Who was Billy Walters mentor?

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated
Re: Who was Billy Walters mentor?

Dr. Ivan Mindlin would be a good guess. There were a lot of people in that first computer group.

The Devil

EOG Master

i would go with doc also........

quick doc story................was at the airport in Caracas with him, we had flown together from Margarita........dude was dressed to the nines.....

tee shirt......shorts.....long black socks and cowboy boots.......put that on a tiny frame and you have quite a sight.......

I was going to New York, I think he was going to London......

We go up to the American Airlines counter and he pulls out an AA card and gives it to the guy..........well the guy had never seen the card and starts giving doc a little bit of a hard time.......finally a supervisor comes over and makes a few calls and gives doc the ticket....

Seems that in the 70's American Airlines had some kind of promotion......pay $50,000 for this card and fly anywhere, anytime first class for life.......

Doc had bought one and told me AA could never get even with him.............

quick doc story................was at the airport in Caracas with him, we had flown together from Margarita........dude was dressed to the nines.....

tee shirt......shorts.....long black socks and cowboy boots.......put that on a tiny frame and you have quite a sight.......

We go up to the American Airlines counter and he pulls out an AA card and gives it to the guy..........well the guy had never seen the card and starts giving doc a little bit of a hard time.......finally a supervisor comes over and makes a few calls and gives doc the ticket....

Seems that in the 70's American Airlines had some kind of promotion......pay $50,000 for this card and fly anywhere, anytime first class for life.......

lmao

Freddie is he the nutbar in the background that screams and the clerks always say "he said you can have this much" or "he said" all the time at C whoever that dude is needs a vacation guy yells like a nutbar everytime you call in a big play

Devil - Good story. It sure would be fun to sit down and have a few beers with you. :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Great story, Devil. They probably can't wait for the Doc to kick.:+textinb3

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

Yeah, I am sure I am probably younger than you but I know even at the end of the 80's they had that thing. Mark Cuban got one of those when he sold Microsolutions for 6 million. paid like 115K for some 200K miles a year and travelled the world. Wonder if they still have that. It was something like that and was a lifetime pass on american airlines

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

Actually, who is this Billy Walters anyway? I am assuming some old time Vegas better or something?

And who has mentors like that anyway in this business? Kinda cut and dry. We all look at the same shit. Just maybe analyze it differently.

The Devil

EOG Master

lmao

Freddie is he the nutbar in the background that screams and the clerks always say "he said you can have this much" or "he said" all the time at C whoever that dude is needs a vacation guy yells like a nutbar everytime you call in a big play

NO...HE VERY RARELY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OFFICE OTHER THAN THE STARTING NUMBERS AND WHAT POSITIONS TO GET........