R.E.M. Dates Announced -- 1st Leg of North American Tour

dirty

EOG Master
R.E.M. Dates Announced

By Shane Harrison | Monday, January 28, 2008, 06:08 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Photo: Laura Noel/AJC Staff
R.E.M. has announced the first batch of dates for the upcoming North American tour. They?ll be touring to support upcoming new album, ?Accelerate,? out April 1. The band has also revealed that Modest Mouse and the National will be opening the shows. No word yet about on-sale dates, but we?ll let you know as soon as those are announced.
The hot news for Atlantans is the June 21 date at the newly re-christened Lakewood Amphitheater. Here?s the list, straight from R.E.M.?s official site:
May
23 ? Vancouver, Deer Lake Park
29 ? Los Angeles, Hollywood Bowl
31 ? Berkeley, the Greek Theatre
June
3 ? Denver, Red Rocks Amphitheatre
6 ? Chicago, United Center
8 ? Toronto, Molson Amphitheatre
10 ? Raleigh, Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
11 ? Washington, D.C., Merriweather Post Pavilion
13 ? Boston, Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
14 ? Long Island, Jones Beach Theater
18 ? Philadelphia, Mann Center for the Performing Arts
19 ? New York City, TBA
21 ? Atlanta, Lakewood Amphitheatre
Permalink | Comments (22) | Post your comment |

R.E.M. Dates Announced | Atlanta Music Scene | AccessAtlanta

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated
Re: R.E.M. Dates Announced -- 1st Leg of North American Tour

my two favorites by them are automatic for the people and monster.maybe berry will pop up and drum on a few songs.....

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member

Great to see them back in the theatres and small venues. I sam them at Chrysler arena in Ann Arbor YEARS ago, they are NOT an arena band.

dirty

EOG Master

Dicky you are right... I am not a huge fan of theirs living only 30 miles from Athens... we get REM'd to death on the radio, etc.... Made me grow to hate them... I have seen them at the old OMNI and they were awful.... Lakewood Amphitheater here will be perfect for them... I have a bud who owns the GA Theater in Athens..which is an old Theater for Stage plays and they turned into a concert and party Hall many years ago... They would pop up and play under assumed names that no one had heard of... Heard them play there and at the 40 Watt in Athens one time each and they were great