The AWESOME POSSUM 2007 NFL Football

Re: The AWESOME POSSUM 2007 NFL Football

Nothing much to report from the farm today as The AWESOME POSSUM goes 3-3 and drops -0.15 units (after -0.02 cents commission).

Year to date he sits at 52-36, 59.09% and +15.19 units.

Back on Wednesday...

Cannon

Banned

Wow glad we did not go 0-7 like some touts we know and love to finish the season.

munson15

I want winners...

Nice job getting in early on the Colts, Jimmy. I had no idea that line would drop, but the probable status of Harrison seemed to drive the price down, then he didn't play anyway.

Cannon

Banned

Jimmy thanks for watching my tout buddy while I am on post review.

Cordy

EOG Enthusiast

The pickers in my ATS contest at vip.com went
<TABLE id=consensus cellSpacing=0 summary="Jacksonville at Houston Consensus Picks."><TBODY><TR class=odd><TD class=choice>Jacksonville</TD><TD class=bar>
<!--778 -->66.6%

</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=winner>Houston</TD><TD class=bar>
<!--390 -->33.4%

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I never saw that one coming.

Seattle and Dallas are the better teams but ....
<TABLE id=consensus cellSpacing=0 summary="Seattle at Atlanta Consensus Picks."><TBODY><TR class=odd><TD class=choice>Seattle</TD><TD class=bar>
<!--861 -->73.7%

</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=winner>Atlanta</TD><TD class=bar>
<!--307 -->26.3%

Seattle put up points like there is no tommorrow. Good try for them. I did not watch it yet. Atlanta is the pickers favorite team to not pick since the Vick thing. Seattle has a chance to advance.

<TABLE id=consensus cellSpacing=0 summary="Dallas at Washington Consensus Picks."><TBODY><TR class=odd><TD class=choice>Dallas</TD><TD class=bar>
<!--699 -->59.9%

</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=winner>Washington</TD><TD class=bar>
<!--469 -->40.1%

Now this was a game to see. I was leerly at giving 9.5 on that one. If Dallas was trying to lower its line in the playoffs, they certainly did it. 6-27 only showed a modest amount of the inequality of play I saw. I give them a 10% chance of beating GB SU in warm weather. Farve's hand has arthritis or he is a true man of steel. Since he is human, his throwing hand hurt in the mini ice bowl last week. After, Farve said on GB chanel 2, WBAY, "Play Dallas at home in January? Nobody wants to play a game in these conditions, let alone the possibly worse cold of January! (paraphrased).

If it gets to GB vs Dallas, expect a lne of GB -7.5 or so. If I'm wrong on this and Dallas if the fav, get me GB SU on the ML.

Just 1 game to start the playoffs from The AWESOME POSSUM:

Seattle -4 +118

Best of luck men...

karmaisreal

EOG Enthusiast

I'm afraid to ask for fear of looking like a jackass, but I'm confused by the +118. Does that simply mean he found a line somewhere where he is only laying 100 to win 118 on the Seahawks -4? Thanks & sorry for the stupid question.

There are no stupid questions. I played the Seahawks -4 @ +118 at Matchbook. Yes, they are paying $1.18 for every dollar wagered at this line.

karmaisreal

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks much...I obviously just need to line shop - am used to seeing them either 105, 110, 115, 120, etc. at WSEX

Thanks Jimmy!

munson15

I want winners...

BG, Wildcat(NY Post) and I are jumping on that Seattle bandwagon with you, I hope there's room for us all! GL:cheers

For what it's worth...

My shoe shine guy at the Crowne Plaza hotel downtown tells me that all room service meals going upstairs to the Redskins are being prepared with unwashed hands.

munson15

I want winners...

For what it's worth...

My shoe shine guy at the Crowne Plaza hotel downtown tells me that all room service meals going upstairs to the Redskins are being prepared with unwashed hands.
:LMAO I didn't know that tainted food was the secret of the Awesome Possum's success! But, hey, whatever it takes, right? GL and thanks for the laugh, Jimmy!:cheers

A good start to the playoffs as The AWESOME POSSUM goes 1-0 picking up +1.16 units (after -0.02 cents commission).

Year to date he sits at 53-36, 59.55% and +16.35 units.

The furry rodent will enjoy the rest of the games this weekend and return on Wednesday...

munson15

I want winners...

You better keep that possum well fed Jimmy! I hear they like snails and some such stuff!

