Does anyone get B12 shots ? Any real healthy eaters out there?

Journeyman

EOG Master
I hear they are great...this girl told me it was like 'a shot of cocaine', whatever that meant:+clueless

Anyone?
I assume these are totally safe....was curious what the difference between a shot and just taking the vitamins.

I am eating walnuts and drinking green tea now, trying to eat right from now on.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Does anyone get B12 shots ? Any real healthy eaters out there?

I hear they are great...this girl told me it was like 'a shot of cocaine', whatever that meant:+clueless

Anyone?
I assume these are totally safe....was curious what the difference between a shot and just taking the vitamins.

I am eating walnuts and drinking green tea now, trying to eat right from now on.

Sounds boring. Might give you a few extra months though.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Sounds boring. Might give you a few extra months though.

No I will live well past everyone, I am not looking for a few months and this will add 10 + years , its not the extra years its the feel that I am after...I am trying to get super lean and have more energy....MC you are still in your 20's I'm here to tell you right now, things change and you better think about this stuff now...and this is coming from someone who's been in great to outstanding shape for his whole life...it is freakin scary!

all you 20 something be very thankful and realize this NOW.....I never thought I'd feel any different:rolleyes:

Walmuits aint cheap either and they taste a step above tree bark:doh1 the green tea is okay I guess

:whatever:

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast
shot of cocaine...hmmm

shot of cocaine...hmmm

i wouldnt say that. she may be someone who does not eat alot of meat where B12 is found in abundance so she may receive a boost from that.....
some people say that it works as an appetite stimulant, but i have yet to see that in many people at all.
if you dont eat much red meat i would supplement with it.
seriously i wouldnt take go through the time to draw it out, load it up, and shoot it daily. one dose of a b12 pill is like no joke 16,000% usually of what you need daily so youre pretty much good to go.
you can take all the supplements and vitamins you want, but if youre diet is bad nothing is gonna save you. eating clean foods and dieting are two different things. eating walnuts and green tea although good wont sustain you. i would find 10 - 12 clean healthy foods you like and start to mix and match them in meals. changing your diet, not "dieting", will make you much more efficient mentally and physically. you dont have to do it all at once, btu start to make the change. you will be glad you did

Journeyman

EOG Master

NJKid, you are absolutely correct, it turns out she is dieting to the max!

I had a bad experience a few years back that I believe was caused by overload of B vitamins which became toxic and caused temperary nerve damage! Thanks for the reply.

Any dietary advice you would like to chime in with is appreciated.

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast

NJKid, you are absolutely correct, it turns out she is dieting to the max!

I had a bad experience a few years back that I believe was caused by overload of B vitamins which became toxic and caused temperary nerve damage! Thanks for the reply.

Any dietary advice you would like to chime in with is appreciated.

i will always talk diet if you need help. it's funny you joked about when youre not in your 20's anymore. when i was in my 20's i could run through a brick wall on three hours sleep, a cheeseburger, and a pack of marlboros a day and look like a fucking underwear model.
now, 33, dont smoke, barely drink, eat very well (although i always really did that), and need sleep like a 90 year old all to look better than these 20 something fucks i use to be. god to be in my 20's again....life is unfair

Journeyman

EOG Master

lol I hear you!

Well as for me I am 39 and realizing it is time to eat better...I am 5-10 210ish , I have lifted weights for over 20 years, but never dieted, I have always stayed pretty lean but not bodybuilder lean I just loved to eat too much for that 'look' anyway now I am more into eating healthy.

If you have any suggestions on what exactly to eat that is somewhat still tasty I'd appreciate it. I dont need to eat perfect just want to be somewhat leaner, maybe drop 6-7 lbs.

I dont do any drugs and rarely drink so that is not an issue...I just hate to have my pizza and coke and snacks taken away altogether!
:doh1

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

No I will live well past everyone, I am not looking for a few months and this will add 10 + years , its not the extra years its the feel that I am after...I am trying to get super lean and have more energy....MC you are still in your 20's I'm here to tell you right now, things change and you better think about this stuff now...and this is coming from someone who's been in great to outstanding shape for his whole life...it is freakin scary!

all you 20 something be very thankful and realize this NOW.....I never thought I'd feel any different:rolleyes:

Walmuits aint cheap either and they taste a step above tree bark:doh1 the green tea is okay I guess

:whatever:

Appreciate the advice. But 30 is coming up real soon. I admit I do not eat healthy.....hotdogs, fried chicken, pizza, fries, coke, coke, coke.

