My Prediction..for Obama

dirty

EOG Master
just by posters here

Hillary wins Texas by a small margin

Obama wins Ohio by a large margin....... Billary puts her eggs in too many mothers basket......

dirty

EOG Master
Re: My Prediction..for Obama

do I want a black president. no do I want a democratic president no..I want a President that wants the constitiution

do I want a black president. no do I want a democratic president no..I want a President that wants the constitiution

Dirty, do you mean another George Bush? A man who says the Constitution is just a piece of paper.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

agreed, it would be nice to have a president that follows the constitution rather than try to circumvent it ( i mean both parties).

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

agreed, it would be nice to have a president that follows the constitution rather than try to circumvent it ( i mean both parties).
Obama has a public side that seems to have struck a chord with many voters on the primary trail,and on that account he is a mighty appealing candidate.
but
It's odd that the road to the Democratic nomination has been as clear as it has been for Obama ,there's been little criticicsm or scrutiny of him by the mainstream media.
Does Obama have a private side which needs examining,who are the backers and supporters lurking in the shadows?
Here's a closer look at the complete Obama:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Helvetica,Swiss][SIZE=-1]WSWS : News & Analysis : North America[/SIZE][/FONT]
The two faces of Barack Obama

By Bill Van Auken
14 February 2008

The Illinois senator has the instincts of an agitator and seeks to give the crowds what he senses they want. In Wisconsin, he linked ?record profits? for Exxon to the rising ?price at the pump,? provoking enthusiastic applause. He spoke of trade agreements that ?ship jobs overseas and force parents to compete with their teenagers for minimum wage at Wal-Mart.? And he pledged to be a ?president who will listen to Main Street?not just Wall Street; a president who will stand with workers not just when it?s easy, but when it?s hard.?
Turning to the question of Iraq, he declared that ?our troops are sent to fight tour after tour of duty in a war that should?ve never been authorized and should?ve never been waged,? and derided those who ?use 9/11 to scare up votes.?
He continued by citing deteriorating social conditions facing average Americans: ?the father who goes to work before dawn and then lies awake at night wondering how he?s going to pay the bills;? ?the woman who told me she works the night shift after a full day at college and still can?t afford health care for a sister who?s ill;? the retiree ?who lost his pension when the company he gave his life to went bankrupt;? and ?the teacher who works at Dunkin Donuts after school just to make ends meet.?
He responded with promises of tax cuts for working people, health care reform, better pay and a government that would ?protect pensions, not CEO bonuses.?

Echoing the rhetoric of Martin Luther King, he concluded his speech with the vow that ?our dream will not be deferred, our future will not be denied, and our time for change has come.?
There is an element in these speeches that would seem to give pause to the Democratic Party establishment and the big business interests it represents. Obama?s rhetorical excursions could be seen as leading into dangerous territory. After all, the Democratic Party has served as an indispensable partner in the Bush administration?s policies of war abroad and social reaction at home.
But this populist primary rhetoric is only one face of Obama.There is another, and it is turned firmly towards the very corporate interests he publicly criticizes, which have poured tens of millions of dollars into his campaign.

Thus, BusinessWeek noted, last Sunday[2/10/08] after learning of his victory in the Maine Democratic caucuses, Obama sat down at his computer to exchange emails with Robert Wolf, CEO of UBS America, one of his major Wall Street ?bundlers,? responsible for bringing in millions in donations from fellow multi-millionaires to finance what Obama refers to as his ?movement.? According to estimates made by the Center for Responsive Politics, 80 percent of the money raised by the Obama campaign last year came from donors affiliated with business, with Wall Street leading the pack. More than half of the money came in the form of donations totaling $2,300 or more.

In addition to Wolf, Obama stays in regular touch with Warren Buffett, the second-wealthiest individual in America, with a net worth of some $52 billion. Among his leading economic advisors is Austan Goolsbee, a University of Chicago professor and prominent advocate of free market policies.

