Comcast digital cable hbo, showtime, movie channel & basic sports channels

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
digital is $55 adds 45 channels

With each hbo, show time and movie channel it is $10 each. About 20 more channels. To add the basic sport package with tennis, nfl, regional fox sports and nba tv is added $8.

So for this I pay close to $100 per month.

BIG QUESTION: Is it worth it?

Then of course I can buy seasonal packages for most sports, too, BUT she said I cannot get the NFL package here, now WTF is that? :+clueless

texansfan

EOG Master
Re: Comcast digital cable hbo, showtime, movie channel & basic sports channels

This is posted across the street.

A while back I asked this board about changing cable providers..

Well, one poster which I don't rememeber his name gave me the best answer EVER..

He said screw the operators or managers..

GO STRAIGHT TO ...RENTENTION DEPARTMENT...

I called again this morning and got $30 a month off my bill plus got all 500 channels and free Encore movies...for a year..

I've saved over a $1000.00 for making a free phone call...

just thought I'd share.

This is the third time I've done this
<!-- / message -->

I also have Comcast and I don't think they carry the NFL package, just the NFL Network.

Dish Network has decent pricing and free DVR (that is better than TIVO), but I think you have to go to DirecTV for the NFL season pass

texansfan

EOG Master

Dish Network has decent pricing and free DVR (that is better than TIVO), but I think you have to go to DirecTV for the NFL season pass

I used to have Dish Network and switched back to cable. I think I switched back years ago because of the price.

patswin

EOG Veteran

Get an FTA receiver, get everything for free!

texansfan

EOG Master

Get an FTA receiver, get everything for free!

I know this is a stupid question but if you get everything for free I'm assuming it's llegal? That is unless you get caught right?

The General

If I sit back and think this is really a want and no where close to a need. My cook had dish tv if i ever needed it badly. money is just not easy to come by for tv extras.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

If I sit back and think this is really a want and no where close to a need. My cook had dish tv if i ever needed it badly. money is just not easy to come by for tv extras.

You have a cook General? Tell us more. I love to eat and eating meals is my favorite 5 or 6 times of the day.

The General

She is just my best female friend and cooks me anything I want to eat and not the fast way, but grandma style. Mmmmmmmm

I'm in the same boat with Comcast and have been asking the same questions--is it worth it--I also have HD tuner--paying about $120 a month. Can we do better?

dirty

EOG Master

you can get everything DTV offers with Tivo Way cheaper than 120 bucks a month... that is crazy....

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

She is just my best female friend and cooks me anything I want to eat and not the fast way, but grandma style. Mmmmmmmm

Lucky guy General. If she satisfies your other needs then you are in heaven but we will not go there. NoSiree.

dirty

EOG Master

What does that have to do with DTV being Cheaper....The TIVO price is included with the DTV Price..... I pay under $100 Bucks and have every channel DTV offers...including Hi Def

This is the reason we are asking--are we getting screwed--I only have the Stars Movie channel

Towelie

EOG Enthusiast

I also have Comcast and I don't think they carry the NFL package, just the NFL Network.

Directv has exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday Ticket, which is why they don't carry it. I remember comcast made a big push the last time the contract was up with the NFL, but were still outbid by directv.

NFL Network is hit or miss with comcast. I have it, (think it is on the sports package) but some people that live 5-10 minutes from our home that also have comcast don't have access to it.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Comcast calls me with all sorts of offers. I cannot even consider any of them until they get the NFL ticket. I tell em that too.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

just call comcast and tell them you want to bail, they will chop whatever you have in half and give you more channels, boxes and free phone...you will be surprised what they will do, verizon is kicking their ass right now.

dirty

EOG Master

This is the reason we are asking--are we getting screwed--I only have the Stars Movie channel

Yes you are getting screwed... the new deal is this

DIRECTV: DIRECTV - Best Offer

Then after the Contract is up you call them and tell them you are not happy and they will discount the plan to keep you. You rent the equipment, which is better because if a receiver breaks you get a free replacement. If you pay your bill on time every month you get One free Receiver upgrade (to the newest receivers) a year for every receiver you have in the House...

I would not trade DTV for anything in the world...the TIVO is built right in the machine....If you have analog TV you will get DTV with TIVO... If you have HD you will get the Directv DVR (same thing..I can't tell the difference)

No need to go to a SAT store ETC... they all have the same offers as DTV does online....

Call say you would like to cancel. You then will be sent to the retention department from there re-work your bill to reflect all up to date discounts...

Your cable just like anything else will go up in price just because you paid $50 three years ago does not mean you should still pay $50 for service remember. Also, cable is 100 times better then Dish or Direct TV.

GL

also Verizon is not kicking comcast's ass. As a matter of fact since the addition of phone to go with there Video and HSD Comcast and other Cable providers are getting a largest piece of the already taken PIE....

BUNDLE DISCOUNT ANYONE? 3 PAYMENTS 1 BILL IS NICE ALSO....

patswin

EOG Veteran

I know this is a stupid question but if you get everything for free I'm assuming it's llegal? That is unless you get caught right?

Yes you buy a receiver and dish which is 100% legal. Once installed you download 3rd party software that you load on the receiver and it opens up all channels, everything.

dirty

EOG Master

I have My Cell, Home Phone and DTV all in one package as well... had it with Bellsouth (Cingular service) but now with ATT

The General

Going to stick w basic as I can go other places and watch anything I really want to see. Thanks again Men.

ATT has more Money then anyone.. They have DOVE into Video this past year... I would rather go with local cable (charter) rather then ATT however. Reason being they do not have the local reps to give assistance if ever needed in a timely manner. Local cable has a much faster turn around and great service.. HD is going to be on 80% of the channels next Feb. with 1080P available 100% of the time currently all your getting is 780I with HD regardless of your TV.....

dirty

EOG Master

I still deal with DTV for TV and Cingular (now ATT) in a separate location for Call.... Nothing has changed.....

cassiusclay

EOG Master

also Verizon is not kicking comcast's ass. As a matter of fact since the addition of phone to go with there Video and HSD Comcast and other Cable providers are getting a largest piece of the already taken PIE....

BUNDLE DISCOUNT ANYONE? 3 PAYMENTS 1 BILL IS NICE ALSO....

kodiac, depends where you live, in pa verizon is making a charge at grabbing business from comcast, they are giving away free 20" monitors and discounting services to grab comcast customers...competition is sweet...

cassius I'm talking on a national scale. Comcast isn't even in my area Charter Cable is.. Regardless, Comcast is the King of Cable and whatever they do the smaller cable company's follow by doing the same thing.

On a national level when Cable company's started to offer phone service they began grabbing larger pieces of the pie... ATT is now trying to get customers back at all costs.. The thing to remember is all of these comany's are trying to get business to stay or pull customers away from other company's.. New business is nomore, meaning the pie is taking up its all about who get the biggest slices now.. How does this effect you? Easy, price slashing to retain your business at all cost. If you want a better rate tell them your going w/the competition.

dirty

EOG Master

Charter is owned by Comcast Kodiak.... They call the Systems they buy in Cities that they can't incorporate into the existing Comcast service Charter and a few other Brands....

Paul Allen is Charter's largest shareholder dirty not sure where Comcast fits in.. So I would call Paul Allen the majority owner of Charter Communications.. Comcast and Charter are both available in many cities around the country...

Comcast does not own Charter Dirty Paul Allen and other shareholders do...

Charter Communications Chairman Paul Allen envisioned a Wired World? - a global broadband network that would interconnect every home, facilitating the convergence of television, computers, the Internet and communications.
Today, Paul Allen is Charter's largest shareholder.