NY Reb's College Bowl thread

I will keep a running record of all my bowl plays in this thread.

Here are games I am on already:

7* BYU -5

5* Navy +8

5* Nevada +3

More later.

Re: NY Reb's College Bowl thread

What an amazing finish last night. I thought all was lost after Utah scored their last stupid touchdown.

Bowls so far: 1-0 (+5*)

7* Memphis +3.5
Looks like a wrong favorite here tonight. I'd be surprised if Memphis doens't win straight up. Watch the passing attack from Martin Hankins to 6'4" Duke Calhoun and 6'8" Carlos Singletary. Memphis has been there and done it before.

10* Southern Miss +10.5
My first 10* of the bowl season is on the Golden Eagles of Southern Miss. Just about every media outlet I've seen so far predicts Cincinnati in a blowout. Yet it wasn't too long ago that these teams were in the same conference and USM was the superior program. Have the Bearcats improved so much just because they went to the Big East? The guys at USM have read the press as well, and feel a bit disrespected. Look for them to send Coach Bower out with one of their best efforts of the year.

RaiseThese

EOG Senior Member

howdy reb man

wasnt with you on the first winner but im sure Ill be with you on a bunch of others.

lets get paid!!!!!

paige

EOG Member

What an amazing finish last night. I thought all was lost after Utah scored their last stupid touchdown.

Bowls so far: 1-0 (+5*)

7* Memphis +3.5
Looks like a wrong favorite here tonight. I'd be surprised if Memphis doens't win straight up. Watch the passing attack from Martin Hankins to 6'4" Duke Calhoun and 6'8" Carlos Singletary. Memphis has been there and done it before.

10* Southern Miss +10.5
My first 10* of the bowl season is on the Golden Eagles of Southern Miss. Just about every media outlet I've seen so far predicts Cincinnati in a blowout. Yet it wasn't too long ago that these teams were in the same conference and USM was the superior program. Have the Bearcats improved so much just because they went to the Big East? The guys at USM have read the press as well, and feel a bit disrespected. Look for them to send Coach Bower out with one of their best efforts of the year.

Hi I'm sorry jump into your thread. Is memphis +4 still good ? and the 65.5

Grogan

EOG Member

Hey NY, remember you from the other place--not much into college, so decided to trail you on memphis. Just looked at the score. Yikes. You, or anyone, have a halftime play?

Hey NY, remember you from the other place--not much into college, so decided to trail you on memphis. Just looked at the score. Yikes. You, or anyone, have a halftime play?
Score looks right in line now! Thanks for all you do NYReb, it's much appreciated here. I've had some great results tailing your 10* plays this season! Thanks and Good Luck.... 'cause your Good Luck is my Good Luck!!!:cheers Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!!:cheers

There's no way I can go with So Miss. I have watched them play alot this year and they haven't looked good at all, the whole year. Also there coach got fired and that can always cause problems with your team. I expect cincy in a blowout win here. BOL tday reb.

Man was I wrong about memphis:(

Bowls so far: 1-1 (-2.7*)

Three games today, already posted:

10* Southern Miss +11 (has since gone up to +12)
7* BYU -5 (has since gone up to -6.5)
5* Nevada +3

Good luck guys!

I'll tell ya this much (I like the plays, all 3, btw), I don't think these damn refs are gonna let So Miss play today!! I HATE those fuckers and how they can dictate the way a game is played!!
Also, I don't think you were wrong at all about Memphis, Reb!! They were WELL on their way when the QB went down and they were fucked as bad as Oregon vs. Arizona when that happened!! Those are da breaks, doe!! I had 'em as well!!

There's no way I can go with So Miss. I have watched them play alot this year and they haven't looked good at all, the whole year. Also there coach got fired and that can always cause problems with your team. I expect cincy in a blowout win here. BOL tday reb.
Here we are again Jdubs. I like you. You're a young guy on your way, and if I can say anything that helps you to win and not lose, then that this what the forum is for, imo.

Try not to be too influenced by the media in these games. Lots of talking heads said this game would be an easy win for Cincinnati, and it's easy to buy into that. Also, and I know this sounds weird, try to not get too caught up in the relative talent between two teams. The spread is the great equalizer. Amazing how many people don't realize this.

I suspect you also picked up from the media the idea that the lame duck coach would hurt USM. On the contrary, these guys will play their hearts out for Coach Bower. They will give him a top effort today.