<CENTER>The Volcker endorsement</CENTER>
Perhaps most significant was last month?s little reported endorsement of Obama by Paul Volcker, who was appointed Federal Reserve Board chairman by Democratic President Jimmy Carter in 1979 and remained in charge of the US central bank for nearly seven years under the right-wing Republican administration of Ronald Reagan.

Volcker was responsible for inaugurating a high-interest-rate regime demanded by the dominant sections of finance capital in the name of the battle against inflation. His monetary policy was inextricably linked to the offensive against the working class begun with the firing of the air traffic controllers and the breaking of the PATCO strike and continued with the shutdown of large sections of basic industry and the unleashing of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression of the 1930s. The ultimate effect of these policies was a vast transfer of wealth from the mass of working people to a narrow financial elite, a process that has continued to this day.

These are the real relations that are being forged behind the scenes as Obama delivers left phrases from the podium. Those like Volcker see the Illinois senator as a useful vehicle for effecting major changes aimed not at ameliorating the conditions of life for masses of working people, but rather at securing the global interests of American finance capital.

No doubt, they believe Obama, who would be America?s first African-American president, is best suited to confront the dangers posed by continuing economic crisis and rising social tensions. Who better to demand even greater sacrifices from the working class, all in the name of national unity and ?change?? At the same time, he would present a fresh face to the world, which they hope would help extricate US imperialism from the foreign policy debacles and growing global isolation that are the legacy of the Bush administration.

Given these big business ties, Obama?s campaign rhetoric about confronting poverty and social inequality involve a level of cynicism and demagogy that is truly staggering. His incessant promises of change are not tied to any radical economic program that fundamentally challenges the profit interests of the giant corporations and Wall Street.

To the extent that Obama?s rhetoric arouses popular expectations?and there are indications that it does?these will inevitably be dashed. In all probability, this will happen once the primary season is over and Obama is confronted by the Republican right as well as elements within the Democratic Party itself with the demand that he clarify his program. Should he capture the White House in November, he will head an administration committed to defending the interests of the American oligarchy both at home and abroad.

Those turning towards the Obama campaign as a means of effecting progressive social change in the US and bringing an end to US militarism abroad will find that the Democratic Party and the corporate and financial interests it represents will allow neither.
Excerpted from:
The two faces of Barack Obama

dirty

EOG Master

What is racist about my POst... I don't care who is in office...Black, green, white, etc... I just want someone that is a constitutionalist and will shrink the Government

that is how it was meant... Hell if you read my posts I am one of Obama's biggest supporters on here

Gee Dirty sure reads like a racist comment. I don't see how one could read it any other way.

scrimmage

Does who someone associates with say something about their character?

Barack Obama:Old package in a new wrapping
By K?llia Ramares
Online Journal Associate Editor
Feb 15, 2008, 00:15

He's young. He's black. And he's a great stump speaker. But if Barack Obama has you convinced that he represents change, he's pulled the wool over your eyes.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
He's a change only on the shallow level of identity politics, just as Hillary is.<O:p></O:p>
As the video, Barack to Hillary: I look forward to you advising me, illustrates, Barack Obama has many advisers from previous administrations, including the Clinton Administrations. Are these advisers going to advise any material change from the past? I don't think so.
<O:p></O:p>
If Obama truly represents change, he would not be recycling advisers from previous administrations.
<O:p></O:p>
One of his foreign policy advisers is Zbigniew Brzezinski, who goes back to the Carter Administration. Zbig is as imperialist as they come. He is the author of a book called "The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives" (Basic Books, 1997). Here are a few choice excerpts:

. . . it is correct to assert that America has become, as President Clinton put it, the world ?indispensible nation.? . . . Without sustained and directed American involvement, before long, the forces of global disorder could come to dominate the world scene. And the possibility of such a fragmentation is inherent in the geopolitical tensions not only of today's Eurasia but of the world more generally. [p. 195]

The last thing Zbig wants is what Peak Oil and climate change is now demanding: more political localism and local control of resources by the people of whose land they are a part. When this book was published in 1997, Big Oil thought it had discovered in the Caspian Sea basin oilfields that would be greater even than those of Saudi Arabia. However, soon thereafter, the oil companies found out that there was not nearly the amount of oil there that they thought and they canceled projects.