I should change soon.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted

Why the fascination with getting injected in the ass journey?:smokesmal

shapsplace

EOG Addicted

Well, since this is a workout/diet thread, I wanted to chime in...
My goal is to become much more fit.
Jersey, do you have any ideas for me?
I'm 5 10 about 175, pretty lean but would like to have a better definition and be much more fit... I eat pretty good, love to drink and do not workout as much as I should... Do you think I should focus on Cardio or more on weights, or a mixture of the two? Any good supplement recs?

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast

Well, since this is a workout/diet thread, I wanted to chime in...
My goal is to become much more fit.
Jersey, do you have any ideas for me?
I'm 5 10 about 175, pretty lean but would like to have a better definition and be much more fit... I eat pretty good, love to drink and do not workout as much as I should... Do you think I should focus on Cardio or more on weights, or a mixture of the two? Any good supplement recs?

depending on your bf% i would say that 5;10 175 is a good base to have. the loving to drink and not really working out answers alot for you. i would quite honestly focus on basic movements to get back in the swing of things. use compound movements to get the joints,ligaments, tendons, and muscles all intuned together again.
since you arent really training now i wouldnt suggest the supps as your body doesnt need to repair itself from the intensity of your training as it's minimal now. a good multi vitamin, possibly extra e and c, and get proper rest right now. once you get back to training you can devise a proper nutrition plan that compliments the need to eat for the function of supporting your activity level and goals.
right nw you eat because you feel like it or are hungry. you dont have a real purpose to eat properly for until you truly define and commit to a goal.
once you have a goal, i'm sure you will acheive it with proper planning like any other goals you have acheived to this point in your life

Journeyman

EOG Master

exactly...u have to have goals and i think writing them down helps alot...i have lifted for over 20 years and i still set goals, when i am in a down period. for some reason it helps, cant explain why but it seems to help psychologically seeing you have reached a goal or the progress written down, and when you write it down you are more apt to stick to it.

i am even doing squats again more for reps though, i have the fire back...a blonde barbie doll will do that for ya.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Is that you NJ Kid??? What are your stats ht wt? u looked seriously ripped! I could never get that ripped i like to eat too much, and have u done anything like HGH or steroids?

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast

Is that you NJ Kid??? What are your stats ht wt? u looked seriously ripped! I could never get that ripped i like to eat too much, and have u done anything like HGH or steroids?
yeah thats me!! i'm right now 5'11(umm thats not gonna change,,haha) and 194lbs. i am looking to get up to 205 but i like to stay lean. in thoe pics i'm like 5% bf which i use to hold about 5-6%year round, but it is so hard on my health in the winter because not matter how much echnicea,vitmains, glutamine, whatevr i take i still would get sick all the time. i'm naturally a lean guy genetically.everyone in my family is very very thing. no guy in my family is over like 165 so for me to be 195 and lean is pretty unheard of and i have to eat about 4200- 4500 cals a day to maintain it.its hard because im not a big eater at all but i got use to it over time. like probably 50- 60% of my cals come from shakes of some sort as i cant eat massive meals that are 800 - 1000 cals, but i can slug down a 800 cal shake 3 x a day so that helps.

Journeyman

EOG Master

damn! 4500 calories!

can u give me a few of your muscle builder shakes that taste half decent? What protein do u recommend, do u add protein supps to the shakes?

i think i may have talked to you before at Rx ...now that I think about it, your description sounds familar.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

HEY WOULD YOU TWO F-GS CONTINUE THIS STUPID CONVERSATION DOWN IN THE DUMP.

WHO REALLY GIVES A F-CK ABOUT A COUPLE OF HOMOS LOOKING AT EACH OTHERS BODY.

