The Rich Get Richer: New England Patriots Should Land Top 3 Pick In 2008 NFL Draft

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Some have forgotten I'm sure, but New England traded their late 1st round pick in the 2007 NFL Draft to San Francisco in exchange for the 49ers' 1st Round Pick this year, which as we all know should be a very high selection........:doh1

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: The Rich Get Richer: New England Patriots Should Land Top 3 Pick In 2008 NFL Draft

not so fast!! SF wins!

LLXC

EOG Veteran
Re: The Rich Get Richer: New England Patriots Should Land Top 3 Pick In 2008 NFL Draft

Stupid 9ers...should have put in a top 5/top 10 trade clause...

Come on 9ers...keep winning to lower this draft pick.

Hache Man

Pick will be a little lower now but my gosh New England still has some power now as trade-bait or however they choose with that high of a selection....

LLXC

EOG Veteran

I expect them to trade it...they're notorious for not liking to draft high 1st rounders and having to pay that huge guaranteed contract. Then again, if a stud RB is out there, they may bite...L Maroney has been bad this year.

MCP

imagine new england going 19-0 then get to draft Darren Mcfadden

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

new england seem to be very lucky and crafty these last few years.they always seem to catch the right break.tom brady drafted in the near forgotten part of the draft in 2000 and they've been on a roll ever since.they just seem to have that right bounce every time.of course the spygate thing dampened things a bit but shit you can't deny they are special.imagine them making a blockbuster trade for that pick.but if they pick mcfadden plus having moss plus brady that damn offense will be brutally strong.

dirty

EOG Master

There is nothing Lucky about it... a break here and there you normally wouldn't get or signing a questionable FA a couple of times and they pan out is Luck.... they have been doing it year in and year out for years....That is not Luck..that is just a good organization... Just like the Niners of the 80's and 90's ... everything they touched turned to gold

ktb

how many wins do the jets have? they probalby pick 1-2 spots after the niners? If so, icing on the cake for Belichik.. he'll just take the top player at whatever the Jets position of need is...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

you left off one more aspect of the trade

when they traded the #1 they got SF's #1 in 2008 AND SF's #4 in 2007. NE traded that 4th round pick to Oakland for RABDY MOSS!

this has the makings of one of the most lopsided trades EVER although i agree with LLXC - Pats will trade this pick

With Mcfadden they might go undefeated again next season to.

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

imagine new england going 19-0 then get to draft Darren Mcfadden

This would be the best thing that could happen the NE, but it won't happen, McFadden will be gone before they pick or they'll trde it.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

This management team is without question the best in the league right now. Kraft, Pioli etc are top notch.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated
Re: The Rich Get Richer: New England Patriots Should Land Top 3 Pick In 2008 NFL Draf

Re: The Rich Get Richer: New England Patriots Should Land Top 3 Pick In 2008 NFL Draf

they wouldn't waste the pick on Mcfadden. Not saying the kid is bad at all but i can't remember the last Superbowl winner who had a stud running back. this is a position you don't want to tie up a whole lot of money. there defense has a lot of holes and this is where i would think they would go and probably trade it down. Might be time to also start grooming a quarterback of the future.

Hache Man

Looks like San Fran may win another, courtesy of my Buccaneers........:doh1

LLXC

EOG Veteran

Come on...finish 6-10!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The rich get poorer, cmon san fran!!