In the short run, it is in America's interest to consolidate and perpetuate the prevailing geopolitical pluralism on the map of Eurasia. That puts a premium on maneuver and manipulation in order to prevent the emergence of a hostile coalition that could eventually seek to challenge America's primacy, not to mention the remote possibility of any one particular state doing so. . . . The most immediate task is to make certain that no state or combination of states gains the capacity to expel the United States from Eurasia or even to diminish significantly its decisive arbitrating role. [p. 198].

A genuinely populist democracy has never before attained international supremacy. The pursuit of power and especially the economic costs and human sacrifice that the exercise of such power often requires are not generally congenial to democratic instincts. Democratization is inimical to imperial mobilization. [p. 210, emphasis mine]<O:p></O:p>
Last but not least:
Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multicultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in circumstances of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat. [p. 211, emphasis mine]

People such as Zbig, at a minimum, would welcome an event such as 9-11 as an opportunity to extend American hegemony.
If it's true that you are known by the company you keep, what does it say about Barack Obama that Zbig is one of his foreign policy advisers? And I believe him when he says he looks forward to Hillary advising him, Bill, too. If you think Obama represents change, think again. And if you are excited about his candidacy because he's black, remember the words of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. " . . . not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

There are some pretty sorry characters running for president these days. I recently saw a question online: "How come we get to choose from over 50 candidates for Miss America, but only 2 for president?" Indeed, how come?

Journalist K?llia Ramares of Oakland, Calif., thinks it is high time we dropped out of the Electoral College in favor of direct election of the president, with ranked-choice voting on paper ballots counted publicly by hand. Her email is kellia@rise4news.net.

Copyright ? 1998-2007 Online Journal
link:
Barack Obama: Old package in a new wrapping

Gee Dirty sure reads like a racist comment. I don't see how one could read it any other way.

That's not how I interpreted it. It seemed like he was trying to say that he doesn't want someone just because of his/her race or party, it is the constitutional aspect that he cares about (regardless of race or party)

Obama has a public side that seems to have struck a chord with many voters on the primary trail,and on that account he is a mighty appealing candidate. but It's odd that the road to the Democratic nomination has been as clear as it has been for Obama ,there's been little criticicsm or scrutiny of him by the mainstream media.
Does Obama have a private side which needs examining,who are the backers and supporters lurking in the shadows?

McCain will eat him alive in the general. All you gotta do is let the American people know about what this guy is on record as saying he will do and what he has voted on. Obama -- The ultimate liberal !!!!

McCain will eat him alive in the general. All you gotta do is let the American people know about what this guy is on record as saying he will do and what he has voted on. Obama -- The ultimate liberal !!!!

I think you can still get down on McCain, Nic. . . .He's +190 at 5Dimes. . .:bank:

That's not how I interpreted it. It seemed like he was trying to say that he doesn't want someone just because of his/her race or party, it is the constitutional aspect that he cares about (regardless of race or party)

Awful lots of leeway given there, but whatever. He said he didn't want a Black or a Democrat. I'll leave it at that.

dirty

EOG Master

Awful lots of leeway given there, but whatever. He said he didn't want a Black or a Democrat. I'll leave it at that.

