OT: Should College kids be allowed to carry guns on Campus?

OT: Should College kids be allowed to carry guns on Campus?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran
Given they have Permit to Carry a Concealed Weapon? Its becoming a topic on a lot of campus's today.

Re: OT: Should College kids be allowed to carry guns on Campus?

I voted "yes" for the fun of it, but obviously it wouldn't be a great idea to have droves of late-teen/early-twenty-somethings with handguns in their backpacks on campuses.

That on its own is a recipe for disaster, nevermind the actual psychopathic spree killers going on rampage on a regular basis!

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Given they have Permit to Carry a Concealed Weapon?

WELL, THE ALTERNATIVE IS WHAT WE ALREADY GOT...SITTING DUCKS.

I VOTE AFFIRM...CONTINGENT UPON PROPER, PROFICIENT AND CONTINUED MARKSMANSHIP TRAINING.

STUDENTS HAVE JUST AS MUCH OF A RIGHT TO DEFEND THEIR LIFE USING DEADLY FORCE AS 'NORMAL' CITIZENS.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

WELL, THE ALTERNATIVE IS WHAT WE ALREADY GOT...SITTING DUCKS.

I VOTE AFFIRM...CONTINGENT UPON PROPER, PROFICIENT AND CONTINUED MARKSMANSHIP TRAINING.

STUDENTS HAVE JUST AS MUCH OF A RIGHT TO DEFEND THEIR LIFE USING DEADLY FORCE AS 'NORMAL' CITIZENS.

I agree 100% the problem is in state schools the buildings are "government buildings" and "normal citizens" arent to conceal in a government building either.

What about shopping malls? There's lots of mass murder shootings in shopping malls as well. Are we going to hand out AK-47s at mall entrances to all who enter, or permit concealed weapons there?

As many good arguments there are against having mass concealed weapon permits available, I would hate to be perusing books a Barnes & Noble only to hit the deck and run for my life without any way to direct defend myself because someone goes psycho with shotgun.

We may ask: do we live in an ultra-violent society, or is the mass media feeding our fear?

There are about 300,000,000 citizens in the US, so some random acts of violence are to be expected. But on the same note, if you shoot at me I want to be able to shoot back!

Right. Can you imagine 10-12 of these people having guns and going at it.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

What about shopping malls? There's lots of mass murder shootings in shopping malls as well. Are we going to hand out AK-47s at mall entrances to all who enter, or permit concealed weapons there?

As many good arguments there are against having mass concealed weapon permits available, I would hate to be perusing books a Barnes & Nobles only to hit the deck and run for my life because someone goes psycho with shotgun without any way to direct defend myself.

We may ask: do we live in an ultra-violent society or is the mass media feeding our fear?

There are about 300,000,000 citizens in the US, so some random acts of violence are to be expected. But on the same note, if you shoot at me I want to be able to shoot back!

How many shootings do you ever ear about at gunshows where there are thousands of people there and 4 or 5 guns in the place for every person. I went to a gun show in Indy and stood in line for a half hour to get in with every person holding a gun. If you know people arent armed adn defenseless nothing is stoppin the shooter. However, if you know that people are armed and will protect themselves it might detour them.
Some of these college lecture halls hold 250-300 people with only 1 or 2 exits. Every kid in there is nothing but a sitting duck.

I watch a lot of college football and basketball.

Just a hunch, but I'm thinkin' a lot of these kids already have guns.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

I watch a lot of college football and basketball.

Just a hunch, but I'm thinkin' a lot of these kids already have guns.

Maybe i doubt the carry them to campus. First offense is expelled from the university. Education is to expensive these days for me and im sure others to even considering taking that risk.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

if you think that the person who is going to go on a rampage will feel deterred or threatened because other people might have guns, ur crazy, he'll just get a bigger gun. stupid is as stupid does, if you want to go on a shooting rampage there is no stopping it unless you want military police in every school.

The Devil

EOG Master

Given they have Permit to Carry a Concealed Weapon? Its becoming a topic on a lot of campus's today.

NO ONE............NOWHERE OTHER THAN PEACE OFFICERS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON..............LET ALONE SOME 18 YEAR OLD SCHOOL KID.........

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

NO ONE............NOWHERE OTHER THAN PEACE OFFICERS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON..............LET ALONE SOME 18 YEAR OLD SCHOOL KID.........

