Did that look like the Immaculate reception or what?

waco

EOG Dedicated
Re: Did that look like the Immaculate reception or what?

He won't let it go. Let it go John. They were never going to call that pass incomplete in Pittsburgh.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Steelers should have beaten Miami the next week too, Pitt could have very easily won 6 SB in 7 years in the 1970's

73 74 75 76 78 79

waco

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1028755 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->Journeyman<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1028755", true); </SCRIPT>
16-6, 21-17,35-31,31-19

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1028755 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Did that look like the Immaculate reception or what?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Steelers should have beaten Miami the next week too, Pitt could have very easily won 6 SB in 7 years in the 1970's

73 74 75 76 78 79<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes, I was at that game and Miami faked a punt and ran 40 yards and it looked like the Steeler were running interference for the Miami kicker. I will never forget it. But the Immaculate was the best. I was there and never saw it. I started to leave as the ball was being knocked in the air. Mr. Rooney and me have something in common. We were both at the game and never saw it. He was in the elevator to go to the dressing room.

Journeyman

EOG Master

that's right , the fake punt, what BS...

Waco that is a very cool memory, damn shame you missed it....good times !

Do you have any recollection of the Pitt/Baltimore playoff game where the Steelers went up top to Frank Lewis on the first drive and throttled a pretty good Colts team in Baltimore, and what crazy event happened after the game?

munson15

I want winners...

Plane crashed into the upper deck of the old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore.

waco

EOG Dedicated

That was crazy seeing that plane in the upper deck after the game. I will never forget that.

Journeyman

EOG Master

That was crazy seeing that plane in the upper deck after the game. I will never forget that.

I know I watched many baseball games from that very seating area before and after that....

They said had Pittsburgh not destroyed the Colts that afternoon the crowd would have still been there, as the crash was shortly after the game had ended.

Journeyman

EOG Master

A different view of that area behind homeplate in the upper deck where that plane crashed, not much room as you can see...the pilot was very lucky.