Take and Innocent Statement...that I already explained and another Poster even defended me on that I do not know hardly (since he just started posting)....and Not one other poster that reads this forum had an issue with it...and still try to slam me for it..... Must be nice to be so perfect and never type a sentence that could be taken wrong :whatever:

My explanation should have been enough, but it wasn't... you can read all 60K of my posts here and the 30K at my old site and you will never see one racist remark come from me..... I have family Married to blacks...I have many friends who are not white.... Thanks for judging me though :cheers:cheers:cheers

mr merlin

EOG Master

I dont think there's any reason to apologize for not kissing black ass dirty. It's possible to not be a racist and still not suck up to them y'know.

scrimmage

Nic,
Guess you're not ready for "change",and won't be assuming the position that many devoted Obama supporters have taken[ROTFLMAO]:

It?s time for ?downward dog,? Senator Obama. Tout de suite! On your hands and knees. Lift your buttocks to the sky. Stretch your chest through your arms. Tuck you pelvis. Pull in those hips. Maintain that lumbar curve. And breathe. Maintain position until stretched just beyond endurance. Then bend your knees slightly and without sacrificing any of the integrity of your pose, straigthen them by rotating your thigh bones in and stretching your sitz bones further apart. Now breathe.

The ?meta? message of this admittedly amateur mini Iyengar Yoga session is, in essence, just when you think you?ve reached the breaking point, a slight adjustment provides accesss to parts of yourself which can be utlized to add more strength and longevity to the pose.

In short, the key to victory in the Obama campaign might not be ?turning the page? back to engage Washington-style politics. No, rather it might just call for even more radical adhesion and commitment to the postion.

I?d suggest downward dog and a touch of game theory, an unmilitary application of the principles of fourth generation warfare.
2007 October ? Backseat Baby Boomers For Obama

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Take and Innocent Statement...that I already explained and another Poster even defended me on that I do not know hardly (since he just started posting)....and Not one other poster that reads this forum had an issue with it...and still try to slam me for it..... Must be nice to be so perfect and never type a sentence that could be taken wrong :whatever:

My explanation should have been enough, but it wasn't... you can read all 60K of my posts here and the 30K at my old site and you will never see one racist remark come from me..... I have family Married to blacks...I have many friends who are not white.... Thanks for judging me though :cheers:cheers:cheers

cmon dirty that in my book does look like a racist statement. If you said black and then a woman maybe, but you said black and democrat. I thought the same thing.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I dont think there's any reason to apologize for not kissing black ass dirty. It's possible to not be a racist and still not suck up to them y'know.

Now that is one racist (Merlin) trying to talk to another guy he feels is a racist (dirty)

d ray

EOG Dedicated

scrimmage,

do you have any thoughts of your own?? Or are you just a copy and paster? keep posted those super long articles that suck!:smokesmal

scrimmage

scrimmage,

do you have any thoughts of your own?? Or are you just a copy and paster? keep posted those super long articles that suck!:smokesmal

I usually add some comments to the articles you think suck,but which none of the true believers address the content of.
And there are other copy/paster posters too does your criticism apply to them also,or just to the ones you disagree with.

scrimmage

Obama isnt even black man - he's just as white as he is black. Or maybe subtle racists like you think that if a person has a small % of black blood he is all "black", huh?

When you come right down to it,everyone's-no matter what ethnicity- a racist in some way,shape,or form ,whether we know it or not,unfortunaltely it's human nature.I'm just as guilty as anyone else.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I usually add some comments to the articles you think suck,but which none of the true believers address the content of.
And there are other copy/paster posters too does your criticism apply to them also,or just to the ones you disagree with.

No, the criticism is only to ones that disagree with me or i topic i actually care about. i could care less about the copy and paste on a topic i don't care about. i've copied and pasted b4, i just wanted to know where you stood.

My last words on this...

I don't really care if anyone is racist, it just was a good conversation point as proven by the legs of this thread. However to me for anyone to say I won't vote for X is a bit judgmental. I have voted for people in both parties and will continue to do so. I have nothing against voting for any race or sex. I would vote for gay or straight, young or old, rich or trailer trash beginnings, etc. I hold nothing against any one, they have to stand on merits and merits alone. Fair enough if Dirty thinks upholding the Constitution is his main point, that is good enough reasoning. I am certain Dirty is more conscientious with his votes than a majority of Americans.

I agree. Dirty had the right to be wrong. I happen to think Ron Paul is the Constitutional candidate, but what the hell do I know!???