VCU vs. ODU write up- Going for 6 consecutive wins baby!

Pick: 577 VCU + 1 1/2 (buy to 2 if you can) vs. ODU...

This game is a rivalry that may actually live up to the hype. Both teams play DEFENSE extremely well, but VCU's is off the chart...

And although ODU's great coach Blaine Taylor is 269-142 overall in his career, he and his Monarchs are a mind boggling 4-11 against VCU under his tenure...

MONKEY!!!

Someone I respect noted that they hadn't seen a defensive effort like VCU performed against Delaware 3 nights ago.

They stated,

"There were at least five possessions in which the Hens (Delaware) never got the ball inside the three-point line and were forced to jack up a three at the shot clock buzzer. At one point Delaware had four field goals and 10 turnovers.

Put it this way: VCU turned the ball over 18 times, shot only 44%, and missed its first six free throws and won 60-39. Delaware’s Marc Egerson hit a three in the waning seconds to break a combined zero-for-28 stretch of opponents’ three point field goals!!!"

And if that's not noteworthy, how's this?

No team in the country is defending the 3-point-line better than VCU heading into Saturday’s contest. Through 16 games, the VCU Ram opponents are shooting just .252 from beyond the arc, tops in the nation (Source: Basketball State).

As for ODU, their glaring weakness is shooting the ball from the perimeter as their Senior guards Henderson and Lidonde have been struggling all year...

ODU has fits against good defensive teams having lost to the likes of William & Mary (at Home), Richmond and Delaware...

As much as I don't like betting against my favorite College Hoops team, the right side appears to be VCU this afternoon and that's where I have put my money!

Best of Luck,

THE SHRINK

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted
Re: VCU vs. ODU write up- Going for 6 consecutive wins baby!

shrink thanks man...youve been real hot and we all appreciate your time writing this out...

i dont care what others say about you, your a good guy :) just messin

appreciate you making me some good cash so far....

GL, Shrink
:cheers
Something tells Meyer will now say play ODU -1.5, so he is also trying to extend his LOSING streak

The Devil

EOG Master

GET EM KEN..........THIS IS YOUR TEAM........

HEARD YOU MAY BE OFFERED THE HEAD COACHING JOB NEXT YEAR.........

MCP

Shrink tough spot.. arent you going to the game? are you gonna stand up and clap when ODU makes a play or goes on a run ?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Wow, even admiting to rooting against his beloved Monarchs, I did this once, it's tough...bet against Balto in the playoffs vs Cleveland, by far the strangest game I ever watched (never again) I don't have a favorite team anymore so it would never matter.

Keep on streaking :+whipping

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

With you again Shrink at VCU +1. Enjoy the game.

MCP

Wow, even admiting to rooting against his beloved Monarchs, I did this once, it's tough...bet against Balto in the playoffs vs Cleveland, by far the strangest game I ever watched (never again) I don't have a favorite team anymore so it would never matter.

Keep on streaking :+whipping

was this that series where just about every game was 1-0 or 2-1? that pitching duel between mussina and hershiser was classic

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks and GL, Shrink! I never buy, but I went -120 for the +2.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Will the true ODU show up in the second half? Good Luck Shrink!

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Why don't the ODU basketball games come on radio station AM 1310 anymore?

Munchkin Man

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Where do you go for live, real time scores? I am the CBS sports site that has the GameTracker software that seems to show the plays. Right now it's 45-33 with 15:10 on the clock.

munson15

I want winners...

Can't even get an update on cbs, where are you looking?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

only up 7 with 1:24 to go

munson use the live lines eog provides

Tuckman

Uh Poster

10 point vcu win :party nice call again shrink..

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks so much Bucsfan, what an awesome way to follow along! And A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shrink you are amazing! Thanks for another winner!:party

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

another great call.

too bad i missed it.

congrats!

Very nice job again today, Shrink! Another trip to the bank coming up!

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Whelp,
I missed the ship sailing over to the cashiers window.

I was out all day with Molly buying a refrigerator, gas oven, stove and microwave. Also managed to fit in a movie. We will be spending $50,000 remodeling the kitchen. Today was step one.

Congrats to all who followed the Shrink's lead.
Tim