Cordy

EOG Enthusiast

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1029060 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->Cordy<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1029060", true); </SCRIPT>
NFL, 148-106, 57.8125 %

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1029060 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid">
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Seattle and Dallas are the better teams but .... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=consensus cellSpacing=0 summary="Seattle at Atlanta Consensus Picks."><TBODY><TR class=odd><TD class=choice>Seattle</TD><TD class=bar>
73.7%

</TD></TR><TR class=even><TD class=winner>Atlanta</TD><TD class=bar>
26.3%

Seattle put up points like there is no tommorrow. Good try for them. I did not watch it yet. Atlanta is the pickers favorite team to not pick since the Vick thing. Seattle has a chance to advance.

Now how could I say here
Seattle has a chance to advance.
and Pick Washington. I should have watched the last Sealttle game. My bad.

1-3 last night sounds good but I really hammered Washington. I will have to re-read my notes sometime. I'd rather be 1-0.

Great call !!

This is my first week with the Possum and now I am pissed that I didnt take to the furry rodent before. Great pick and look forward to seeing you eat on Wednesday.

Cordy

EOG Enthusiast

1-3 last night sounds good
I must have been in a bad mood. I was 3-1, but the One was 'Skins and I was big on them. I am going to watch a little more carefully. Thank you.

The AWESOME POSSUM shows little appetite again this week with just one play:

Green Bay -8 +108

Best of luck men...

munson15

I want winners...

Looks like the possum is biting the hand that fed him last week!:+textinb3 I always figured they were unpredictable marsupials! GL Jimmy and rodent!:cheers

cassiusclay

EOG Master

u crack me up...but i am taking gbay at a better line....chuck luck has a voodo doll of u... be careful....if u feel pain in ur chest it might be the pins he is sticking in the doll...

Another nice weekend of NFL football as The AWESOME POSSUM goes 1-0 and picks up +1.06 units (after -0.02 cents commission).

Year to date he sits at 54-36, 60% and +17.41 units.

Enjoy the rest of the games men, the rodent returns on Wednesday...

Championship weekend and two plays from The AWESOME POSSUM:

Green Bay -7 -106
San Diego +14 -105

Best of luck men...

Cordy

EOG Enthusiast

I like boh of these Jimmy. I snapped up +14.5 for 7 units when it came out.

Cordy

EOG Enthusiast
1/10 unit

1/10 unit

<TABLE id=pendingWager cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pending><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=220>The way I would take a long shot;

Parlay (4 Teams)

</TD><TD>01/17/08 06:54 ET</TD></TR><TR><TD width=220>bet 10.00 to win 407.48 </TD><TD>Result: Pending</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=pendingAltColor colSpan=2><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=220>Chargers(SanDiego)
Patriots(NewEngland)
</TD><TD>01/20/08(15:05 ET)
Under 47
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=pending colSpan=2><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=220>Chargers(SanDiego)
Patriots(NewEngland)
</TD><TD>01/20/08(15:05 ET)
Chargers(SanDiego) +500
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=pendingAltColor colSpan=2><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=220>Giants(NewYork)
Packers(GreenBay)
</TD><TD>01/20/08(18:35 ET)
Packers(GreenBay) -7
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=pending colSpan=2><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=220>Giants(NewYork)
Packers(GreenBay)
</TD><TD>01/20/08(18:35 ET)
Over 40.5
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
yeah, yeah, yeah. A 4 event parlay is a high juice play. for $10 i am not making 4 bets.

The AWESOME POSSUM splits his picks today going 1-1 dropping -0.08 units (including
-0.02 cents commission.)

Year to date he sits at 55-37, 59.78% & +17.33 units.

We'll see if the rodent has a Super Bowl pick come Wednesday...

The final play of the year for The AWESOME POSSUM is:

New England -12 1/2 +100

Good luck men...

munson15

I want winners...

Possum must figure the warm air will get the Pats' passing game into high gear again, eh Jimmy? GL!

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i'm going to follow along with the "possum."

but for the record....i don't think hoffa really has a possum. or any marsupial, for that matter.

Finance

EOG Veteran

Possum hits this one and he's right at 60% - awesome record for a damn Possum....

Well... a shabby way to end the season as The AWESOME POSSUM goes 0-1 dropping -1.00 units on the super bowl.

He finishes the season at 55-38, 59.13% and +16.33 units.

Check back next fall...

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

These Goddamn pay services would sell their mother to just hit
58%.

Nice job P.

The Seer

EOG Dedicated
New Guy here

New Guy here

Long time lurker. I have used Jimmy quite a while. I put $550 on his pick but I later thought that any team that could beat the Packers can come close to the Pats; maybe win. My picks below.
Later, I did this wrong.

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

$550 Pats -11.5 loser
$300 NYG +11.5 win
$300 NYG under 54 win
$1000 parlay paid $2600 win
$100 NYG SU paid $335 win

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

Next year I will out up my picks before the game so it does some good. The only way the NYG were to win was to keep it close like they did to the Packers. That means a low scoring game.

This year; I always take the Pro Bowl game under.