new years resolution dispute asking for your opinion

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
the cook and I decided on NO soda pop in 2008. i see she is drinking a country time lemonade drink from a can. do you think she has violated the resolution?

Thanks

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: new years resolution dispute asking for your opinion

no and i think drinking no pop is a good resolution i wish i could because you can really lose weight by just not drinking pop

GL to the both of you:cheers

The General

ok, she remains in good standings. :)

The ruling on the field stands. The General is charged with his first time-out.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

As the guys said above, definitely not pop.

Isn't if difficult to just drop cola all at once General?

Didn't discuss just cutting down per week first? :)

Buckeye

EOG Veteran

Are you cutting out soda pop as a weight-losing issue? If so, guilty as charged, as I would be willing to bet there is nearly as much sugar in the lemonade than in a can of pepsi. If we're talking strickly carbonated beverages, then the resolution is in good standing.

In any event, the lemonade is a better choice than any carbonated cola.

For me, it's strickly homeade iced tea, lots of lemon and very little if any sugar. I'm at the point now to where a cola makes me thirst for the tea.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Are you cutting out soda pop as a weight-losing issue? If so, guilty as charged, as I would be willing to bet there is nearly as much sugar in the lemonade than in a can of pepsi. If we're talking strickly carbonated beverages, then the resolution is in good standing.

For me, it's strickly homeade iced tea, lots of lemon and very little if any sugar. I'm at the point now to where a cola makes me thirst for the tea.

exactly what i was gonna post

Hawaiian Punch isn't soda but it has more sugar in it than soda and is worse than a soda

General - if you want The Cook to drink a liquid that is NOT soda and low in calories i can think of something i'm sure you wouldn't find her drinking a LOT of - how much depends on YOU :LMAO

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

she's good...

I also am trying the same thing, at least at work...i find myself drinking several cokes a day at work...sometime 3-4 in just 7-8 hours...

last week, i drank 2 in 4 days....water the rest of the time...hope i can stick to it...been driking a lot of tea at home as well...and each pitcher i make, i am trying to ease the sugar down just a tad

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Yes, it is the equivalent of drinking soda - both are loaded with sugar and provide no nutruitional value - make the cook pay for cheating this early.

she's good...

I also am trying the same thing, at least at work...i find myself drinking several cokes a day at work...sometime 3-4 in just 7-8 hours...

last week, i drank 2 in 4 days....water the rest of the time...hope i can stick to it...been driking a lot of tea at home as well...and each pitcher i make, i am trying to ease the sugar down just a tad

Hey Bucky, go get a box of splenda. A box of 50 packets is like $2.50. Tastes just like sugar. 0 calories :houra

Woody

EOG Veteran

That is my concern too. If it's a sugar issue then you're better off drinking diet soda.

I even use the diet ginger ale to dilute my calorie laden beer.

dirty

EOG Master

She Lost Pete.... Country Time Lemonade may not be carbonated, but just as bad or worse for ya then Carbonated Drinks.... Nothing but Sugar and Acid....

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Kind of like when I bet a Buddy fifty bucks to one who don't
smoke first. Two weeks later he has a tin of copenhagen.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Hey Bucky, go get a box of splenda. A box of 50 packets is like $2.50. Tastes just like sugar. 0 calories :houra

Use it all the time in my coffee. can't wait till they tell me it is as bad as asparten (sp) Then i will prolly just drop dead. Made a cheese cake with it once just to try it out and i thought it was pretty good. others said it tasted a little salty. Don't know where they got that at. Tell you what its a good diet food if you are craving sweets cause it is low in carbs.

The General

As the guys said above, definitely not pop.

Isn't if difficult to just drop cola all at once General?

Didn't discuss just cutting down per week first? :)

I think she is suffering, but I was a breakfast only type pop guy. She was an all day mountain dew drinker. Easier for me than her.

Yes, the premise was to cut out sugar as a way to reduce weight.

Yes, it is the equivalent of drinking soda - both are loaded with sugar and provide no nutruitional value - make the cook pay for cheating this early.

She Lost Pete.... Country Time Lemonade may not be carbonated, but just as bad or worse for ya then Carbonated Drinks.... Nothing but Sugar and Acid....

I am leaning to her being guilty now.

Technically, she didn't violate the rules because it's not soda.

Is she on a very thin line, yes she is, and I believe she is violating the spirit of the deal and an amendment should be made outlawing the drink because as they said above, it's damn near just as bad.

minute maid lemonade light is probably as close as you can get to a good cheat, but it may come in a can too :).

mr merlin

EOG Master

Why do you want to stop drinking pop? If drinking it makes you happy, why not? if its a weight issue switch to diet.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I would treat the Lemonade here the same as iced tea and Kool Aid. Sugared water without carbonation and not 'pop'. GL in taking off some pounds.

The General

Thanks for the good wishes. I have battled weight up and down my whole life. I hear the up and down is not good for your heart. Her arse is as wide as battleship anchor or a queen size bed. :D . We need to get on a routine cardio plan and diet.

Lemon aide is not soda. Neither are sports drinks or teas. BOL with the resolution, it will not be any easy matter for you to be master of your domain.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

Fwiw...........A great Tea to drink is the ARIZONA diet blueberry green Tea

total carbohydrate 2g

sugars 0g

Total fat 0g

$1.99 a gallon and taste great

Use it all the time in my coffee. can't wait till they tell me it is as bad as asparten (sp) Then i will prolly just drop dead. Made a cheese cake with it once just to try it out and i thought it was pretty good. others said it tasted a little salty. Don't know where they got that at. Tell you what its a good diet food if you are craving sweets cause it is low in carbs.

yep, tastes just like Sugar to me, except it's powdery, so you don't taste the sugar crystals

I use a couple packets per bowl of cereal and it's also good to dip strawberries in