HEY NJ KID ANYTIME YOU WANT TO COME TO SOUTH BOSTONS IRISH SOCIAL CLUB AND FLEX YOUR MUSCLES I AM SURE WE COULD FIND 10 GUYS TO KICK YOUR ARSE.TAKE THE F-G TALK TO THE DUMP WOULD YOU PLEASE

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast

damn! 4500 calories!

can u give me a few of your muscle builder shakes that taste half decent? What protein do u recommend, do u add protein supps to the shakes?

i think i may have talked to you before at Rx ...now that I think about it, your description sounds familar.

i have a account at rx , but have never posted. the only high cal shake i use is prolab nlarge2 and for a midday protein shake i use rich gaspari's intrapro. at night you can use a decently priced optimum nutrition casein protein which will break down over hours of sleep for recovery and to avoid fasting at rest.
the only supps i take are a multi, akg in the am, and bcaa throughout the day whenever im noe eating. i eat them like candyto avoid negative nitrogen balance.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

HEY NJ KID BIG STRONG GUY LIKE YOU DO YOU F-CKING WORK YOU LAZY BUM.LET ME SEE YOU HAVE MUSCLES LIKE THAT AFTER WORKING IN CONSTRUCTION FOR 8 HOURS A DAY.

WHERE THE F-CK DO WE GET THESE GUYS JOURNEYMAN IS 39 NJ KID IS PROBABLY THE SAME AGE AND NOBODY WORKS JESUS CHRIST ONLY IN AMERICA.

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast
really?

really?

HEY NJ KID ANYTIME YOU WANT TO COME TO SOUTH BOSTONS IRISH SOCIAL CLUB AND FLEX YOUR MUSCLES I AM SURE WE COULD FIND 10 GUYS TO KICK YOUR ARSE.TAKE THE F-G TALK TO THE DUMP WOULD YOU PLEASE

First of all show some class as i dont think making anti gay remarks is called for. personally, i'm not offended, but there may be someone viewing this who doesnt appreciate it.
I appologize if somehow this wound up in the wrong forum? save your tough guy south boston trash remarks. i'm not going to engage you in some tough guy typing war on this forum as i have more respect for the people who view this than to do that.

Journeyman

EOG Master

pay no mind to him...lol

this is a great topic.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I take a B12 supplement once a day with a meal. Its a 1000mcg tablet. It makes me feel good. I'm overall healthy and don't really need the supplement, but i figure "why not"

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

NEVER MIND THE F-CKING BULLSH-T NJ KID DO YOU WORK YOU LAZY BUM.OF COURSE YOU CAN HAVE MUSCLES LIKE THAT IF YOU DONT WORK AND LIFT WEIGHTS ALLDAY LONG.LET ME SEE YOU DO AN 8 HOUR SHIFT THEN GO TO THE GYM.

Journeyman

EOG Master

i have a account at rx , but have never posted. the only high cal shake i use is prolab nlarge2 and for a midday protein shake i use rich gaspari's intrapro. at night you can use a decently priced optimum nutrition casein protein which will break down over hours of sleep for recovery and to avoid fasting at rest.
the only supps i take are a multi, akg in the am, and bcaa throughout the day whenever im noe eating. i eat them like candyto avoid negative nitrogen balance.

I need this kind of advice...:cheers

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

I THINK YOU ALREADY TOOK HIS ADVICE JOURNEYMAN YOU GUYS ARE BOTH THE SAME TWO LAZY BUMS WHO DONT WORK AND SIT AROUND DRINKING MILK SHAKES ALLDAY LONG.39 YEARS OLD AND NO WORK MAN THAT IS SAD HOW WILL YOU EVER COLLECT SOCIAL SECURITY JOURNEYMAN YOU HAVENT PUT ANYTHING INTO THE SYSTEM.

Journeyman

EOG Master

He doesnt look lazy and I know I am not lazy....take the advice while you still can, bitter and old is not a good combination Jim.

The wife eats about 1200-1400 calories per day. I eat about 5000 (or so she tells me). Can you guess who the FATASS is?

I THINK YOU ALREADY TOOK HIS ADVICE JOURNEYMAN YOU GUYS ARE BOTH THE SAME TWO LAZY BUMS WHO DONT WORK AND SIT AROUND DRINKING MILK SHAKES ALLDAY LONG.39 YEARS OLD AND NO WORK MAN THAT IS SAD HOW WILL YOU EVER COLLECT SOCIAL SECURITY JOURNEYMAN YOU HAVENT PUT ANYTHING INTO THE SYSTEM.

BTJ are you really black like Ken said?

Journeyman

EOG Master

The wife eats about 1200-1400 calories per day. I eat about 5000 (or so she tells me). Can you guess who the FATASS is?

