JoePa, all class as usual....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Espn just showed clips of the Tex A+M "yell leader" making a very rude remark about JoePa, saying he should be in a casket, or something like that....the other guys on the stage were shocked, and fans started booing....but the school wrote an apology to JoePa, and JoePa goes on to basically defend the kid, saying "you have to take these things in context", and then said "who knows, maybe he's right"....LOL

JoePa, always handles things with class, and showed it again....his coaching years are coming to a close, but he will always be one of the best..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: JoePa, all class as usual....

SAN ANTONIO -- Texas A&M apologized to Penn State after a student leader mocked Joe Paterno by telling a crowd that the 81-year-old coach needs "a casket."

Paterno and his Penn State team face A&M on Saturday night in the Alamo Bowl.

One A&M yell leader, during a pep rally Thursday night, told the crowd that Paterno was "on his death bed" and "someone needs to find him a casket." The remarks drew boos from the crowd.

A&M team spokesman Alan Cannon said Friday he did not know the name of the yell leader, though the student has been sent home.

The yell leaders -- similar to cheerleaders -- are A&M's official "spirit" organization and lead fans' cheers during games and other school events. They are elected by the student body.

Paterno, at a news conference Friday at the Alamodome, said he was backstage with Aggies interim coach Gary Darnell when the comments were made, but did not hear them.

"I think everybody has to take things with a grain of salt," Paterno said. "Some young guy went up there, trying to be funny. Maybe he's accurate, I don't know."

Texas A&M's interim president, Eddie Davis, and athletic director Bill Byrne later apologized to their Penn State counterparts.

"I honestly didn't hear it, and I don't particularly care about it," Paterno said Friday. "Sticks and stones will break your bones but names will never hurt you."

Paterno, a 42-year head-coaching veteran, is about to enter the last year of a four-year contract that expires following the 2008 season.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

"Sticks and stones will break your bones but names will never hurt you."

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

here's the dumbass...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aGtoaa9UKcs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aGtoaa9UKcs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Was already liking Penn State in this one, may be my top pick tomorrow. Those PSU players love Joe Pa and are gonna be PUMPED for this game

Stupid thing to say.

Nobody at A&M even likes the yell leaders.

This world is far too PC... How quickly people forget "Sal is Dead. Go Big Red".

Keep in mind these are the same "classy" Penn State students that thought up this gem of a Halloween costume:

Lastly -- in the battle of underachieving teams, keep in mind this is essentially a home game for A&M -- one of the largest schools in the nation -- and they will be without Fran so that should give them an extra 14 points on the offensive side ;)

waco

EOG Dedicated

Lastly -- in the battle of underachieving teams, keep in mind this is essentially a home game for A&M -- one of the largest schools in the nation -- and they will be without Fran so that should give them an extra 14 points on the offensive side ;)

I think you should look up PAPA Joe's record for bowls. Never give PAPA Joe a month to prepare for a game.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Stupid thing to say.

This world is far too PC... How quickly people forget "Sal is Dead. Go Big Red".

Keep in mind these are the same "classy" Penn State students that thought up this gem of a Halloween costume:

If a Penn State student did that, i think its horrible as well.....i never saw that before....but JoePa, didnt do it, and that remark was uncalled for....but my point was, that JoePa was able to look past it, and laugh about it, cuz he's all class

I agree JoePa is all class.

I agree that the A&M yell leader that said that was a dumbass.

But cmon, its not that big a deal.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I guess JoePa got the last word as usual, as his team rallied from 14-0 to get the win over the Aggies.....

Biggest difference SOS, is those were random students doing that "prank" at Penn St. The A&M Yelleader was a representative of the University at an official event.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

JoePa got them at the press conference again today...he cracks me up for being 80, he's pretty damn sharp...told em not to worry about his leg, lets talk about the game....then made a joke about it being more interesting than alot of what he "reads"....LOL

get em JoePa

mofome

Banned

joepa didnt seem to classy on outside the lines prior to the season when addressing the legal issues of his team.

mofome

Banned

Stupid thing to say.

ive seen these pictures. the first time i saw them, i honestly thought to myself that i would kill this girl and anyone else who did this. literally, if i saw this i would kill this person unless someone killed me first.

ballwonder

EOG Master

That was pretty sic of that halloween party. I thought there was a few more dressed like that as well for the halloween party last year and pics circulated.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

That was pretty sic of that halloween party. I thought there was a few more dressed like that as well for the halloween party last year and pics circulated.

yeah, that's just sick shit....i dont even understand what would make anyone willing to do that.....

to mock a tragedy like that, you just must not have any feelings at all....must simply be heart of stone

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

joepa didnt seem to classy on outside the lines prior to the season when addressing the legal issues of his team.

Obviously the guy as been a piece of shit for quite sometime...................

Glad hes gone. I think its bs how they rolled his carcus out there week in and week out to chase a record hes not even mentally there enough to achieve. Hes a mess.

Heim

EOG Master

Was already liking Penn State in this one, may be my top pick tomorrow. Those PSU players love Joe Pa and are gonna be PUMPED for this game

How do you know that? This situation is 'unchartered waters' as far as scandals go. They're going to be pumped up because Joe is the man and the kids/family whose entire life is fucked up forever don't matter? Nuts.

This game should be cancelled if the NCAA had any balls.

How do you know that? This situation is 'unchartered waters' as far as scandals go. They're going to be pumped up because Joe is the man and the kids/family whose entire life is fucked up forever don't matter? Nuts.

This game should be cancelled if the NCAA had any balls.
Heim, his post is 4 years old.

Heim

EOG Master

lol

I've been 'Flamingo Flashbacked'

Still think the game should be cancelled.