobbying for himself to get in during interviews, at autograph shows, etc... he'd get forgiven a lot faster

Agree 100%. HOF should be for what you do on the playing field. If you fuk up outside the playing field, include it in their biography.
Nobody gave more effort on the ballfield than Rose.

LLXC

EOG Veteran

Rose deserves to be in the HOF...

dirty

EOG Master

Yea I know, you make an interesting point, good points for sure.

I don't think they will relate though, Rose in fact is no longer even eligible to get in.

Unless they made a special exemption he can't even get in now...he is no longer eligible.

The Veterans Committee can Vote him in at any time after he is reinstated

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

Sorry, Rose will NEVER be in the HOF, what he did is worse for the game, betting on sports, when you are actually playing in the game is as low as it gets.