HD's 3/14 CBB

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated
Early plays here (up to 4:30 PM):

NOTE: I played these last night, so some numbers not available.

521 Florida State (+7') 1st Half
522 North Carolina (-13) Game

I think FSU hangs tight for the first half and UNC will be a little flat, and then UNC will turn it up in the 2nd.

529/530 Michigan/Wisconsin Over 117
529 Michigan (+7') 1st Half

531 Ohio State/Michigan State Over 121
532 Michigan St (-4)
Short term revenger here for Sparty. They controlled almost the whole game and fell apart towards the end. Won't happen here.

537/538 Oklahoma St/Texas Over 130
538 Texas (-7)

545/546 South Carolina/Tennessee Over 144
545 South Carolina (+7) (-115) 1st Half
545 South Carolina (+12') Game
This is a soft line for the Vols here. Too soft.

547/548 Vanderbilt/Arkansas Over 143
548 Arkansas (PK)
Auburn exposed Vandy's soft defense. Arkansas will do the same.

GL and more later

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated
Re: HD's 3/14 CBB

Add:

PATRIOT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
585 Colgate (+6')
Colgate is 0-8 all-time against American. They lost by 8 in both home and away meetings this year. Yet the line opened 7? American won the league this year, but these 2 clubs are even IMO. There are no monsters in the Patriot like Bucknell and Holy Cross have been in recent years.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

9-4-1 to start if Arkansas hangs on up 6 w/ :24.7 left.

Early evening card:

525 Georgia Tech (+11)
GT has the athleticism to compete with Duke and does have its fair share of upperclassmen. They were banged up at Duke and hung in all game.

533 Illinois (+5)
Held my nose as I bet this. I still like veteran clubs over young talent. Purdue won by 8 at Illinois and by 7 at home. Why is this 5 on a "neutral"?

533/534 Illinois/Purdue Over 120
These clubs know exactly what the other clubs do on both sides of the ball. If this is close and I think it may be, fouls will come. Hopefully it's the Illini leading b/c they can't shoot a lick at the FT line.

541 Nebraska (+8) (-115) 1st Half
541 Nebraska (+15) (-115) Game
Nebraska got blown out both times against these guys, but I like the way Doc's team has played down the stretch. Kansas tends to struggle in their first game of the B12 Tourney and then turns it up on the weekend.

541/542 Nebraska/Kansas under 128'
After playing these guys twice, Doc will attempt to slow the pace big time.

549 Alabama (+6) (-120)

549/550 Alabama/Mississippi State Over 139
I hope the over train continues. I think every game but one (the Bama-Florida game) has gone over. The rims at the Georgia Dome seem soft.

556 UTEP (+2)
Tulsa swept these guys, but I see UTEP as the more motivated team. Barbee is a former Memphis assistant and his guys would actually embrace getting another crack at them.

558 Xavier (-5) (-120)
X let Dayton hang around, but this team is on a mission in this tournament. St. Joe's in their third straight game may be wearing down. They only play 6 guys for the most part and X goes 10 deep at least.

561/562 West Virginia/Georgetown Under 59' 1st Half
561/562 West Virginia/Georgetown Under 122 Game
GTown won't hit 17 3's today. This one will be a war and a slugfest. I want to bet on both clubs, so I will stay away from the side.

565/566 Akron/Western Michigan Under 128
Both teams need to advance to go to the final and neither have strong enough resumes for an at-large. I expect a defensive battle here after they both got lucky foul-fest overs yesterday.

569 Boise State (+3)
569/570 Boise State/Utah State Under 152'
Boise got their hearts broken when USU came in and annihiliated them in Boise. That was Boise's chance to win the WAC outright. Boise has 4 senior starters. This is their game to win or lose IMO. As much as I love Morrill, Boise has the motivation here and have been through too much to let this opportunity slip away.

573/574 UC Irvine/UCSB Over 125'
574 UCSB (-3)
I am not a Big West expert like Winky, but I think the Gauchos' Williams is the best coach in the BW (Thomason, Douglass and eventually Monson and Stewart when they get some players are also good). They lost twice to Irvine and I don't see them letting this happen here. Irvine is not that good IMO (I paid the price for going against them last night though).

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Arky hung on. +22 Rebound Margin, 22 offensive rebounds and 50 points in the paint. If Vandy gets matched up with an 11 or 12 that has some size, they are in trouble. Steven Hill must have blocked 6 shots in what little of the game I saw.

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

535 Minnesota (+7) (-120)
Indiana is getting a lot of love and bets b/c of their terrible performance at Penn St and Minny is off an unimpressive effort vs. NW. Minny played very good defense yesterday and I think they come focused here. Minny had Indiana down to the wire in The Barn and their 14-point loss in B-Town was a lot closer than the final. Minny just fell apart in the final several minutes.

535/536 Minnesota/Indiana Under 136
Going against the steam here. Indiana gets JaMarcus Ellis back from suspension, who is arguably their best defender, when he wants to be. Ellis doesn't score a lot, so perhaps the people betting the over think he's a scorer.

560 Temple (-1) 1st Half
560 Temple (-2) Game
I gotta think Charlotte is out of gas after having to come back against Rhody on Thurs and coming back from way down against UMass. Temple has looked impressive their last few games.

559/560 Charlotte/Temple Over 136
Bubble game here will lead to a foulfest. Temple likes the push the pace and Charlotte, whose natural inclination is to run, will oblige.

563/564 Pittsburgh/Marquette Under 134'
Pitt's defense has been outstanding in this tourney but hasn't hit the under. They will tonight.

564 Marquette (-2)

582 USC (+8')
UCLA proved their point against Cal last night. Howland's teams underperform in the conf tourney. There is no way they lose the #1 seed. Howland doesn't care much about this. USC will be the more motivated club.

GL

HD

looks like you're having a good day so far HD, glad to see after those tough beats yesterday :cheers

GL on the rest buddy

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

543/544 Texas A & M/Kansas State Under 136
A & M has some players still ill. I expect them to slow it down.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

575/576 CS Fullerton/CS Northridge Over 156'

GL

HD

P.S. I'm done with going against Irvine. Good god where did this come from.