You also can't be too influenced by how a team has looked on tv in previous games. It's very misleading when it comes to future games.

The main thing you have to look for is a team that is emotionally up against a team that is emotionally down. This should be the main factor.

Cincy could still win and cover this game. There is a whole half to be played. But when I see that 80% of the public is on one side, I know the media has had a major influence, and I want to be on the other side. I still think this will be a very close game in the end. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Take care dude.

To be honest, I really didn't listen to the media on this play . I just really like cincy, and I just think southern miss want hang in this one toward the end of the game. Just going by what I have saw the whole year from both teams. always love your picks reb, and wisdom. BOL!!

good job on southern miss, wish i would of been on it. i know its a little early but do you have a lean either way on the ohio st./LSu game?

good job on southern miss, wish i would of been on it. i know its a little early but do you have a lean either way on the ohio st./LSu game?
Lean to LSU but still looking at it. Right now it looks too obvious.

5* East Carolina +10.5
80% of the public solidly on Boise all week and the line hasn't even blipped. You know what you have to do. Things are not as they appear.

ritedere

EOG Member

Nice! Have a feeling we'll be in the plus for the remainder of the bowl season :)

Although I am an LSU fan, IMO LSU can cover 4. I read that Ohio St. starting linebacker and a second string LB is out due to team violations. That makes the LSU passing game that much more effective, since Ohio St. has to move someone else into the vacant spot. I expect LSU to take advantage of the middle of the field in the passing game which in turns opens up the run. That's again my opinion. Whatever you choose BOL!:cheers

Although I am an LSU fan, IMO LSU can cover 4. I read that Ohio St. starting linebacker and a second string LB is out due to team violations. That makes the LSU passing game that much more effective, since Ohio St. has to move someone else into the vacant spot. I expect LSU to take advantage of the middle of the field in the passing game which in turns opens up the run. That's again my opinion. Whatever you choose BOL!:cheers

Sorry, not LB's I meant corners:LMAO

RaiseThese

EOG Senior Member

Have a merry christmas my man

I feel a monster bowl season is upon us!!!!!!!!!!!!

vadapin

EOG Member

We are all waiting for your bowl picks. Do you have any strong ones, or weak ones, we'll take anything.

Sweets

EOG Member

Great start so far Reb, I will be looking for more of your plays.

Johny M - Starting CB Jenkins is playing... Backup who has not played since Sept. is suspended.

redus2

EOG Enthusiast

Love your plays Reb. Just wondering why you like Maryland so much? Isn't their team really banged up?

Had Texas tonight as well, Reb!! I do, however, believe I'm interested in the Maryland play though!! They walloped the pee out of NC State the last week of the season for the easiest, most comfortable cover I had ALL season! Granted that's NOT Oregon State, but still, I think they're a decent team that plays, IMO, a better conference than Oregon St!! That's right .... U heard it here first: The ACC is BETTER than the Pac-10!!!!
GL tomorrow dude!!!

iLoViK

EOG Addicted

Had Texas tonight as well, Reb!! I do, however, believe I'm interested in the Maryland play though!! They walloped the pee out of NC State the last week of the season for the easiest, most comfortable cover I had ALL season! Granted that's NOT Oregon State, but still, I think they're a decent team that plays, IMO, a better conference than Oregon St!! That's right .... U heard it here first: The ACC is BETTER than the Pac-10!!!!
GL tomorrow dude!!!

I am not a person who lives in USA, so i dont pick teams by the place i live. pac 10 is a lot stronger...

Love your plays Reb. Just wondering why you like Maryland so much? Isn't their team really banged up?
I don't consider the usual factors, especially the more obvious ones. I love plays that tend toward irrational. Find me a team that there's no reason to bet on, and oftentimes you have an easy winner.

10* Mississippi St +3
First 10* of the bowl season was a winner with Southern Miss, and here is my second. We've heard and seen a lot about UCF RB Kevin Smith, but it will be interesting to see if he's actually better than MSU's Anthony Dixon, 6-2, 240, 4.5, a soph who will only get better. Even though most Florida teams have talent and speed to burn, I think the Bulldogs have equal talent and have played a much more demanding schedule. Gimme a C-USA team favored over an SEC team, and I'll take the SEC dog almost every time. MSU will be playing for respect in this game, and I think they'll earn some.