:+clueless False. Study up on your constitution:rolleyes:

The Devil

EOG Master

How many shootings do you ever ear about at gunshows where there are thousands of people there and 4 or 5 guns in the place for every person. I went to a gun show in Indy and stood in line for a half hour to get in with every person holding a gun. If you know people arent armed adn defenseless nothing is stoppin the shooter. However, if you know that people are armed and will protect themselves it might detour them.
Some of these college lecture halls hold 250-300 people with only 1 or 2 exits. Every kid in there is nothing but a sitting duck.

THAT'S A CROCK OF SHIT........IT IS TOO EASY TO GET GUNS.........

LETS ARM THE WHOLE COUNTRY SO EVERYONE WILL HAVE A GUN SO NONE OF THE CRIMINALS WILL BOTHER ANYONE......

BELIEVE THAT SHIT AND THE TOOTH FAIRY WILL PUT A BUCK AND A BULLITT UNDER YOUR PILLOW................

The Devil

EOG Master

YEAH I KNOW ALL ABOUT THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.......BUT I CAN'T OWN A GUN IN NEW YORK.........GUESS THAT AINT PART OF THE COUNTRY...........

How do you suggest this could be regulated? Anyone can walk onto a campus or into buildings with a gun. It's not practical to have armed guards and metal detectors in front of every building, and unless this happens any legislation would be useless.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

How do you suggest this could be regulated? Anyone can walk onto a campus or into buildings with a gun. It's not practical to have armed guards and metal detectors in front of every building, and unless this happens any legislation would be useless.

If armed guards were at the door with metal detectors us college kids wouldnt have to worry about protecting ourselves.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

THAT'S A CROCK OF SHIT........IT IS TOO EASY TO GET GUNS.........

LETS ARM THE WHOLE COUNTRY SO EVERYONE WILL HAVE A GUN SO NONE OF THE CRIMINALS WILL BOTHER ANYONE......

BELIEVE THAT SHIT AND THE TOOTH FAIRY WILL PUT A BUCK AND A BULLITT UNDER YOUR PILLOW................

Will the criminals leave you alone? Maybe not. But i bet he dont come break into my house a second time.

The Devil

EOG Master

Will the criminals leave you alone? Maybe not. But i bet he dont come break into my house a second time.

GUESS IF WE ARM EVERYONE THERE WILL BE NO MORE CRIME!!!!!

BECAUSE THEN NOT ONLY CRIMINALS WILL HAVE GUNS.......

The mass murder assholes are out to take as many people as they can with them as they suicide themselves--and that is what the university shootings that have been in the headlines lately are, the shooter is committing a "glorified" suicide wherein not only end their own lives, but do so in a blaze of glory (from their perspectives).

But it's hard to go out in a "blaze of glory" when your targets are shooting back!

And, of course, that is why the these assholes don't go to gun shows or police stations, or nation guard armories, etc to make their final stand against society.

So perhaps we all should carry more personal handguns to deter such acts of violence?

I don't know if that is a good answer because it seems that no matter how armed citizens in the US become in general, there will always be an opportunity to kill masses of innocent people just because the mass murder assholes seek to attack groups of people when they're off their guard.

So to defend against a very small minority of psychopathic murderers should we always be armed and always be vigilant against a possible shooter?

Where is the freedom in such a society?

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

GUESS IF WE ARM EVERYONE THERE WILL BE NO MORE CRIME!!!!!

BECAUSE THEN NOT ONLY CRIMINALS WILL HAVE GUNS.......

Obviously youll always have criminals. The two shotguns 9 mil and ar 15 in my room will hopefully keep me and my loved ones alive.

(Im getting into gun collecting tho we arent going to agree on guns obviously)

I say no to guns in college. I encourage kids however to carry 8" inch sharp knives.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

YEAH I KNOW ALL ABOUT THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.......BUT I CAN'T OWN A GUN IN NEW YORK.........GUESS THAT AINT PART OF THE COUNTRY...........

SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM?

PERHAPS YOU SHOULDN?T CONFUSE RIGHT OF OWNERSHIP WITH ABILITY TO ACCESS.
:smokesmal

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

Is it everyone in New York that cant own guns or just certain segments?

For instance here in Indiana you cant if you have a felony on your record

I think most college students are intoxicated 90% of the time... Can't imagine throwing a gun into the picture would help things.