I dunno but lets see soem more pictures...Travis I have landed a major babe myself...i d post a few pictures but it wouldnt be believed anyway....

love is in the air :houra :houra :houra

I dunno but lets see soem more pictures...Travis I have landed a major babe myself...i d post a few pictures but it wouldnt be believed anyway....

love is in the air :houra :houra :houra

Get my email from the mods. I would love to see the pics.

CONGRATS BRO!! It is a great feeling.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

JOURNEYMAN WHAT DO YOU TELL THIS GIRL YOU DO FOR WORK.MODERATOR AT A FORUM :LMAO OH MAN SHE WOULD DUMP YOU IN A MINUTE.MOST WOMEN WANT TO GET SERIOUS WITH MEN WHO HAVE A FUTURE JOURNEYMAN SO I AM JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU TELL HER YOUR OCCUPTAION IS.:+clueless

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast
you are a rediculous sad man

you are a rediculous sad man

JOURNEYMAN WHAT DO YOU TELL THIS GIRL YOU DO FOR WORK.MODERATOR AT A FORUM :LMAO OH MAN SHE WOULD DUMP YOU IN A MINUTE.MOST WOMEN WANT TO GET SERIOUS WITH MEN WHO HAVE A FUTURE JOURNEYMAN SO I AM JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU TELL HER YOUR OCCUPTAION IS.:+clueless

i am actually sitting in my office right now. my gf who is an attorney will be meeting me at myhome later in our affluent town in northern nj. i built my business working 16 hours days for the last 10 years. i owe you no explanation and i would never bring up money or privledge as i am not that type of person. i grew up in very humble beginnings. i have earned everything i have. i have worked mysef into the ground for years to beable to take 5 minutes and write something on the internet not related to work thank you.
no i dont work in construction 8 hours a day. i admire the work ethic of anyone who can endure that day in and day out as i can admit that i couldnt possibly. anytime you would like to have a pissing contest feel free to let me know. im actually a real down to earth nice guy. you shouldnt be so hostile and jaded

Re: you are a rediculous sad man

i am actually sitting in my office right now. my gf who is an attorney will be meeting me at myhome later in our affluent town in northern nj. i built my business working 16 hours days for the last 10 years. i owe you no explanation and i would never bring up money or privledge as i am not that type of person. i grew up in very humble beginnings. i have earned everything i have. i have worked mysef into the ground for years to beable to take 5 minutes and write something on the internet not related to work thank you.
no i dont work in construction 8 hours a day. i admire the work ethic of anyone who can endure that day in and day out as i can admit that i couldnt possibly. anytime you would like to have a pissing contest feel free to let me know. im actually a real down to earth nice guy. you shouldnt be so hostile and jaded

NJKID,

BTJ is a "northern redneck". You cant win as he doesnt understand logic. Don't sweat him. Plenty of cool dudes around here, like Jman, to BS with.

Congrats on a successful business! :cheers

Last edited:

Journeyman

EOG Master

I thought you had more sense, I really did, do you really think everyone sits here doing nothing else all day...do you not realize you can read a forum and do other things, like even be away from your house, out working working from home, lifting weights....you have the idealism of a freakin caveman!

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast

NJKID,

BTJ is a "northern redneck". You cant win as he doesnt understand logic. Don't sweat him. Plenty of cool dudes around here, like Jman, to BS with.

Congrats on a sucessful business! :cheers

thank you sir. everyone has been really nice to me on here that i have spoken with. i appreciate you taking time to write. i would like to stay around and learn and talk shop with everyone.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

JOURNEYMAN YOU POST FROM 7 A.M. TO 11 PM EVERYDAY HOW CAN YOU TELL US YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT THIS FORUM.WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD A REAL JOB BESIDE THIS CYBER LIFE.

JOURNEYMAN WHEN YOU RETIRE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY IS GOING TO BE NOTHING YOU HAVE TO EARN WAGERS AND PAY INTO THE SYSTEM TO BE ELIDGIBLE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY.I WILL GET CLOSE TO 2800 A MONTH I KNOW ITS NOT MUCH BUT THE CHECKS WILL ALWAYS BE THERE.GET OFF YOUR ARSE JOURNEYMAN BEFORE ITS TO LATE GO GET A TAX PAYING JOB YOU LAZY BUM

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Jim, what do you mean TWO ***s? This is the same person having a conversation with himself again. NJ Kid a/k/a Egg Yolk Soup II