HBO cancels Inside the NFL

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran
i still enjoy the show, esp Peter King's contributions

After 31 years, the final episode of Inside the NFLwill debut on Wednesday night.
"Inside the NFL has been a hallmark program for three decades on HBO," HBO Sports President Ross Greenburg said in a statement. "It has been a terrific franchise . . . but the television landscape has changed quite a bit over the last 30 years and we have to recognize the realities of the business. I'm not sure we had more than one competitor when the show launched."

Re: HBO cancels Inside the NFL

I like all the personalities on that show. Why couldn't they cancel Bryant Gumbels series instead? :+clueless

pvcpipe

EOG Master

that sucks....i enjoy the show. chris collingsworth is my favorite, though, and he's on about 10 others.

I can understand the decision. Now with the internet age, etc. it's more out of place to have a show recapping highlights that happened 4 days earlier and previewing games happening 3 days after. Some segments on the show outside of the reviews/previews are good sometimes but they can only think of so many of those. With the NFL Network in existence now, I'd say that's another reason it's not a needed show anymore.

dirty

EOG Master

I think it is time... I have not watched it in years. I have NFL Network, ESPN, Fox Sports, Internet... you don't need one stop shopping like you used to with Inside.... Used to you couldn't wait until Wednesday Night at 7 pm when the show would come on....

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

im not a fan of NFL network. I want to shoot Deion Sanders everytime he yells. Has nobody told him that they use microphones on the show?

I don't see a dime's worth of difference in any of these shows.

Glib moderator stroking three or four famous ex-jocks muttering the same football cliches.

Can't see why HBO was any worse than the rest.

I do like Cris Collinsworth and Bob Costas though, but their celebrities are already big enough and they've been working for NBC too. They will still have different shows all year, Inside the NFL has become kind of an afterthought but the chemistry of those onset probably caused it to continue on well past its peak.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

sure remember watching it as a kid back in the late 70's early 80's...one of my favs back then

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Way overdue in my opinion.....

agree

my fave was when len dawson was on. here is what would happen every week when it came time for Len to pick the Chiefs game:

Other person: This week the Chiefs travel to Foxboro to play the undefeated 14-0 Patriots. The Pats have no injuries while the Chiefs are so banged up they will only be able to start 2 players for the game. Len, who do you like in this one?

Len: I like the Chiefs!

i swear the guy NEVER EVER EVER picked the Chiefs to lose - EVER. i know he was their QB and does/did work for the team but this guy gave more BJs to the Chiefs than Jenna Jameson ever would

shows like this had their time - not any more. used to be we would all huddle around the TV @ halftime of MNF to see "Halftime Highlights" and see/hear Howard Cosell narrate them and you would pray they showed your team so you could see more hilites of them then the 30 seconds at most you saw on the local news

won't be shocked to see it end up on NFL Network - some kind of version of it

shooterman

EOG Veteran

Are you telling me that there is a product out there that requires payment to listen to Dejon Sanders? HaHaHa. Stop! Please! you are killing me!